Nerf DH please!

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Devs already said that they will nerf DH.
Since there isnt any real competitive pvp why does it matter if a class is strong to you? It doesnt effect you in anyway since you have no chance at any #1s on leaderboard anyways.
08/31/2014 05:13 AMPosted by ivanp3000
I'm just surprised it isn't a barbarian player crying this time. What's worse is that it's a WD player..lol. The one class that doesn't deserve to have any say in balance whatsoever. What a joke this thread is.

/troll thread.

Wow

Did I say something incorrect? For how many months did the WD ride the OP train calling everyone noobs for asking for a balance change to the Jade and Pet doctors? How about WW barbs? Too many. How many Demon Hunter players do you see making threads asking to nerf other classes from 2012 to 2014? Please go find me a paragon 500+ Demon Hunter player who goes out of their way to whine their case for a nerf of another class. Demon Hunter players have been nerfed from the very beginning of the launch. Every skill that has been used and been effective for the class was nerfed by yours truly, Jay Wilson and company. When WDs were considered OP because of their Jade set, most demon hunter players laid low and just played the game using what they had - cycle builds or M4/N3. Now a WD comes out of the bushes after realizing he is as insignificant as we all know him to be and wants to cry for a nerf of a class he has NO idea on the history of? WD's don't have a say in class balance as their classes were buffed and left alone after being called "OP". I've played as a Jade and Pet doctor and it's as balanced as they can be in the current meta; it takes just as little skill to play as the M6 Demon Hunter.

/thread
08/30/2014 09:26 PMPosted by Bhelios
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

"Fate does not seek our consent."

"...then we will die with a sword in our hands, and not chains on our wings."
08/30/2014 09:26 PMPosted by Bhelios
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

Cycles, man. Cycles. I used to be all about my WoW Wiz until dps was eclipsed by WD pets and I became a wizdog... dusted off my WD's and rode that train for quite some time. Seems like it's DH's time to shine.

Cycles mean that a game which should have 6 classes always have 1 or 2 really useful ones and 4 or 5 only useful for cosplays.
Posted by SerValentino
IF YOUR REASONING FOR NERFING DEMON HUNTERS IS BECAUSE YOU FEEL IT IS OVERPOWERED DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS THE LEAD SEASON AND GREATER RIFT CHARACTER IN THE LEADERBOARDS, NOT ALL PLAYERS CARE ABOUT LEADERBOARDS OR WHO'S TOP ON WHAT. WE, AND I MEAN ME, JUST WANT TO ENJOY THIS GAME AND SOMEDAY PLAY WITH IT AGAIN AND NOT FINDING OUT THAT THE GAME I ENJOYED CHANGED INTO SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE YOU GUYS CARE ON WHO'S TOP OF WHAT IN THE LEADERBOARDS.

"I don't care about leaderboards, so nobody should care"

Awesome logic.

Let me put it in simple words so you can understand. A game/class should not be changed due to some Leaderboards because one class is dominating over the others. And did you not read the part "NOT ALL PLAYERS"? That means some players care about leaderboards, and i don't care about them.
i've spent the last hour finding it, but can anyone link the thread or tell me what the nerf is about? I know is't the M6 bonus, but what i don't know are the specifics.
08/31/2014 09:39 AMPosted by SerValentino
Let me put it in simple words so you can understand. A game/class should not be changed due to some Leaderboards because one class is dominating over the others. And did you not read the part "NOT ALL PLAYERS"? That means some players care about leaderboards, and i don't care about them.

Let me put it in simple words so you can understand. A game/class should be changed due to some Leaderboards because one class is dominating over the others.

Do you get it? Saying some words like if they were taken out of the Holy Bible with not a single reason does nothing in favour of the logic.

You don't care about leaderboards and I don't care what you care about. I've read your whole post and it's pretty obvious that the dude with reading comprehension problems is you: if you assume that some players DO care about leaderboards but they should stay broken because you don't like it, it's a complete nonsense. Are you Mike Morhaime? And, wake up guy, they are one of the key features of 2.1 and you are saying that they should be ignored? LOL, 404, logic not found.
3-4 levels is double monster HP.

And that is terrible GR design. M6 was considered middle of the pack pre 2.1, when monsters HP were in reasonable range. The down time to setup the sentries to get full damage potential was the key competent in the sentries build balance. With mobs HP getting into ridiculous ranges, thus mobs taking eternity to die, the setup time became a non-factor.

The problem is if you nerf sentries to put M6 max damage potential in line with lets say shotgun crusaders or finery wizards, the setup time will make it so much worse than these builds. If you have the maximum damage potential higher due to setup time, as you progress in GR, you will reach a point were setup time is negligible and the only factor is max damage output. Again, terrible GR design.

Add in the mix that DHs have the worst resource management system, you take M6 away and DH would be without any question the worst class. The devs of course chose to ignore all DHs feed back in PTR, and made mambo jumbo changes made out of a hat (punishment nerf, shadow mantle) and you are stuck with M6.

A midterm solution could be to lower sentries CD from 6 to 4 sec and lower the damage of spenders from 100% to 75%. That will decrease the potential while decreasing the setup time. I am expecting the devs will either nerf it to the ground without fixing the class problems or just ignore till next major patch, and neither is good.

This post is on point.

Here is an idea: What IF "Custom Engineering" passive allowed player to place the maximum number of Traps or Sentrys with one cast.

With that you can nerf the damage of the Sentry, without the issues you describe. Furthermore it could make Spike Trap a viable build.

Let me put it in simple words so you can understand. A game/class should be changed due to some Leaderboards because one class is dominating over the others.

Ok, just one detail: the leaderboards doesn't mean the DH is the best class, it only means that it's the best class FOR GREATER RIFTS. In t6 rifts other classes might be faster, against Ubers others, so on...

And one more thing: you will never achieve full balance, once DH are nerfed into the groud, another class will be on top.
To the guy above, (Salzwer):

Last time i check, D3 is a game made for people to 'play' and enjoy the game. 'Leaderboards' is an extra feature of the game where those who likes to compete with each other can. So, 'Leaderboards' should not be the basis of how the game changes, but a basis only to see who is better than who at using this particular character.

You like leaderboard that much and not a DH user so you hate the fact that DH rules them? Why care? Compete with those using the same character you are using. Simple. And if you are a DH user and still can't get on top of the leaderboard ranking, making you frustrated with the class? Then you are an 'inefficient' player.

Let's not waste forum wall shall we?

--------------------------------------------

My question above still stands. If someone can please post a link to the topic on the details of the nerf or at least tell us what the nerf is about (the details) it would be helpful for me and other visitors of this forum.

Thank you for any reply.
08/30/2014 09:11 PMPosted by Grailer
DH is way too over powered .

Seasons proved how powerful they are . 1st 2 players were DH

Greater Rifts prove how powerful they are . Top players are DH .

Turrets cant die . Nerf those for a start . Make them draw agro and take damage .

Do some research. They're all done nerfing and instead would rather buff the other classes up to the M6 and Jade doc level.
^ Exactly. still can't find what the nerf is about.
08/31/2014 10:09 AMPosted by gbasso
Ok, just one detail: the leaderboards doesn't mean the DH is the best class, it only means that it's the best class FOR GREATER RIFTS. In t6 rifts other classes might be faster, against Ubers others, so on...

Greater Rifts are supposed to be the ones which determine class balance:

http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/529306369
http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075-more-info-from-the-anniversary-dev-stream-gambling

Tiered Rifts will be used as a benchmark to measure class balance (solo capabilities, group synergy, high vs. low difficulty farming speed to be taken into account)

08/31/2014 10:09 AMPosted by gbasso
And one more thing: you will never achieve full balance, once DH are nerfed into the groud, another class will be on top.

Who said "nerfed into the ground"?
There will always be someone on top, it's just the way it is. They will buff other classes to slowly bring balance to the force.
08/31/2014 10:13 AMPosted by SerValentino
To the guy above, (Salzwer):

Last time i check, D3 is a game made for people to 'play' and enjoy the game. 'Leaderboards' is an extra feature of the game where those who likes to compete with each other can. So, 'Leaderboards' should not be the basis of how the game changes, but a basis only to see who is better than who at using this particular character.

Ok. If you don't care about leaderboards, then let's nerf the M6. Even if it's only able to do GR32, but you don't care about leaderboards, right?

You like leaderboard that much and not a DH user so you hate the fact that DH rules them? Why care? Compete with those using the same character you are using. Simple.

"It's not a feature I like, so it should stay broken. Blizzard should only care about the things I like".

And if you are a DH user and still can't get on top of the leaderboard ranking, making you frustrated with the class? Then you are an 'inefficient' player.

Do you realize how many contradictions does this quote contain?

My question above still stands. If someone can please post a link to the topic on the details of the nerf or at least tell us what the nerf is about (the details) it would be helpful for me and other visitors of this forum.

There're like 918274568912759175 different proposals. The point is that DH should be at something like 38-39 but it's at 42.
well it does effect me.

your DH can level gems higher rank than my WD.

you can lvl gems and then use them on your WD
which means you can then score higher than me with WD due to better gems.
08/31/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Ravenlock
There will always be someone on top, it's just the way it is. They will buff other classes to slowly bring balance to the force.

Do you realize that the opposite also works, right?

There will always be someone on bottom, it's just the way it is. They will nerf other classes to slowly bring balance to the force.

So "always nerf" has no sense, but "always buff" also has no sense.

If you establish a baseline and you raise it everytime someone surpasses it, then it happens that T6 goes from impossible to a joke. Right now, there's people asking Blizzard for T7-10, so lets buff and ask for T40.