Electrified with pets is completely broken

General Discussion
So after thinking it was actually a bug and reporting it because it was just so bad, I've come to the conclusion that the reason why Electrified gibs me through any cooldown, 12-14+ mil toughness, 50% dmg reduction and 1600+ lightning resist is because a friend of mine who runs WD pet builds is proccing it so much that there's just literally nothing I can do but leave and kill something else or stand back and watch helplessly. That's horrible design IMO. It makes it so I just can't run with him in the higher Grift levels. I'm afraid to see what it'll look like on 3 to 4 players. Was it always like this? Maybe I didn't notice it because I was only doing t3-t4 before 2.1. But I still feel like it was never anywhere near this bad.

I can't stress enough how absolutely broken it is for melee, especially charge barbs. There's quite literally nothing I can do besides somehow hope for a good roll on a lightning immunity necklace which I've never once seen anyways. I'm begging Blizz to take a look at this and either give some sort of internal CD to Electrified procs or make it so pets can't proc it. It's so out of control. Chains are bad but not even remotely close to this. Solo is NP btw.

http://i.imgur.com/Mbxd8OY.jpg

Just no time to react. Charge>dead instantly. Again, NP solo at all. It's a deadly ability but can be dealt with. But when I run with a friend and simply can't do anything about this 1 shot mechanic, I feel like it desperately needs to be looked at.
Yeah, only thing I could say is hope RNGesus drops you a lightning immunity amulet... :/
This must be a higher Torment thing. I've been playing T1-T3 with my softcore WD and Crusader and am having no problems with Electrified elites. Maybe they've put a ridiculously exponential scaling on damage up to the higher Torments.

EDIT: Although seeing as you were doing a rank 25 GR maybe that has something to do with it. :) Still, one type of damage probably shouldn't be standing out as greatly more effective than others. Unless your electrical resistance is low.
09/04/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Palathas
This must be a higher Torment thing. I've been playing T1-T3 with my softcore WD and Crusader and am having no problems with Electrified elites. Maybe they've put a ridiculously exponential scaling on damage up to the higher Torments.

It is, it gets even worse in greater rifts above ~25. Fire chains and electrified are near instagibs in certain situations.
Stand right behind the pet and punch the mob in the face? You should still be able to reach and the pet will soak the lightning.
yup it's torture in a party of 4, specially with sentries.
in these kinda situations you're just gonna have to stay back and let your team handle it.

electrified is f'ed up atm.
My monk friend trolls me and teleports to get me zapped. Needs a 0.1 gcd on the ability.
Electrified is just broken, with or without pets.

But yes, its nothing like playing barb in a group with 2 sentry DH, and having one electrfied pack after the other, T6 rifts or GR35+ doesnt matter, try to attack the elites and its going to end badly. I just started skipping it, and moving on to a new pack while they kill the electrfied.
So this is only applicable at like T5 T6 levels I am guessing? Because I roll in T3 and T4 with my classes with less Toughness/Resistance and neither Jailer nor Electrified give me any more trouble than usual (in fact only arcane enchanter really annoys me, but my arcane resist is usually always the lowest).

Could it be that Blizzard just did this to !@#$ with people in T6? lol
09/04/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Chessie
So this is only applicable at like T5 T6 levels I am guessing? Because I roll in T3 and T4 with my classes with less Toughness/Resistance and neither Jailer nor Electrified give me any more trouble than usual (in fact only arcane enchanter really annoys me, but my arcane resist is usually always the lowest).

Could it be that Blizzard just did this to !@#$ with people in T6? lol

No its not that Blizzard did anything. It's simply that people running high tiers of grifts have such high amounts of attack speed and combined with the substantial damage of any given affix at those levels that this problem is a lot more visible than before.

What I mean to say is that the problem always existed. It was just not noticeable until the high damage of grifts made it noticeable. Electrified needs a cap on how often it can proc plain and simple.
Lol I can't wait til my friend gets his Tasker and Theos : /

09/04/2014 05:43 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Stand right behind the pet and punch the mob in the face? You should still be able to reach and the pet will soak the lightning.

That's not really an option. Not only are pets and mobs constantly moving but pets are almost completely invisible now and I'm running a Raekor/WW build. And even if I wasn't...it's so bad. I've tried everything. If it can 1 shot me through 50% dmg reduction cd's where I have 20-25 mil toughness and 1600 lightning resist, etc. something needs to be changed. There's just nothing I can do. And when it spawns with fire chains and other stuff, lol, oh the fun.
electrocute - chain lightning + mykens ball of hate. you love wizards
Electrified is such a fun affix. Soooo fun to see a leapquake barb jump into electrified pack and lose 90% hp almost immediately.
09/04/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Snollygoster
Electrified is such a fun affix. Soooo fun to see a leapquake barb jump into electrified pack and lose 90% hp almost immediately.

:( charge is even worse, I just run in and instantly explode.
Op your friends build procs lightning like crazy its similar to my female wd.

imagine 8+15 fetishes firing darts with 2.0aps each procs electrified, When I use that build I feel bad for my melee clan mates.
Diablo III Arrival of IKARUGA
09/04/2014 06:28 PMPosted by tucci89

I've tried everything. If it can 1 shot me through 50% dmg reduction cd's where I have 20-25 mil toughness and 1600 lightning resist, etc. something needs to be changed. There's just nothing I can do. And when it spawns with fire chains and other stuff, lol, oh the fun.

You have not tried everything ;)
My monk: 300 Million toughness (using goldwrap waist + boon of the hoarder)
My Life dropped from 450k to 10k in 1.5 seconds !!!!
But no problem with 1billion toughness + 50% damage reduction cd.
I-be-trolling the melee classes with my lightning immunity amulet. Let there be turrets for days.
09/04/2014 09:02 PMPosted by michael
09/04/2014 06:28 PMPosted by tucci89

I've tried everything. If it can 1 shot me through 50% dmg reduction cd's where I have 20-25 mil toughness and 1600 lightning resist, etc. something needs to be changed. There's just nothing I can do. And when it spawns with fire chains and other stuff, lol, oh the fun.

You have not tried everything ;)
My monk: 300 Million toughness (using goldwrap waist + boon of the hoarder)
My Life dropped from 450k to 10k in 1.5 seconds !!!!
But no problem with 1billion toughness + 50% damage reduction cd.

Rofl, I did actually try the goldwrap, 2nd day of 2.1. It was nice but unfortunately doesn't work in Grfits anymore. :(

Can't wait to go pick up that ring from bounties that gives you 30 yds of gold pickup radius though =)

But seriously, this is such a ridiculously huge problem, I don't understand why it hasn't been hotfixed. I mean you can't play and progress with the people you want to play with if they're proccing the lightning nonstop.
There should be an internal cooldown on their lightning charges and it would solve the problem completely.