Pet constantly dying.

Witch Doctor
1 2 3 11 Next
Can we please get an answer about whether or not pet toughness is getting looked at... so I can decide if I want to keep playing my WD, or just roll the FotM class and get it over with?
Roll another class or play Jade. They aren't going to update anytime soon.
It is always good to be prepared.
We already have an answer and have had that answer for weeks now: pet toughness is being looked at. It is likely going to be some kind of force armor tweak though other options are being considered.
09/10/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Sdaciuk
We already have an answer and have had that answer for weeks now: pet toughness is being looked at. It is likely going to be some kind of force armor tweak though other options are being considered.

I'm sure you're correct, but the most I've heard on this (indirectly) were people referencing a couple sentences worth of dialogue in a Dev video. Has there been some other source that I'm missing? I apologize if I'm being ignorant on this. I was earnestly looking for evidence that there was going to be a buff to pet toughness but I wasn't able to find a direct source on the forums, and it's not as though blizzard has a video titled "Pet Buffs Incoming!"

I mean this towards Blizzard, not you- but that doesn't bode a whole lot of confidence for the time frame or the potency of this buff.
Not many play docs. Pets are on Blizz back burner. Same as dots, zombie wall, ect...

If a change comes, it won't be this year.
09/10/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Otsdarva
a couple sentences worth of dialogue in a Dev video

Yeah, what more do we need to go on? It's being looked at and may take awhile, as Scav said. It will likely only be a small buff anyway so don't count on it being something to just walk through greater rifts up to 50 (god, when pets do die on GR50 these threads are going to start all over again).

Fact is that witch doctors are clearing greater rifts quite successfully with pets already, pushing up to greater rift 33-34. What more do we really want except to complain about it? How strong do pets really need to be before you're all happy?

Greater rift 30 and up are supposed to be really hard, pets should die there sometimes and it should be hard.
Your best bet .

Keep farming T6 and stockpile trial keys .

After 3 or 4 months maybe even 6 they might fix pets .

By then you could have over 2000 trial keys .. ready to start farming grifts
09/10/2014 04:31 PMPosted by Scav
Not many play docs. Pets are on Blizz back burner. Same as dots, zombie wall, ect...

If a change comes, it won't be this year.

This is so dramatic I love it
Greater rift 30 and up are supposed to be really hard.

Look at the solo leaderboards. WDs are clearly in a bad place, no matter the build. I would venture to say that half (if not most) WDs play some version of a pet build... and their pet's ability to survive is clearly a problem.

pets should die there sometimes and it should be hard.

I'm not asking for pets to be invulnerable. I'm just asking for some sort of scaling, either to the difficulty or to the WD's toughness. It's pretty bad when 1 mob can do 1 attack and kill ALL 15 of your sycophants, and maybe a dog or 2 (if you aren't using TMF)... especially when you have no control on whether your pets move out of it or not.
reroll Dh
pet Sentry are unkillable
They said a while ago they were looking into buffing pet toughness outside of the Enforcer gem.
There's a blue post around here somewhere...
We can't really expect them to constantly tweak and change this ruined franchise. It was broken from the very start, they cared about huge sales numbers, they got them, they won't be spending any more resourses than minimum to be constantly fixing a game, that doesn't have pay to win mechanic or monthly payments.

Franchise really lost its trademark quality, we knew this game is going to be mediocre after D3V release, but we bought RoS anyway, so just relax and enjoy most of it.
09/10/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Sdaciuk
09/10/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Otsdarva
a couple sentences worth of dialogue in a Dev video

Yeah, what more do we need to go on? It's being looked at and may take awhile, as Scav said. It will likely only be a small buff anyway so don't count on it being something to just walk through greater rifts up to 50 (god, when pets do die on GR50 these threads are going to start all over again).

Fact is that witch doctors are clearing greater rifts quite successfully with pets already, pushing up to greater rift 33-34. What more do we really want except to complain about it? How strong do pets really need to be before you're all happy?

Greater rift 30 and up are supposed to be really hard, pets should die there sometimes and it should be hard.

Admittedly it's late, so perhaps I'm reading this in a more condescending tone than you intended. If so I apologize.

I think you might have a different definition for the word successful than I do. You mentioned rift level 33-34. I would consider that a pretty pathetic ceiling for an extremely well geared character.

What I want, is there to not be a 5-8 level difference in the greater rift level between pets and jade harvester witch doctors.

I'm not asking for unkillable pets. What I'm asking for is to have maintaining pets feel more like a slightly uphill battle rather than like scaling a canyon wall. I should not lose most of my fetish sycophants/army because there was a single non-elite mallet lord in the rift. That is not acceptable.

I honestly don't think that is unreasonable.
Yeah, I don't know what to do about it. My WD can get up to 10-12 mil toughness and enough damage to hack down elite packs but one mallet lord/exarch/death maiden ruins the fun. Nothing like walking into a rift and having your army mowed down in one second with all skills on cooldown. Here's hoping to finding a SMK...
Honestly SMK doesnt keep the mallet lord from one shotting my fetish army and my big dog on rift 31. Pets are in deplorable place, Force armor feels nonexistant.
Every class at the moment only have 1 viable spec in higher GRifts. Sader perhaps have 2, maybe.

Our's is Jade.
I'll enjoy my DH and wait for them to buff pets for my pet doc before I ever start running that Jade cookie-cutter build.
<3 my pet WD. I´ll continue to play with him till we get some buffs.
09/11/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Thorgrim
I'll enjoy my DH and wait for them to buff pets for my pet doc before I ever start running that Jade cookie-cutter build.

Even the highest end jade docs cant touch the other classes.

Like I said. Look at the solo leaderboards, it's VERY apparent that WDs are in a bad state over all. Pet docs more-so