impale over companion

Demon Hunter
wondering why more people don't pick impale for their cookie cutter marauder builds since it adds alot of different choices.

currently my sentries are firing impale and knocking back/stunning elites which proc strongarms(i hope) for extra damage, or you can choose the cold damage that penetrates or fire damage for harder hitting.

you lose pets of course but I think it's a dps gain.
You lose....
Passive:
1 hatred/sec
5.3k life regen
20% AR
10% Move Speed

Active (every 30 sec, less with CDR)
80% AoE Slow 5s duration
50 hatred
20 yard AoE Taunt
Insta health globe pickup
30% Dmg 10s duration

It's definitely worth a try but it's hard to give up a lot of what I mentioned above. Slow + Taunt gets you out of very sticky situations.
As far as DPS gain... your sentries only shoot a certain amount of shots per break point. Changing your skills does NOT change how many shots are fired, it only dictates what skill those shots are firing.
So if you add Impale to your CA/MS/EA, you may lose some MS and EA and replace them with Impale. It actually may be a damage decrease since MS Rockets + Ballistic deal so much damage. Unfortunately there are no charts for 4 spender so I don't know what is replaced by the impale shots.

Edit: An no, your pets do not proc strongarms. However if you shoot impale then you will proc it.

AND I actually skipped one of the biggest factors you want your pets... you need tanks!! You need those distractions so baddies don't go after you :)
Seems like a worthless trade to me "shruggs".
I would dump cluster arrow for impale since it fires so infrequently anyway. Impale is great with the 4.15 breakpoint mostly.
I'll make sure to keep cluster arrow out of my skillbuild, ty.
09/11/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Vladi
I'll make sure to keep cluster arrow out of my skillbuild, ty.

Hehe...what do you know about it...?

Steve Austin
09/11/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Harwinne
I would dump cluster arrow for impale since it fires so infrequently anyway. Impale is great with the 4.15 breakpoint mostly.

Hehe...that amulet just dropped like that...very lucky...!

Steve Austin