Does the bane of the trapped gem...

Monk
Wait did I just read that right? Bane of the Trapped rank 25 effect counts as a control-impairing effect and procs the dmg increase from the gem within 15 yards? Which means I could use it on my sg sader and I would get the increase dmg against enemies within 15 yards if my gem is rank 25+?
Slow is a movement impairing effect. Where is the confusion here?
does this gem procs with cold earthquake/freeze?
I love this gem. but I'm a little confused why it would allow the rank +25 slow to proc main stat, yet it does not appear to proc with MoC:dishearten.
Seems like an obvious question but does bane also work on chilled enemies? Specifically chilled off haunt spell. I think yes but I want to be sure before I start leveling it up.
Another question, does it also mean PETs receive the benefits of this gem. Meaning enemies within the 15yrd radius take the additional damage from your pets, or only the one wearing the gem directly will benefit, thanks.
09/06/2014 04:54 AMPosted by Smotezilla
Seems like an obvious question but does bane also work on chilled enemies? Specifically chilled off haunt spell. I think yes but I want to be sure before I start leveling it up.

Yes. Chills are what Frost/Fire M6 DHs use to trigger its effect (and tests have been done to check that our chills do indeed work, they do). If the spell specifies that it chills enemies, it should work.

There are some bugs with it, as mentioned earlier in the thread by both players and devs. So if you catch something that should work, but isn't (though not all cold abilities chill, so that's important to keep in mind, too), it's a good idea to bring it up :)
Does it stacks with cull the weak passive? 20% from CTW and 27% from BoT level 40. So mathematically 47% increase damage? yes or no?
I have been playing a monk - focusing on Cold skills where possible - using Fists of Thunder (Wind Blast) and Sweeping Wind (Master of Wind) - and I also have Bane of the Trapped in my ring - (only rank 3)

I noticed a difference in damage from the moment I started using it (as all enemies in melee range were movement impaired and taking additional damage)

Have I been missing something where its not actually working?

I was actually wondering if when an enemy is chilled, whether that counts as a Stun for Haunt of Vaxo to proc?
09/06/2014 11:59 PMPosted by Angelus
I have been playing a monk - focusing on Cold skills where possible - using Fists of Thunder (Wind Blast) and Sweeping Wind (Master of Wind) - and I also have Bane of the Trapped in my ring - (only rank 3)

I noticed a difference in damage from the moment I started using it (as all enemies in melee range were movement impaired and taking additional damage)

Have I been missing something where its not actually working?

I was actually wondering if when an enemy is chilled, whether that counts as a Stun for Haunt of Vaxo to proc?

No. Stuns and chills/frozen are separate effects.
seems this gem was made for pestilence.
09/07/2014 05:44 AMPosted by BoPop
seems this gem was made for pestilence.

This is what I've been wondering with a Hwoj Wrap with Creeping Death ...=D
does the increase dmg is only for yourself or also for your team/party members?
I've read it as a debuff on the mob ie good for party work.
if its all procs it means bane of trapped not working on procs from other gems too (miranea/wreath/pain etc)?
Are there any updates regarding bane of the trapped and monk ? Are we expecting a hotfix or will it be fixed in a later patch ?
09/05/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Blackglitch
Thank you very much for the good news. I know this is request upon request but if/when this fix comes through will we be able to receive a notification?

It looks like this particular fix will require a patch. I have no ETA to provide at this time, but this is not something we can currently address via a hotfix.

We try to make sure these kinds of updates make it into our patch notes, so do keep an eye out for it there in the future!
09/08/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Nevalistis
It looks like this particular fix will require a patch. I have no ETA to provide at this time, but this is not something we can currently address via a hotfix.

We try to make sure these kinds of updates make it into our patch notes, so do keep an eye out for it there in the future!

Thank you for the update.
This may have been addressed somewhere else but I was curious of the 15m radius for the secondary is increased with gold pick up radius? I know some mechanics/skills are increased in radius with gold pick up radius and wondered if this was too. It doesnt seem that it is, but curious if anyone has actually tested it.

Interesting that the secondary procs the primary on this gem. It seems that is intended and wont be changed. Nice

ALSO- is that damage increase from ALL SOURCES? in other words, if a tank wears this gem, will it increase damage for the Ranged characters well behind him?
09/07/2014 07:40 PMPosted by Redhatchet
I've read it as a debuff on the mob ie good for party work.

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it would stack if multiple players were using Bane of the Trapped.