Bloodshard limit

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 7 8 9 19 Next
I support this - you guys need to up the limit to at least a thousand.
No because you are not supposed to be changing characters. Guess what? Its called "Character Progression" In Diablo 3 it happens by finding progressively better items and then moving up in difficulty levels.

If you are intent on "farming" (rolls eyes) on your character so you can then scoot your other character up in line out of normal character progression then I believe I'm correct in assuming Blizzard (nor I) will have any sympathy for you.
09/08/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Nevalistis
09/08/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Cathulhu
Why not spend them on new items? You can't use them for anything else.

This is actually, in short, the reason that there is a cap. It's there to encourage you to spend your Blood Shards. It can be nice to save them up for a purpose, like gearing an alt, but without a cap, it can inadvertently encourage hoarding. We would like you to be regularly spending them. That's what they're there for, after all!

This is not encouraging. This is more like forcing us to lose the rolls over 100 items and then do it all over again. You can only encourage exploiting, botting and "philosophies" to screw with classes, while basic mechanics are still flawed...
09/08/2014 04:56 PMPosted by DarkxLord
I gave a few reasons above as to why the devs don't want you hoarding and the more I think about it, the loot table reason is by FAR the answer.

It is extremely abusable. Think about it.

Step one: accumulate shards

Step two: 2 people join a game, one at level 1, the other is the level 70 farmer.

Step three: runs level 1 rifts for hours on end, looking for one of many drops you are looking to get.

Step four: at a rift a minute you can quickly accumulate leg drops to find the leg your looking for

Step five: Post on chat that you have a leg ready to "Sell"

Step six: add the customer to the game where the leg was found and you have a very reasonable chance the customer will be able to roll for the leg.

Add bots to the equation running multiple rifts at once and you can nail every loot table. and customers can join the game with their thousands of shards and get the leg cuz its on the table.

Can't be the reason.

Blizzard never uses loot tables, you know..(sarcasm)
500 is waaaaaaay to low considering T5-T6 rifts give like 100+ each time...

If you are having a good run with a group you have stop and possibly leave(aka spend shards on alt) just to not hit the limit.

This is extremely counter productive to make everyone wait every few runs...
09/09/2014 08:42 AMPosted by slicktrick
No because you are not supposed to be changing characters. Guess what? Its called "Character Progression" In Diablo 3 it happens by finding progressively better items and then moving up in difficulty levels.

If you are intent on "farming" (rolls eyes) on your character so you can then scoot your other character up in line out of normal character progression then I believe I'm correct in assuming Blizzard (nor I) will have any sympathy for you.

You just aren't going to get it, are you?

Stop and think. Most people here ONLY want the limit raised because it's a pain in the !@# to have it so low. Not because we want to game the system, exploit or take some other advantage. It's just a pain in the !@# to have it at 500
09/09/2014 08:47 AMPosted by wrath

If you are having a good run with a group you have stop and possibly leave(aka spend shards on alt) just to not hit the limit.

Do you not speak English??? I really think this is something of an Eastern mindset, i.e. not understanding that you ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FARMING FOR ALTS.

YOU CAN DO THIS.. but Blizzard has stated that the preferred mode of play is playing the actual character and progressing through the difficulty levels and finding your own crap.

Do you really think they are going to lower the game to accommodate your "farming"?

YOU Farm.. other people Play the game.. they develop each character because its fun to play through each class and experience it. Blizzard does not embrace farming or even recognize it as a legitimate mindset.

EDIT>.. I quoted the wrong guy... meant to quote the one below him telling me "I" just don't get it.
09/09/2014 06:40 AMPosted by Azodeus
09/09/2014 06:21 AMPosted by RarA
Cap on shards is ridiculous. The REAL truth is, Blizzard does not want us stacking shards that can help us gear a newly lvl 70 toon because they want us to play more at the mercy of their beloved RNG god.

I can feel the urge to just /delete this game and never look at another bliz game lingering over me...

This is probably not true. Kadala does not give that many legendaries that you can just gear up an alt. I have spent 2k plus shards just looking for one item.

Its quicker to farm T6 with friends who play other classes to gear up alts and more fun.

Also there is zero difference between spending 500 shard 1000 times, or 500000 shards 1 time. In fact Blizzard is probably saving you from carpal tunnel -- make sure to thank them.

Unrelated, you should probably delete the game RarA because nothing will make you happy.
09/09/2014 08:52 AMPosted by slicktrick
09/09/2014 08:47 AMPosted by wrath

Do you not speak English??? I really think this is something of an Eastern mindset, i.e. not understanding that you ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FARMING FOR ALTS.

YOU CAN DO THIS.. but Blizzard has stated that the preferred mode of play is playing the actual character and progressing through the difficulty levels and finding your own crap.

Do you really think they are going to lower the game to accommodate your "farming"?

YOU Farm.. other people Play the game.. they develop each character because its fun to play through each class and experience it. Blizzard does not embrace farming or even recognize it as a legitimate mindset.

So using your logic, blood shards should absolutely never be spent - they shouldn't even exist.

You're so bright.
09/09/2014 08:49 AMPosted by BurningRope
09/09/2014 08:42 AMPosted by slicktrick

Stop and think. Most people here ONLY want the limit raised because it's a pain in the !@# to have it so low. Not because we want to game the system, exploit or take some other advantage. It's just a pain in the !@# to have it at 500

Because its NOT a pain in the !@#. Spending shards on the character your using only takes about 40 seconds. Its 4-5 trips back and forth from Kadala to the grinder. Its a pain in the neck when you want to spend them on your alt, but lo and behold you shouldn't be spending em on an alt. You can do this, but Blizzard doesn't encourage or endorse it. So why would you ask them to change something that would accommodate something they don't endorse?
I wonder what it's like to take on the Blizzard philosophy and never look back. To just do as you're told, over and over again. Don't play the way you want to play and enjoy yourself. Play the Blizzard way or else.

"It's their game! You play it the way they want you to or you're a big dummy head!"

I'm assuming their cake at the dark side of compliance is rather tasty.

http://i.imgur.com/rDV6Krp.jpg
Terrible blues response. This isn't WoW this is diablo, we don't need/want to play it "your" way.
09/08/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Nevalistis
09/08/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Cathulhu
Why not spend them on new items? You can't use them for anything else.

This is actually, in short, the reason that there is a cap. It's there to encourage you to spend your Blood Shards. It can be nice to save them up for a purpose, like gearing an alt, but without a cap, it can inadvertently encourage hoarding. We would like you to be regularly spending them. That's what they're there for, after all!

Seriously? That is stupid! If people want to horde let them horde! It is really annoying when you are in a fast rifting party to constantly have to stop switch to an alt and gamble and then switch back and then start rifting again. In that time my party has usually cleared an entire rift!

At least bump the cap up to 2k or so, that way it takes a while to hit the cap and by that time everyone in the party is ready to take a 10 min break.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because its NOT a pain in the !@#. Spending shards on the character your using only takes about 40 seconds. Its 4-5 trips back and forth from Kadala to the grinder. Its a pain in the neck when you want to spend them on your alt, but lo and behold you shouldn't be spending em on an alt. You can do this, but Blizzard doesn't encourage or endorse it. So why would you ask them to change something that would accommodate something they don't endorse?

You STILL don't get it. Nevermind the dozens of people so far saying it is, in fact, a pain in the !@#. Oh no, ignore that because you, the one guy, says it ain't. You selfish or what?

4-player games. T6. Moving fast.

BUT....no....we have at least 1 guy stopping to "spend" his shards between every run. Just raising the limit tio 1k alleviates a LOT of standing around and waiting.

Not to mention, if you're in a full party and you forget to spend and hit your limit, the extra shards fall on the ground INSIDE THE Grift!!!!

That means, if someone else hits the "close" than you have exactly 30 seconds to get back to town, spend a few and then hurry to jump back in tho retrieve your remaining shards.

Again, raising the limit helps.

I'll also add; When they originally set this limit, it took WAY longer to get max 500 shards. Now, players are maxing out in 4 or 5 runs.
09/09/2014 04:58 AMPosted by kozikuru
The cap allows blizzard to make creative changes in the future without having to worry about players having millions of shards lying around.

Using a simple example: say new content is introduced that uses the shards as a currency and you need 10,000 to make a purchase. That content is immediately trivialized if there wasn't a limit on how many you can store before the change goes live. Again that's a meaningless example just to illustrate the point.

It's not that hard to make it so you can't use the old currency in the new content.
09/09/2014 08:26 AMPosted by BurningRope
It's really disappointing to see, yet again, the community fighting like hell over what should be a consensus request to at least raise the limit by some nominal amount.

Can we not stick together on something so simple?

No, because there are three groups of people that oppose every levelheaded change that someone suggests.

Group A) Blizzard can do no wrong, therefore whatever they have instituted is great. Therefore we need no changes.
Group B) Every change will lead to exploits, bots and mass chaos, therefore we can't have any changes
Group C) I just dislike any change, get off my lawn. I don't want any changes.
I also get very frustrated when I need to bug out of a game to spend shards on a different character.

The potential answer here is a selection Pull-Down menu of character types from Kadala. That way a Monk could request DH gear (or even follower gear).

In the lower levels, 500 shards takes an inordinate amount of time to accumulate. Maybe the better option is to increase the shard limit as the paragon levels increase. 500 limit up to the first Paragon level, then jumping in 500 increments with each 100 paragon levels to a maximum of 2,500.
09/09/2014 07:31 AMPosted by WillC
09/08/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Ragulab
Why does it exist?

Just remove it...

Bots would have a field day with them. Der

Tell us more about how a program that is automatically gaining and spending shards would change if the program could first gather a few more shards.

09/09/2014 09:10 AMPosted by Lane
09/09/2014 04:58 AMPosted by kozikuru
The cap allows blizzard to make creative changes in the future without having to worry about players having millions of shards lying around.

Using a simple example: say new content is introduced that uses the shards as a currency and you need 10,000 to make a purchase. That content is immediately trivialized if there wasn't a limit on how many you can store before the change goes live. Again that's a meaningless example just to illustrate the point.

It's not that hard to make it so you can't use the old currency in the new content.

Yea seriously. They already figured this out with enchanting so... the point made is beyond worthless :)
After hearing Kadala say, "I've seen better" two-hundred and fifty times, I'm glad there's a blood shard limit of five-hundred. Besides, I'm sick of having to leave in the middle of gambling just to run to either the blacksmith or merchant to salvage/sell my useless stuff. If I was aloud to hoard thousands of blood shards, then I'd have to spend all day running between Kadala and a merchant.
09/09/2014 08:55 AMPosted by slicktrick
09/09/2014 08:49 AMPosted by BurningRope

What makes you think you shouldn't spend shards on alts? If that was the case then each character would have their own stash of shards, not a shared stash. Do you also believe that the bank should only be used for a main character and that Blizz doesn't endorse saving gear for alts in it?