Firebird's Finery Bonus Temporarily Disabled

Wizard
Prev 1 15 16 17 29 Next
Quoting a reply on another thread, that looks like a reasonable explanation:

As some people have mentioned, this appears to be the dot deciding at time of swapping from "stacking" to "infinite" whether or not it crit. You can test it for yourself by removing paragon points from critical hit damage and doing the test on a boss again, the lower number will remain the same (noncrit) and the higher number will drop (Crit)

Maybe someone can verify and make a video for the issue to facilitate a fix.
Yeah we already verified this.
So you're saying we should all go low life 100% crit haori builds until it's fixed?
08/26/2014 08:00 PMPosted by TimeWaster
We are lucky that the developers are also people who love this game and want to continue to improve it.

Lol. So obvious.
14million infinite dot tick on t6 riftguardian -.-
is it fixed already? i thought hotfix was deployed already
It got fixed into the current bug, the infinite tick is based on the last hit to reach it being a crit or non crit it seems.
08/26/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Dutchy
It got fixed into the current bug, the infinite tick is based on the last hit to reach it being a crit or non crit it seems.

that's not true,

mine goes up to 150m on RG, then it slow comes back down to 20-30m.
Please fix the hydra. Or please delete wizard class, it's too afflictive.
08/26/2014 11:47 PMPosted by CKbrah
08/26/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Dutchy

that's not true,

That seems new information to me, having read this thread.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

that's not true,

That seems new information to me, having read this thread.

Not on the last hit. Based on my earlier findings, and based on research done by others, this is whats going on: Dots in D3 fall into two categories. Dots that can crit per tick and dots that, when the spell is applied, either all crit, or all do not crit. I can't precisely source this information, I've found it while lurking around, and can't even guarantee it good, but lacking a better method to observe dot behavior, and based on what I've seen, we'll use this model for now.

Now then, what happens as far as I understand it is, while building to the infinite DoT, we have a DoT that does X% Fire damage over 3 seconds, and re-evaluates its damage frequently (falls into the constantly evaluating each tick for critical versus noncritical tick category of DoT). Your sources of fire damage continue to add to and build this DoT, updating dynamically and increasing in damage until, finally, you hit 3000% fire damage. Then, a new roll happens, a hidden spell almost. Your wizard effectively casts a 3000% fire damage over time, with unlimited (or close enough to be irrelevant) duration on the target. When this happens, the DoT becomes one of the latter type DoT's. Either it all crits, or it all does not crit, giving you the disparity you see.

Its also worth noting for the record, that depending on your other dots (MM Conflagrate, Effacious toxins, or other small damages) the white dot tick might not be completely consistent. However, if you take off all other effects and apply the infinite dot, you will find it ticks at the exact same number barring outside influence.
Another blue post would be nice.
08/27/2014 12:17 AMPosted by Offspec
Another blue post would be nice.

Maybe they went home for some sleep.
Still bugged.

The damage output is very inconsistent and if you are not lucky enough to make the DoT crit on a boss you are stuck with a puny 10-20m per tick DoT (depending on your stats).

A link to the bug report thread for more visibility:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14059916069?page=1
To quote someone who I was discussing this matter on.

08/27/2014 12:04 AMPosted by JFactor
Except for the entire PTR their math involved averaging your crit stats into the DOT. For example, instead of individual ticks critting, the entire DOT would deal (CC x CD)% extra damage. This is the way (almost) every other DOT now works (for example, Jade Harvester's calculation uses this).

They have also been trying to stamp out snapshotting across the board, regardless of how complicated it is to implement.

The fact that it's no longer using the "average crit" calculation is unquestionably a bug.

So for example, instead of doing a solid baseline of 50M ticks, you're either locked into the minimum end 10M, or maximum end 100M. (Example numbers.)
FIX THIS AND HYDRAS THAT HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED FOR MONTHS
Well, this seems awkward.
Hydras still messed up, which they were for a long time on ptr and now this, which seemed to work on ptr.

I don't know what's most sad to be honest.
08/26/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Tyvalir
I just spoke to the QA team who retested the Firebird's Finery set bonus, and confirmed it is working correctly. Basically, the 6-piece bonus works like this...

• It produces less damage than on the PTR as it ramps up
  • It produces the same damage as on the PTR once it is infinite

In other words, the attack starts off a bit slower now before building to PTR strength.

Tested with multiple builds (EU server). The DOT more often than not remains MUCH weaker (10-20M ticks when infinite) than it was on PTR (40-70M ticks when infinite, depending on the build). I get occasional strong DOT, but overall it's very inconsistent and very disappointing.
Can Blizzard make things right at least once? They act like a bunch of rookies. I'm sick of it. Oh by the way, have you fixed hydra already? -_-