Focused Feedback: Any Gem Used to re-enchant @ mystic

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Please add a reply if you agree, don't just read so topic can stay on front page

And 7 topaz.

Since you, Blizzard, do not like people hoarding(reason for bloodshard cap)
Please enable any gem to be able to re-enchant ring and amulets at the mystic.

Many of us are getting the bad end of RNG with our stat/ChD/CC/socket amulets.
Completely agree.
Allow a gem to reroll a statistic? that doesnt even make sense. You need to better explain yourself if you're going to make a thread.
+1 with OP. Great idea.
09/09/2014 06:00 AMPosted by Krazymagic
Allow a gem to reroll a statistic? that doesnt even make sense. You need to better explain yourself if you're going to make a thread.

please re-read. Sorry for confusion.
bump
This makes too much sense, therefor blizz wont do it.
Or just remove the gem requirement entirely.

Adjust the enchanting cost accordingly and just leave gems out of it.

And if they must use gems, please lower the cost to 1 Imperial gem instead needing to craft higher gems and then go enchant.

Crafting gems is boring and slow which makes the whole process cumbersome and annoying.
You need 18 basic gems to reroll once. And it's always the same type of gem.... It takes time to craft the higher quality gem and then you may not even get anything good in the reroll. This is just annoying. Please let us use the basic gems directly and craft topaz gems using other types of gems (even with a 3:1 ratio it would still be better than what we have now).
There is already a huge grind to get gear needed to get into the top 20 world wide on leaderboards.
From a solo demonhunter perspective:

Tasker & Theo
5 Piece maruader with Dex and Vit rolls + Sockets + sentry Dmg chest/shoulder
AR rolled on legs and boots
RoRg (w/ socket)
2 x unity (1 with socket)
Immunity amulet for follower
Stat/CHD/CC/Socket amulet or Fire%/CHD/CC
Rucksack Quiver
Etrayu or Xbow over 1440 dmg, with Dex and Vit(or % dmg)
Gift to add socket on weapon (I still haven't found on of these and I'm paragon 285)
Bracers with CC, Dex, Vit(or AR), and Ele% Cold or Fire

and if you play HC, like myself, you could die and have to do it all over ^^

so on-top of all of that, they require us to farm for ONE specific type of gem to re-enchant a ring/amulet... just ridiculous.
bump
hmmm.. i figured there would be a huge following for this..
09/09/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Michael

There is - it is just that people are really participating in all the other threads related to the other issues of neglect with this patch at the moment.
09/09/2014 05:55 AMPosted by Michael
Hello,
I have 300+ rubies, emeralds, diamonds, amethyst,

And 7 topaz.

Since you, Blizzard, do not like people hoarding(reason for bloodshard cap)
Please enable any gem to be able to re-enchant ring and amulets at the mystic.

Many of us are getting the bad end of RNG with our stat/ChD/CC/socket amulets.

srsly, I hate that nearly all of my rings require topaz to roll and I predominately play int classes so it just eats up the gems i could be using to upgrade my gear. maybe make it so if your an int class your jewelery requires rubies to roll and vice versa that way you would be using your least used gems (for that class) with which to roll thus allowing you to save all your main stat gems for gear rather than another roll of 4523 regen O.o
09/09/2014 10:30 AMPosted by DtwoJade
09/09/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Michael

There is - it is just that people are really participating in all the other threads related to the other issues of neglect with this patch at the moment.

i see
100% support this. I am currently in the position of having exhausted my entire supply of Topaz's (even though I am a Barb) trying to re-roll a socket on my RoRG with terrible luck.

Remove the gem cost or as suggested above, just allow any gem type to be used to re-roll. I really don't see the logic behind certain gem types being required for certain rings/amulets, dumb and pointless idea in my opinion.
Just put ANY Flawless Imperial and we're good to go. I've rerolled my Unity around 30-40 times already and didn't get any CHD higher than 36%, fml.
09/09/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Carnage
Just put ANY Flawless Imperial and we're good to go. I've rerolled my Unity around 30-40 times already and didn't get any CHD higher than 36%, fml.

i've rerolled my ourboros around the same and can't get any amount of CHD

just tired of being out of topaz's only...
Need RORG for end game rifting
Need Unity for end game rifting
and need amulet with socket for end game rifting

all three usually requir topaz and rorg and unity are always topaz.. just ridiculous.
09/09/2014 11:03 AMPosted by Triggz
100% support this. I am currently in the position of having exhausted my entire supply of Topaz's (even though I am a Barb) trying to re-roll a socket on my RoRG with terrible luck.

Remove the gem cost or as suggested above, just allow any gem type to be used to re-roll. I really don't see the logic behind certain gem types being required for certain rings/amulets, dumb and pointless idea in my opinion.

im surprised blizz hasnt done this yet
It's not all topaz.