Does the bane of the trapped gem...

Monk
Bane of the Trapped

Increase damage against enemies under control-impairing effects by 20%.
Upgrade rank grants: +0.5% damage.
Rank 50 unlocks:
Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30%.

Does the reduces movement speed counts as a control impairing effect?
In other words does the gem proc itself at melee range?
Thank you in advance for your reply
I'd like to know also. Slow should be considered a snare.

Unless gem just works on immobilized mobs (stun, freeze, blind)
09/05/2014 08:33 AMPosted by d2JUNKIE

The secondary effect of Bane of the Trapped does trigger the primary effect. So, all enemies within 15 yards automatically suffer 30% movement reduction once the gem is level 25+, and receive increased damage, too. It's generally a pretty sweet gem for most melee characters.
09/05/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Grimiku

The secondary effect of Bane of the Trapped does trigger the primary effect. So, all enemies within 15 yards automatically suffer 30% movement reduction once the gem is level 25+, and receive increased damage, too. It's generally a pretty sweet gem for most melee characters.

Thanks for the quick reply! That is interesting.

Except monk since it doesn't effect proc damage (clones).

Derp.
haha, since monks are proc tool, its useless for monks.
Does this work with the Mantra of conviction, disheartening? The one that slows enemy units by 80%
BamBam, I have tested and I don't think so....but seems to on the Retaliation Rune that can stun.

Grim, it's pretty clear by your post that you don't know about he Bane of Trapped bug (neither did I until after leveling it ><) ...

BoT does not currently effect item procs which makes it nearly 100% useless for monks!

I have told Neva this already but getting two people on it wouldn't hurt!

Can you toss this info to the appropriate dev please!!! <3

Note: I tested with a min=max setup so there is no margin of error.
Could there be a cool build around this, with CS:WoW and SW, LTK: SS, maybe FoT: Wind Blast?
It looks like you already did testing. No need for overkill, I am sure you didn't miss any bugs yourself...

09/03/2014 09:02 PMPosted by Heisenberg
Trapped is working fine.
Can you toss this info to the appropriate dev please!!! <3

This has already been done! :) There's an investigation pending on Bane of the Trapped and its interaction with item procs, but we don't currently have an ETA for a resolution just yet. Definitely a bug, though!
09/05/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Nevalistis
This has already been done! :) There's an investigation pending on Bane of the Trapped and its interaction with Monk set bonus procs, but we don't currently have an ETA for a resolution just yet. Definitely a bug, though!

Thank you. Will the team also be looking into it's interaction between other procs, like weapon procs since that is still a heavy part of monks damage.
09/05/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Blackglitch
Thank you. Will the team also be looking into it's interaction between other procs, like weapon procs since that is still a heavy part of monks damage.

Yep. It's actually for all procs. That was a mistype on my part. I'll adjust my earlier post. ;)
Awesome! Thanks for the good blue news!
Thank you very much everyone and specially to Druin.
I have been using the gem today and did not see a measurable difference in killing times, now I know why lol.
09/05/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Yep. It's actually for all procs. That was a mistype on my part. I'll adjust my earlier post. ;)

Thank you very much for the good news. I know this is request upon request but if/when this fix comes through will we be able to receive a notification?
09/05/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Blackglitch
I know this is request upon request but if/when this fix comes through will we be able to receive a notification?
Like the notifications listed here?:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811
09/05/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Sÿlak
09/05/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Blackglitch
I know this is request upon request but if/when this fix comes through will we be able to receive a notification?
Like the notifications listed here?:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811

exactly