Firebird is Still bugged (Really low damage)

Bug Report
Sheeesh. Can someone please give their QA team a cookie.
Confirmed that the damage is way inconsistent.

Probably they made the DoT benefit from ChC and ChD in the wrong way.

One or two weeks ago in PTR the two stats gave an average bonus to all DoTs giving all the application of the DoT the same damage.
Now it seems like it is proccing either as a normal hit or as a critical hit.

If you are lucky enough to proc it as a critical hit it will do like 60-80m damage per tick, if it procs like a normal hit it will do less than 20m.

I hope they fix this asap.
I am seeing the same thing as reported. I usually get a very low infinite tick of around 15m. This is obviously a bug. Please fix, the Wizard is useless at the moment.
Yeah, same for me... Really low damage compared to PTR.
Go to the wizard forum. There is a bluepost stating that the firebirds finery bonus is temporarily disabled because of bugs. So i think the lower DMG u are experiencing is because of the missing dot dmg from 6 piece bonus.
08/27/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Impact
Go to the wizard forum. There is a bluepost stating that the firebirds finery bonus is temporarily disabled because of bugs. So i think the lower DMG u are experiencing is because of the missing dot dmg from 6 piece bonus.

The same post also contains posts which state the bonus was activated a while after patch. This thread is about the fact that the bonus is active, but unreliable due to the infinite dot being either very high or very low, depending on its interaction with your character's crit. Firebirds is currently active, but at the time the infinity dot is applicated (upon reaching 3000% weapon damage as fire), it does its own personal critical strike versus non-critical strike roll. The difference results in a dot that either does 10-20m damage per tick, and one that does 60-90m.

How do I get a DOT if the 6-piece bonus isn't working? No offense, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
same, sometimes it ticks for 10M sometimes it ticks fo 60M... on ptr it was with same gear about 32-36M, now it is so much random :(
08/27/2014 01:08 AMPosted by Feanor

How do I get a DOT if the 6-piece bonus isn't working? No offense, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe you should follow your own advice...

08/26/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Quick update! The hotfix for the Firebird's Finery set has gone live, and the 6-piece set bonus has been enabled. Thanks again for your patience, everyone.
yeah - this is more bugged than it was before. dot seems to be at random damage values
Yes they hot fixed it but they failed to notice the new bug created. The QA teams assessment that the set is working as intended was incorrect.
second
Plenty of posts about this on the US Wizard forum.

The general consensus is that the infinite dot is rolling a separate chance to roll as a 'crit', hence sometimes you see values of ~20m and other times you see values at 4-5* above this.

A good video of this here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14059566065
Bumping for blue attention. Tell us that a hotfix is on the way, please. A lack of communication other than "hurr durr you just don't understand the new mechanic" doesn't benefit anyone.

I realize you're busy, but this is a major issue affecting the most popular class in D3 (source: http://diablo.somepage.com/info/paragon-distribution). Also: before you tell us it's fixed please run it by some internal quality controls to make sure you aren't jumping the gun. Mistakes happen, but issues have plagued this particular set for a very long time.
Come the hell on, can we actually get siome kind of attention here?
Are theese monkeys you call QA department fired already?

TPeing for like 10 times to actually score a PROPER damage on RG is beyond retarded, this QA haven't ever seen anything past normal i guees?
plz average the non crit dots with the crit dots so we can get a more stable dot like on ptr. As of now this set is way too inconsistent and frustrating to even play wiz right now.
08/27/2014 05:38 AMPosted by alpahc
Ninja nerf or incompetence ?

A bit of both in this case, first they ninja nerfed to this ( confirmed by a blue ):

"I just spoke to the QA team who retested the Firebird's Finery set bonus, and confirmed it is working correctly. Basically, the 6-piece bonus works like this...

It produces less damage than on the PTR as it ramps up
It produces the same damage as on the PTR once it is infinite

In other words, the attack starts off a bit slower now before building to PTR strength.
"

And then they did it wrong and borke it to the bugged version we have now.
To add insult to injury, there are no mentions of this being worked on here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811
All i know is that EB - Chain Reaction with a Woh only needs half of the blasts to supposedly stack this set to max, and it doesn't. Also, while you guys are at it, maybe make it so that my wizard with 600k health doesn't take 70% dmg per hit from everything in the game so that i might actually get to do something with my broken not working set that went live broken AFTER IT WAS INTENDED TO BUFF THE SET IN THE FIRST PLACE. im sorry but what the heavenly !@#$ are you guys smoking over there cause i really need to toke that piece.