helltrapper + bombardier + eng = 8 sentries?

Demon Hunter
Is it possible to have 7(sorry for typo i meant 7 not 8) sentries up with this setup + marauders?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/helltrapper-3tfdaj

Item Details
Allows you to have up to 5 active sentries that each behaves according to the Sentry rune that you have selected.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/custom-engineering

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bombadiers-rucksack

Thanks
Yes.
Do the proced sentries do full 100% damage as your normal sentries? I know other items that are similar like WD items that spawn fetishes. The proced fetishes only do like a small % of the damage a normal fetish does.
09/04/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Vindicit
Do the proced sentries do full 100% damage as your normal sentries? I know other items that are similar like WD items that spawn fetishes. The proced fetishes only do like a small % of the damage a normal fetish does.

Yes they do full dmg, the only problem is you have to proc the sentry yourself as your sentries can't proc the extra sentries (this wasn't the case on PTR, so im sad to see it go away. :( )
so why is this not BIS?
7 sentries seems OP
That is if you can proc it.

You have 1/3 chance in summoning a sentry, on top of the 7-10%. And you also don't have time to stand around and shoot on higher Grifts.
09/04/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Frozened

You have 1/3 chance in summoning a sentry, on top of the 7-10%. And you also don't have time to stand around and shoot on higher Grifts.

I read on forums the rockets only from your sentries can proc the helltrapper
Bad info?
09/04/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Hellyan
so why is this not BIS?
7 sentries seems OP

Because 1H Crossbow's are a bit lackluster for sentries due to how low their base dmg's can be. The higher rate of attack speed doesn't justify how low base dmg the bows get. The breakpoint of 2.84 breakpoint is the best breakpoint to have as the one higher than it isn't worth getting to. A 2h bow-TnT's get to the 2.84 breakpoint just fine.

On ptr the helltrapper was really good because 1h's were bugged to have insanely high base dmg, but now that it's reverted back to normal dmg values, 1h's just kinda suck.

Not to mention you have to cast yourself to get the sentries to proc, which you don't normaly have an hatred regen in m6 so the chances to get a ability proc from your own abilities is pretty low, getting 2 sentries b4 you run out of hatred is even lower as well.

Trust me though, it's pretty good pre-m6. I like it a lot and think it look's hellacool too.
09/04/2014 11:47 AMPosted by Hellyan
09/04/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Frozened

Bad info?

That was a bug as well. On ptr the 1h's were buffed to really high base dmg (higher than even 2h xbow's) and the rocket from spitfire sentry was bugged to proc a lot of on hit stuff it wasn't supposed to, including the helltrapper proc. Now both of those were fixed.
09/04/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Rolia
09/04/2014 11:47 AMPosted by Hellyan

Bad info?

That was a bug as well. On ptr the 1h's were buffed to really high base dmg (higher than even 2h xbow's) and the rocket from spitfire sentry was bugged to proc a lot of on hit stuff it was supposed to, including the helltrapper proc. Now both of those were fixed.

Thank you sir
I would like to try a build out that reaches the 2.84bp with a helltrapper and no T&T. My T&T are the worst rolled I've ever seen so my offslot atm is Hexing Pants. I can shoot endless EA's or Chakrams through cycling (even the now !@#$ty) Prep: Punishment, Bat companion, and Reaper Wrap health globes. Having enough hatred to keep shooting yourself shouldn't be an issue without a Krider/Spines. Would be interesting to see the effectiveness of a 7 sentry build.

Seems like you'd need to a fair bit of sacrifices to get to 2.84 without T&T and without some way to boost your personal hatred regen like Hexing Pants and Prep: Punishment, it'd be tough to maintain enough hatred to keep spamming shots to proc sentries.

Maybe someone out there already has the gear to try this out and see if it's worth anything at all. All anyone ever seems to say about upper level GR's is that shooting your own shots is out of the question, so maybe not.

At the very least, you'd be using a 1h xbow, which is WAY better for stutter stepping around and avoiding stuff than a clunky %^- 2h xbow. Using a 2h xbow for so long makes me want to cut myself everytime I load this game up.
09/04/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Rolia
Yes they do full dmg, the only problem is you have to proc the sentry yourself as your sentries can't proc the extra sentries (this wasn't the case on PTR, so im sad to see it go away. :( )

It's saying you should play the game... bots aren't fun to play.

Anyways OP...

IF you want to have 4 sentries on the field within 6 seconds, you need that Helltrapper. It's not bis... think about it.... How long does it take you to set up 5 sentries?

3x5 = 150 Hatred and 15 sec if you had 50% cdr (+100% dmg).

2 more sentry = 6 more sec ~= +16% more dps

There are better ways than adding those "sentries"

IMO that backpack is a problem.
09/04/2014 11:54 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
09/04/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Rolia

It's saying you should play the game... bots aren't fun to play.

On contrary to popular belief about the sentry build, I do actually play the game, and I find it quite fun that sentries do a bigger part of my damage. He asked why the bow wasn't BiS to the m6 build, and the fact that you have to manually proc the sentries yourself, on top of it being an already low chance and you being hatred starved if you try, is why it's bad. Idk why your being so rude.
The chance isn't all that low, since it is a flat 10% now and not based on the rune coefficient. In all seriousness, the game just discourages the DH to actually attack his/herself in the GRs, especially the further you get to an exit to a new floor.

Reflect Damage pops you in the face. You guys remember that? Remember Reflect Damage?

It's still here and it hurts like a mofo. I leveled a Mirane Teardrop only to run into constant floors with RD.

-Proc Reflect Damage
-Get Jailed
-???
-Nope, you don't profit
I was thinking of doing a 2 spender build with a helltrapper instead of 3, but what would I give up? Probably impale? But then how do I proc my strongarm bracers /sadface

Edit: I guess I could give up frost arrow for the gen and give up some of my aoe damage.

Maybe I'll try it out if I ever finish farming act 1 for a RoRG upgrade and can go back to farming act 5 for a better helltrapper.
09/04/2014 12:32 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
The chance isn't all that low, since it is a flat 10% now and not based on the rune coefficient. In all seriousness, the game just discourages the DH to actually attack his/herself in the GRs, especially the further you get to an exit to a new floor.

Reflect Damage pops you in the face. You guys remember that? Remember Reflect Damage?

It's still here and it hurts like a mofo. I leveled a Mirane Teardrop only to run into constant floors with RD.

-Proc Reflect Damage
-Get Jailed
-???
-Nope, you don't profit

I played with the 30% slow EA: Ball Lightning quiver a bit... I got bored and started firing off my own Ball Lightnings. I hit a reflect pack and to say I died instantly would be a severe understatement haha. I just blinked and couldn't help but laugh at how helpless I was. You can't even run away or smokescreen (unless you have enough CD for perma SS) since your ball lightning will be in the reflect mob's hitbox for a looooong time.

Anywho, yes I agree the game does not encourage you to attack yourself, rather it encourages you to hide behind a pillar/wall or run far enough to try to avoid Jailer/TS/Ice Orbs/Vortex. This is why M6 quickly becomes boring at Higher Rifts.

Getting back on topic, I think I will try to farm A5 for a helltrapper with AS and try to hit the 4.16 BP. 36 MS and 100 EA every 30 seconds sounds like a lot of fun :)
I'm wondering what would be the best spender to get my sentry procs out asap. Where did you read that the 10% was not based off proc coef? It would seem that Frost Arrow would be the best candidate then (assuming MS:A/EA:FA/CA:M combo).
I hit the 4.15 BP with my calamity today after putting a rimaldi on it and using enchantress (need an attack speed soj or better Taskers to do it without her) and let me just say that it's INSANE! My effective dps skyrocketed above and beyond my nice etrayu at the 2.8 BP even though with calamity I wasn't using bane of the powerful and the lvl 25 bonus my calamity 4.15 setup melted much faster. The FA attacks became a laser lol.

I'm hoping to farm up a nice max attack speed helltraper next to play around with also. At 4.15 everything dies so fast I don't even get to usually drop a 3rd sentry on torment 6. Opens up the possibility to dual wield or use other quivers.
Bad luck of getting Helltrapper so I have a silly question ^^. What happen if I use Helltrapper + M6 gears and use non-M6 build (without Sentry)? Can I still have change to proc Sentry and does Sentry shot my Spenders?
09/04/2014 08:59 PMPosted by WCLee
Bad luck of getting Helltrapper so I have a silly question ^^. What happen if I use Helltrapper + M6 gears and use non-M6 build (without Sentry)? Can I still have change to proc Sentry and does Sentry shot my Spenders?

As long as you have hatred-spenders equipped, your Helltrapper's Sentry should spam those hatred-spenders as well.
09/04/2014 09:53 AMPosted by Hellyan
Is it possible to have 7(sorry for typo i meant 7 not 8) sentries up with this setup + marauders?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/helltrapper-3tfdaj

Item Details
Allows you to have up to 5 active sentries that each behaves according to the Sentry rune that you have selected.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/custom-engineering

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bombadiers-rucksack

Thanks

I have had 8 on the ground at the same time, but their lifespan is only 10 seconds, so you have to get lucky with the internal rolls. More than 8 would be highly improbably.