Guide: GR36 Physical Whirlwind

Barbarian
Prev 1 6 7 8 42 Next
I can give a small update as i finally found ramalandi's gift..

Single target dps vs t6 ghom: (starting with 0 rampage / Taeguk stacks)

Stalgaards = 176 mil edps average

Sunkeeper + doombringer = 234 mil edps average

Gear & build -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203

Seems like a good furnace is the bis weapon for this build...
i can only beat lvl 32 with my gear :|

what procs bane of the trapped in your build dtx? or is it your reakors amu?
Trapped auto procs with its Rank25 area slow.
Seems like many people consider this as some sort of introduction / guide to this build, so I´ve added some more information regarding skill and gear options / alternatives to the first post.

Hope that covers the basics.

I am not used to writing "build guides" or similar stuff just research info so bear with me. Like it´s just skills and gear put together, something that everyone is able to do, not rocket science. I am not claiming to have reinvented the feel or anything here, just wanted to share the gameplay joy with those who like the play style.

Feel free to point out mistakes, post if something I wrote is difficult to comprehend or if additional information is required and I´ll see what I can do.

09/03/2014 05:38 AMPosted by Det0x
I can give a small update as i finally found ramalandi's gift..
Single target dps vs t6 ghom: (starting with 0 rampage / Taeguk stacks)
Stalgaards = 176 mil edps average
Sunkeeper + doombringer = 234 mil edps average
Gear & build -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203
Seems like a good furnace is the bis weapon for this build...

Taeguk is not the best gem to make comparison runs between DW and 2H, especially not against bosses with Insanity burst.

By the way, have you tried switching weapons? I know it may sound counterintuitive (weird) given that RLTW damage comes from MH and you may activate OH frequency on it but I´ve gotten better results with Doombringer MH in PTR boss battles a while ago. Probably cause of Ancients dealing the bulk (unsure). Might be worth a shot. EDIT: Nice amulet lol ._.

Anyway, I hope more people will try different weapon setups and report back with their results.
You guys are awesome. I actually rolled a monk for Season 1 since I was barbed-out. I will be back for season 2 and trying to get to this.

Miss you guys.

Hope all is well with Nubtro, Det0x and the rest of the family!

Great work fellas...keep it going!!
Aww hi Pri!

Interesting topic, good work you Nubness.
09/03/2014 04:27 AMPosted by Isdrydge
OMG, TY so much for this build Nubtro !

I have 2 questions :
- Is the T&T are mandatory for this build ? What can i use instead ? Mage gauntlet
- If we didn't have your amulet, Strongarms are not as good, no ?

I can help a bit here, taskers aren't mandatory but if you find a pair then yes you should use them hence it gives your ancients more AS=mory fury and damage. Until you do you can use ik gauntlets and open up a slot for boots/belt/helm...whichever u prefer. Ice climbers IMO would be great for CC mitigation, the only reason i saw no on magefist is cuz the build is physical. If your using fire then use magefist.

I don't have a good roll on the ess of Johan either so i use auguilds bracer and shoulder for the damage reduction and elite bonus(with RORG) till i test out some different items like profane pauldrons or the 200% knives shoulders(forgot name). For bracers you have speed burst bracers(warzenchin i think)/trang ouls(since they can roll with preferred stats now) or even slave bonds which have 5 main stats.

Hope this helps!
Did anyone mention using the IK weapon? This frees up a slot. I am trying it with WH belt. Still have to find trinkets that have sockets or ones that I can make sockets as this is a back up barb.

Am I missing something as Nub is using a strongarm. Is that just for the 20% physical as I don't see anything that would help with knockback on the bracers.
I just picked up a Furnace, on my WW barb:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/angryteen-6642/hero/6933951

What is considered "ideal" for a Rama-ed Furnace for this setup?
09/03/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Silverlock
I don't see anything that would help with knockback on the bracers.

Here you go.

> Strongarm triggered by 2 x Ess of Johan and Madawc´s Seismic Slam
09/03/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Silverlock
Did anyone mention using the IK weapon? This frees up a slot. I am trying it with WH belt. Still have to find trinkets that have sockets or ones that I can make sockets as this is a back up barb.

Am I missing something as Nub is using a strongarm. Is that just for the 20% physical as I don't see anything that would help with knockback on the bracers.

09/03/2014 11:23 AMPosted by angryteen
I just picked up a Furnace, on my WW barb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/angryteen-6642/hero/6933951
What is considered "ideal" for a Rama-ed Furnace for this setup?

Both of you should probably reread the first post with the updated information from earlier today. Try Ctrl+f "boulder", "strongarm" and "furnace" but I guess I should make it more apparent there is more info now :)

The answers are: (1) yes it is an option, (2) Madawc+Ess, (3) Strength and 2 out of vit/LoH/cooldown/%damage depending on build / needs / what you feel comfortable with.

Vit+LoH is the survival option that I currently run, 20K+ LoH is very helpful in GR30+ and I´d recommend it to everyone on their 2H. 10% damage is simply 10% more damage (multiplicative). Cooldown if you want/need it for another build or want to try a WotB version.

---

Hmm I got 2 Rama within first 3 Rifts today, hotfix buff of drop rates or just RNG?
Hey guys, before I spend any Ramaladni's Gifts, do you think this CDR variant will work?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/thenoseknows-1451/hero/1903576
Enhancer weapon damage explanation
page asked me to test if Enhancer is MH only.

The answer is no. The damage is determined by the "active hand" when you crit. Let me try to explain.

My setup was 2.2K dps Doombringer in MH and 4.5 dps white Axe in OH.

First test: I used Weapon Throw and when the MH crit, the bleed was MH weapon damage. When the OH crit, the bleed was OH weapon damage. The gap is very large so this was easily distinguishable.

Second test: I used RLTW and first few tries the bleed kept OH weapon damage even though RLTW is MH weapon damage. Then I used Weapon Throw to switch "active hand" and afterwards Enhancer was MH weapon damage.

Important information here = since RoS, only skills that alternate hands actually change "active hand". Say you use Throw with OH and then Rend (MH only) a couple of times, OH will stay "active hand" even though you used a MH only skill. That is because MH only skills do not affect "active hand". Now say you used WW after that which alternates, and the "active hand" may have changed.

RLTW deals MH weapon damage but its tick frequency is based on "active hand" (last weapon swung).

This is really confusing unless you fully understand the terminology and have a basic understanding of skill mechanics.

TL;DR version for you: You cannot really attempt to purposely trigger Enhancer with the weapon you want, especially not when there´s tens of WW and RLTW ticks. Just know that Enhancer with a stat stick OH is a bad idea.
Can CoTA proc pain enhancer? heard mixed responses that it can even with proc coef. of 0.
and is there an icon above enemies like rend that shows the bleed?
(been playing on lowest graphics settings recently cause of the summer heat so i cant tell :/)
09/03/2014 12:22 PMPosted by FinalForm
Can CoTA proc pain enhancer? heard mixed responses that it can even with proc coef. of 0.
and is there an icon above enemies like rend that shows the bleed?
(been playing on lowest graphics settings recently cause of the summer heat so i cant tell :/)

Yes pet crits trigger Enhancer, just tested it...but they don´t trigger Toxin lol...very weird.

This is probably a coding oversight on their part. Which means if they read this, it will get fixed. Sorry.

And no, there is no special bleed icon.
I only see a level 60 barb when i view profile ;S
09/03/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Khronics

There is a direct link to my profile at the beginning of my first post. I play on EU server.

To check if players have an EU profile
1. click "view profile"
2. click "career"
3. change the "us" to "eu" in the browser address
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/career
->->->
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/career
09/03/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Khronics

Nubtro wrote the book on WW. Literally.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4902400739
Posted a bug report regarding Pain Enhancer
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14097990809#1

Not only pets but even your follower triggers it and it applies your character´s stats...I´d like to know if this works as intended or what.
Nubtro, I assume your level 35 rift guardian was not Raiziel?