Witching Hour, How many shards??

Demon Hunter
This is literally one of my last legendaries for my Cold-Rocket DH. I'm upto at least 1,000 shards on belts alone since 2.1 came out.

How many is average for this beast of a belt everyone says I should find?
Didn't spend that many shards, but one did finally drop after 400 para levels.
09/09/2014 10:08 PMPosted by AOHNH
Didn't spend that many shards, but one did finally drop after 400 para levels.

I haven't even broken 300!!! D=
~20k shards.

Holy crap though, the rolls were crazy...

Worth the 5 weeks it took to farm bloodshards/gamble for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JMP-1933/hero/37052278
I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but 1k shards? I'm up to approximately 20k shards and I'm still trying for a better one. I'ts a .90% drop item. I believe it's the 3rd rarest item in the game. If you get it under 30k shards you should feel lucky.

I've had 3 witching hours. 2 from kadala within the first 3 days of ROS hitting. Back then everything dropped like candy. I also got a drop from a champion pack on the same day. Since then, I haven't seen one drop. Not in a party or single player game. It eludes me to this day.
the chance of getting a WH is 1% of the legendary belts you get.

If we assume you get 1 legendary belt/500 bloodshards, you will need an AVERAGE of 50k bloodshards. But it might as well don't drop until you have spent 100k or 200k bloodshards.

Statistically it would be hard not get 1 WH in 200k bloodshards, but it's quite possible to spent over 100k and don't see one.
09/09/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Astynax
I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but 1k shards? I'm up to approximately 20k shards and I'm still trying for a better one. I'ts a .90% drop item. I believe it's the 3rd rarest item in the game. If you get it under 30k shards you should feel lucky.

I've had 3 witching hours. 2 from kadala within the first 3 days of ROS hitting. Back then everything dropped like candy. I also got a drop from a champion pack on the same day. Since then, I haven't seen one drop. Not in a party or single player game. It eludes me to this day.

Yeah drop rates are amazing after new patches, god knows why.
Ive gotten 2 in the last 2 days ... gave one to my mate :)
09/09/2014 09:47 PMPosted by CoolSam
This is literally one of my last legendaries for my Cold-Rocket DH. I'm upto at least 1,000 shards on belts alone since 2.1 came out.

How many is average for this beast of a belt everyone says I should find?

Hello.

I can tell you I've spent 225 hours in Reaper of Souls with my level 70 DH until 1 such belt dropped just 2 days ago.

Watch the celebration (and stats re-roll) here: http://www.twitch.tv/alderaanstreams/c/5086124

As noted on the video: "Too bad for Twitch's archive muting policy, could have heard me doing the Happy Dance song" ☺

Back on the subject of Shards and rare drops:
  • Tasker and Theo Gloves: I must have spent well over 7,000 shards (which is nothing compared to the horror stories I read here) in search of them and haven't found one (nor have they dropped) yet.
  • Frostburn Gloves: Two of these dropped... go figure.
  • My equipped Kridershot: Dropped on the second ever rift I did as a level 70 Demon Hunter.. again, go figure...
  • Chanon Bolter Xbows: Two of these dropped no more than 50 hours into my level 70 Demon Hunter..

Totally random and sometimes frustrating..

Check this table for suggested RoS v2.1 item drop rareness:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16HCfzoijS_Xpzdrtg-C03b7oY97lb15XP5yztWNzH6Y/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Regards,
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlderaaN-2765/hero/42146268
I've spent 75k Blood Shards so far, not a single WH.
I've spent ~40k on glove to get my TnT and about 25k on belt before getting an awfull WH (the on I got now dropped last week). 1000 shard is like 10-15 Rift, give it some times
Personally I prefer hellcat waistguards over wh. Simply beause of the tiered ias numbers.
Got my WH on my Season 1 DH within the first week. Rolled awesome too, haven't even touched it for a reroll yet. Go figure...

ps: it dropped from a barrel. Yup.
I've used about 12k shards for it but now im sooo happy ! :)

Now i have very good gear.
I'am sure I hold the record on gambling for WH.

It took me 5 shards. Not 5k, just 5. First click on Kadala belt ever and I got my meh Witching Hour that I can't use because I lack toughness.

Now you will think that I'm am lucky... Ever since then, I've been gambling for some TnT. Countless shards... I must say that almost all the shards that I've got since ROS. And nothing there, Kadala is not even giving me leg gloves of any kind. I'm starting to believe that I broke my smart-loot with my WH.

Haven't seen a Unity ring (let aside 2), or a decent ammy yet. I don't even want to try high GR's without unity and TnT.

I guess is my mistake to think that I can come here, learn about the mechanics of a good DH... study APS tables, practice sentry positioning and stuff and get better because of that. This is a RNG based game. Luck is the main skill you need.
I've found only 2 unity rings (before patch i got plenty of them).
5k shards for Tasker
12k shards for Witching hour

And full marauder in 2 days :)
Now i miss good bow !
So if I'm reading that table right, for every legendary belt you find on your DH (from whatever source), it has something like a .9% chance to be a Witching Hour.

As for Tasker and Theo, something like 2% chance. However, there's not that many other gloves so you're almost always going to get a set glove or one of Gladiator's Gauntlets or St. Andrew Gage. With a few magefists in between.
Heh 1000 shards.

Like others have told you, it is one of the rarest belts.

Try for 10-20k shards and then you get to complain =D
1K Lol. 20K? If you're really lucky.

Let's be realistic here. Most of us have been gambling day-in day out on belt and gloves for eternity now. Try 50-75K maybe.
how do you guys know how much shards you have spent on a specific gear?

are you guys just giving a ball park estimate?

coz i sure hell dont remember how many shards i spent on gloves, helm, belt, boots etc...