Level 70(P147) Wizard gone!

Console Discussion
09/09/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
09/09/2014 01:01 PMPosted by CampHarder
I set my controller on the floor and went upstairs. Came back down and my 3 year old had it. Firebird's, Vyr, hellfire, woh, all gone now.

Ouch. :(

Is this your kiddo's first player kill?

My three year old's first, yes. My seven year old, however, has quite a few under his belt.

09/09/2014 03:52 PMPosted by BeerManMike
When the game was first out I excitedly leveled my DH to 60, took a while and had some decent gear, was proud. One day I was playing and left the PC on the character select screen. My, then 4? year old, son decided to delete and create some character while I was out back for a smoke. When I got back I freaked out, undeleted a lvl 1 barbarian and realized she was gone forever.

I couldn't help but smile, turn off the PC and play cars with him.. he just wanted to play the game daddy was playing after all.

Exactly! I couldn't get mad at him, he's only emulating what he see's. I'll have my friends power level me back up and just grind out the gear, again.
Like BeerManMike said " wanted to play with Dad". An as saying goes "been there done that" jus not HC character.
Whatever you guys do, I would advise not creating a closed-off environment for your gaming away from your family.

My dad did that when we got our first pc in the 80's. It angered my mom and made homelife hellish.

Take this advice and it will save you divorce costs. Trust me.
09/09/2014 05:56 PMPosted by ArcticShadow
Whatever you guys do, I would advise not creating a closed-off environment for your gaming away from your family.

My dad did that when we got our first pc in the 80's. It angered my mom and made homelife hellish.

Take this advice and it will save you divorce costs. Trust me.

Yeah, FFXI almost led to a divorce. I play ps4 with my kids on their free time, after school and sports. I don't hardcore game until after they're in bed.
as mentioned it's wise to _always_ take the precaution of backing up your game save to usb stick or similar.
not sure what platform you are playing on, but if you have PS+ then your saves ought to also be being uploaded to the cloud automatically each day, so there's a chance you can locate them and transfer it back.

if not then yes you've lost your gear, but the paragon levels should still be intact.
Hey if you are ps+ member you can do a back up save every now and then. Its not 100% safe i guess but chances are slim that your little one manages to reach your saved stuff in the cloud... Otherwise he might have a talent to reach that stuff :)
09/09/2014 01:01 PMPosted by CampHarder
I set my controller on the floor and went upstairs. Came back down and my 3 year old had it.

I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't your 3 year old. It was you. Not you you, but a you from the future. Your future self travelled back in time to destroy your Wizard because of what your wizard would become. You'll now be starting fresh, and The Incident will never occur because now you're too busy grinding your way back to relevance as a wizard. Anyway, after the deed was done, you cleverly placed the controller in the hands of your 3 year old before warping back to your own time.
When my son was 3, he was able to turn the TV on, put it on AV 1, turned the Xbox on and inserted my Morrowind game. Since he couldn't read he just hit all the options till a game loaded. Somehow he loaded up a save, and then later he saved over a 250 hour game, the furthest I ever gotten on Morrowind.

I couldn't even be mad? Why? Because he was so happy playing Daddy's game and so proud he got it to play all by himself.

These little bugger (I kid :P) are so smart they know what they are doing. Just a few days after that, I was on my PC and ready to turn it off. My son yelled "Daddy don't, I want to shut it off!" I said smuggly "yeah right, go ahead."

So what does this little monkey do? He hit the start menu, then went to Power, and then hit shut down. I was amazed. Then I realized, yes he doesn't know how to read but they can count by going up up down, or down down, down 3 times.

So after that I told him when he is going to play Morrowind, do not go to Options which would be Down. and don't go down down which would be save. Only go Down down down which is Load.

So be careful they always want to play Daddy's game.
well i have TWO little girls which can get kinda rowdy, i have 27 inch HDTV as a monitor and i just left it as is when i went to bed, so one morning i woke up and went to the living room was gonna play my game. To my suprise what do i find, my HDTV sitting flat on the floor... i asked my wife "what happened to the TV? " she responds "i dont know, i wasn't paying attention" SMH , it seemed fine so i put it up on the stand i had it on and played as normal.

So a few days later i hear some ruckus out in the living room and go out and see whats going on, the HDTV sitting flat on the floor AGAIN lol. thinking its ok like last time i put it up and and turn it on, but this time its got 2 lines going down the middle of the screen making it very annoying to play or even watch a movie. So im like i cant use this much long like this, i buy another HDTV and it comes in the mail and i set it up and a few days later its FLAT ON THE FLOOR , HOPING its fine i put it back up and turn it on and its got streaks going across the entire screen , not even watchable anymore so im forced to go back to my old one with the 2 lines down the middle for like 3 months, then we got the one i have now and EVERY night i put it DOWN on the floor so it cant drop and get ruined.

Before all this happened we got a TV for the kids to watch shows on and stupidly we put it within their reach , BAD MOVE... before we knew it that TV was trash and smashed, so we bought ANOTHER and put it up on a dresser REALLY far out of their reach , NO WAY they could ruin that one.

Moral of this story is NEVER EVER leave anything valuable down where kids, pets or anything with a mind of its/ their own can reach it, this include computers, consoles, controllers, mouse, keyboards, ALL TV's either out of reach or on the floor in a SAFE place.

We have learned many lessons having these 2 little wrecking balls around ... lol
09/09/2014 04:21 PMPosted by Rhannmah
09/09/2014 03:52 PMPosted by BeerManMike
When the game was first out I excitedly leveled my DH to 60, took a while and had some decent gear, was proud. One day I was playing and left the PC on the character select screen. My, then 4? year old, son decided to delete and create some character while I was out back for a smoke. When I got back I freaked out, undeleted a lvl 1 barbarian and realized she was gone forever.

I couldn't help but smile, turn off the PC and play cars with him.. he just wanted to play the game daddy was playing after all.

What a great dad.

HAHA, thanks I try. My newest son, just turned one, came in yesterday and held my power button down until my PC turned off when I was in the middle of a greater rift, I left it off and went to the living room and played with him. I do get why people get frustrated and such, but if you act out, tell your gets to go away and stuff then that's pretty bad.