The problem with Monks

Monk
Am I the only person that doesn't feel that monks are fixed just because there is a gimmick that allows monks to "compete". Those that are willing to use the gimmick of Clone spam from the SWK set bonus are just hurting the monk class by hiding the flawed, lazy, and incomplete game design behind the class. Its just Exploding Palm all over again. I for one am unwilling to spam a mantra to push my way to 40+ Greater Rifts.

Blizzard needs to make monks TRUELY viable by overhauling/buffing more of the core features on the class, not have one set with an abuse-ridden set bonus.

That is not to say that the last patch did not improve monks, because it did. It was a step in the right direction overall. But more needs to be done and not base a classes balance on a set bonus. Any class.

Until then, I will be doing my best to do be competitive with my cold sweeping wind build where I get to use 6 abilities.
The devs have already stated that they are not done with fixing monk yet. We got a band aid for the time being how ever.
They also said they're more incline to introduce Legendaries to complement the sets rather than tweak them.

I'm not exactly looking forward to this, so I'll believe it when I see it.
That is not to say that the last patch did not improve monks, because it did. It was a step in the right direction overall. But more needs to be done and not base a classes balance on a set bonus. Any class.

Blizzard disagrees. Obviously. They like set bonuses. It's their idea originally - or at least in Diablo 2 was the first place I ever saw or heard of it.

Every single class works this way... nobody in the top 100 of any classes' GRift list isn't using their class set.

More variety is a great idea, but set bonuses being required for high end play is probably here to stay. Honestly, I like it.
I'm pretty sure they are not 100% satisfied with rainment set. So to make this one better they will have it have the old effect back, and let FoT(the vanilla D3 one) proc it. And let Monks go past GR50 with it..