Wait... Do these damn trial keys

General Discussion
So by your flawless logic, who is to say that 100% trial key drop isnt just a t6 rift boss legend drop that you are wasting on a key?
09/08/2014 07:34 PMPosted by gammagulp
I rip through t3+ rifts for bloodshards and i RARELY, i mean RARELY see anything else drop with a key. It is entirely possible with their hotfix they botched something.

then take accurate numbers. how often you get no legendaries. how often you get legendaries. how often you get keys. and how often you get key and a legendary.

if your claiming theres a problem, then show it. do the tests, and show blizz that there is a bug. otherwise they will leave it as is.

even if they do respond to one of the threads about this, it will be a community manager who is going off of the information on how it is supposed to work (which is the same info the non blizz members have been showing you). they will not be looking at the code. and even if something is messed up, the code wont always show it. the only way to know there is a bug is to test it hundreds or thousands of times.
I simply asked in a thread if plans/crafting mats counted as drops, it was addressed with a no. This is all im asking. Instead im getting tryhards with no factual information except "common sense" which are not facts.
09/08/2014 07:43 PMPosted by Sycoticpyro
if your claiming theres a problem, then show it. do the tests, and show blizz that there is a bug. otherwise they will leave it as is.

This would probably take hundreds of Rifts to prove, even then people will say "You just got bad RNG".
Blizzard could be altering drop rates whenever they want, and we'd never know. You can't prove they went down or up... Or changed at all. It's too random and there's no concrete proof one way or the other.

Anyway, the testing is already in-progress here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/2fr62a/legendaries_dropped_in_10x_t6_rifts/

With the sample size needed to form any solid conclusions, it'll take at least a few weeks. Even then it's only one person.
This has nothing to do with the amount of legendaries in a rift. Its a simple question of "do keys count as legendary drops or not"?
09/08/2014 06:54 PMPosted by gammagulp
There is no way a non blizz poster can 100% verify this. I have been running rifts all day and i rarely get anything with a trial key. I can almost assure you that when a trial key drops, nothing else will. Once in a GREAT while, ill see two beams

That or rift drops have been nerfed.

How can you 100% verify this when you are a non-blizz poster?

Hi guys, non-blizz poster here. I've seen keys drop without loot. I've seen keys drop with loot. I've seen keys drop, souls, and loot. I've seen loot without souls and keys.

Question answered, RNG still exists.
Because they're suggesting the key is overwriting another legendary drop.
Cannot be proven one way or the other unless you work for Blizzard...

And if you're saying we should TRUST THEM to not mess up loot tables? Don't kid yourself.
09/08/2014 07:20 PMPosted by tanghm
Keys dropped by Keywarden doesn't have that "beam" on them but these Trial keys have the beam on them, so it is a valid suspicious claim after all.

Legendary recipes have the beam but aren't counted. According to Blue.

05/16/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Grimiku
05/16/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Tizzy
However there's no way to prove that, had those plans not been on your loot table, you wouldn't have obtained a legendary, or is there? It's better to just turn them in just in case...

Crafting recipe's are not on the same loot table as Legendary items, so they never compete against each other when items are dropped.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12877967791#new-post

So there's a chance the grift keys dont.
Drops are not right, I'm seeing keys and forgotten souls and little else.
Exactly. Simple question for blizz, are the keys on the same loot table as your "legendary drop".
09/08/2014 06:54 PMPosted by gammagulp
There is no way a non blizz poster can 100% verify this. I have been running rifts all day and i rarely get anything with a trial key. I can almost assure you that when a trial key drops, nothing else will. Once in a GREAT while, ill see two beams

That or rift drops have been nerfed.

Rift drops haven't been nerfed. You're just getting bad RNG. I got a few legendaries in my last run, one of which was the Odyn Son that's now on my Barbarian.

As for the rift keys, are you farming high Torment? I farm T5, and it's rare for me to not get a key, but sometimes I'll get no legendary drops at all in the run.
Drop rates were affected by the AH at one point in time, it would be appropriate to attach it to Grifts

Speculation is just as strong of an argument as common sense

But that's none of my business...
09/08/2014 06:34 PMPosted by UtopiA
How are non-Blizzard employees answering this?

Because the know the answer (have seen it before) and Blizzard can't be bothered to repeat themselves.
Post one instance of a blue directly saying that trial keys are not on the legendary loot table.
It's a common speculation but I've been getting rubbish from RG way before 2.1. I get way more excited to see white chests instead of elites and RG. Nothing changed, except the disappointment of seeing a star only to realize it's a trial key. It's purely psychological.
09/08/2014 07:25 PMPosted by gammagulp
09/08/2014 07:22 PMPosted by Sycoticpyro

plans also have the beam, but are considered a different class of item than legendary items.

That is correct. However, blizz have directly addressed that question with a yes/no answer.

Something tells me that you're the type of person where if Blizzard came out and answered this question for you by saying it has it's own drop table, you wouldn't believe them anyway, and accuse them of lying or covering up some conspiracy.
Or the NUMEROUS times throughout the thread where ive blatantly talked about how i affirm their answer.
09/08/2014 06:58 PMPosted by wooddog
09/08/2014 06:34 PMPosted by UtopiA
How are non-Blizzard employees answering this?
It's not like we have access to view the loot tables. Given how many bugs/exploits/glitches/problems there are in D3, it's definitely possible they accidentally overwrote a legendary drop in order to apply Trial keystones.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. The question is worth asking.

Can I wear two amulets? Don't reply unless you work for Blizzard.

I dont see how that made a point seeing as you cant wear 2 amulets. Loot tables on the other hand are hidden from the public. People can only make theories on these things.
The keys are not part of the legendary drop table, they are entirely separate entries in the table and have no impact of any kind on whether or not you will get legendary items.

Also I'll be removing the beam from the keys in a future patch.
09/08/2014 07:34 PMPosted by gammagulp
It is entirely possible with their hotfix they botched something

yes it is possible, but then it would be a bug... and as such it isn't intended... so even a developer wouldn't be able to give you the assurance you want.

If they coded it to not be considered a legendary drop, but in some mistake it happens to count as one, they wouldn't know it, and would give you the incorrect answer anyway, until there was enough of an outcry about it "not working as intended" for them to investigate.

so again
you wouldn't get the REAL answer you are looking for until after they realized there was problem and looked into it.