Remove Trial Rifts

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
I don't know if this has been addressed or not but my suggestion to this issue is to allow the Key of Trial to open any tier rift up to the maximum level each player (from solo run only) has achieved to date. Kind of like backward compatible. It is more versatile to which any player can join any lower tier Grift rather than having the EXACT tier key to join with others.

Solo runs is individual effort and the Key of Trial is BOA; thus, the player should have a choice to decide which tiers to begin - no shortcut or cheating here.
just make cow level standard

/thread
Well played OP.
09/18/2014 07:24 PMPosted by KwShinigami
just make cow level standard

/thread

This could essentially be a cow level, just replace the enemy with the classic cow which would of got heaps and praises by us old timer purists. I got to thinking it does need to be tweaked a bit, if only for hardcore players. With a normal player, really all you have to do is get to what wave you like then just sit till timer runs out or you can start at grift one if you want by just dying. For a normal player you can basically already decide your fate, just die when you are ready, not that easy for hardcore though. They need a finished button somewhere for when they need it. Not sure at all how any change can be made to this for multiplayer though other then taking out a neat and fun feature.

If they do take it out, then replace it with content, an actual cow level. That would be cool with those of us who like trial rifts i think, but i dont speak for everyone like some folks. Taking content away is no better then having bad content in my eyes. Usually those guys happy with the game dont come here to complain about something so any input they would have never gets notice and gives the perception since they are not here going "weee its great!" then that automatically makes it bad. Baseless of course. Anywho toodles mates, gonna go make some noodles and get in hour or two of a great game in before work
Rather than removing Trial Rifts, I'd like it to just be a random floor on GRift.

You can either stays in the arena for a consistent spawn rate as you clear them, or just exit via a portal if you want to potentially go faster.
+1 totally pointless Trial.
Up, please answer us.
09/02/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Razor
09/02/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Kyrone
JUST GIVE US A SLIDER THAT MOVES UP TO THE HIGHEST RIFT WE HAVE ACHIEVED.

yes please.

Thisssssss
09/02/2014 03:15 PMPosted by Runeknight95
No

Sometimes you want to start over to get more loot, sometimes you are not trying to push for max. And for hc players you dont want to be near the death point all the time anyway
They should just give us the option to hit any level that we have already completed + 1. No silly trial runs, we pick and choose.
09/19/2014 11:55 AMPosted by JimmyJump
09/02/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Razor
yes please.

Thisssssss
Highest + 1. You don't want to have to do the last you were successful at to try a new one.
I posted this 1000x times on the PTR forums. I begged and pleaded with people to get on board with this. I screamed at anyone who would listen about how repetitive and boring trial rifts would become after the 500th one you did.

All I got was people telling me to shut up, that trial rifts were find that they love doing them over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Its funny how the same people who were constantly battling my position on this are the same ones calling for it to end... guess I was right, guess the extensive testing I did on the ptr, the over 1000 trial rifts I did, the countless hours I put in to gauge the competiveness of greater rifts actually gave me insight into what most people are experiencing right now. But I guess all the time I put in doesn't really mean I know what I'm talking about right?

Guess I have to look forward to trial rift #3523 tonight, cant wait.............
09/19/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Lucasbenz
I posted this 1000x times on the PTR forums. I begged and pleaded with people to get on board with this. I screamed at anyone who would listen about how repetitive and boring trial rifts would become after the 500th one you did.

All I got was people telling me to shut up, that trial rifts were find that they love doing them over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Its funny how the same people who were constantly battling my position on this are the same ones calling for it to end... guess I was right, guess the extensive testing I did on the ptr, the over 1000 trial rifts I did, the countless hours I put in to gauge the competiveness of greater rifts actually gave me insight into what most people are experiencing right now. But I guess all the time I put in doesn't really mean I know what I'm talking about right?

Guess I have to look forward to trial rift #3523 tonight, cant wait.............

start trial.. then go gob hunting... you will go from 1 to 11 to 18 to 24 probably just as fast as actually doing 30 rounds of a trial.. at least it will seem faster
Any blue around?
09/02/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Kyrone
They have to be one of the most pointless mechanics ever implemented into D3.

You don't seem to understand that D3 is and always was a wip.

Trials are boring. Been there, doing 40 trials after another for a couple of hours and I won't do that again. But introducing them into the game wasn't pointless at all. They aren't a perfect solution but a start which can be built on.

And with time the whole process of Greater Rifting will become better.

I agree that once you've cleared a specific level, you should be able to create keystones for it and every level below. That's just logical.
09/20/2014 06:28 AMPosted by KrazeeXXL
You don't seem to understand that D3 is and always was a wip.

We had 2+ months of PTR and many, many people pointed out the exact same problem with the trials.

Why the devs don't even seem to understand the flaw behind the trials is just beyond me.

The same goes for why no blue responds to this topic.
But I guess it is more important for the game to explain what the stupid Cesspools are, even though you could simply google that.

SMH.
I support as many others have a slider which allows us to choose up to what we have completed. This way to can level gems easier or jump to progression. Which ever we choose. give us choice blizzard.
It won't go away because it adds diversity to ttheir very shallow game. Sadly, I doubt it will ever change.
Fo sho. Trials are frustrating and you always end up with low lvl keys.
I've made an M6 DH and try to party up with other DHs and a monk to get high lvl keys. These opportunities are scarse though and we shouldn't be forced to do that.
Trials are only pointless for those who wish to do GR nonstop. And don't wish to have to farm more trial keys.