Please hotfix(!) Ramaladi's Gift

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
This is interesting, because it may be inconsistent. Two of my friends got one three days into the patch and neither of them had an issue with it as has been described, one even having gotten it twice now. I play with my sound off and have been putting in plenty of playing time since the patch, but as of yet have not found my own. I'm hoping they at least take a look into this and see if there really isn't something going on for folks. Got a few items I'd love to use that thing on myself.
I play with my sound turned way down as well. I could be at a big disadvantage.
+1 my rama experience was similar to this. I actually found it on the ground by mousing over a pile and seeing the orange text.
09/08/2014 08:21 AMPosted by IALWAYSLOSE
Has anyone got one on a DH? I found 2 on my wiz with only 20 t6 rifts but found none over 300++ t6 rifts on my DH.

Both of the ones that I found were with my DH.
09/08/2014 03:07 AMPosted by Apoq
"suspicious" incidents of hearing the legendary drop
There is a sound effect in the game that sounds very similar to a legendary item drop. I have heard this many times in many different areas. i don't think it is a trick of any kind just a sound effect that sounds like the legendary item drop sound.
oddly enough I had the same thing happen upon the release of 2.1. Saw a beam, heard the ping for a split second then disappeared. I did not see a name nor is there a star on map. I thought it was a party member trolling me, but it kinda pains me to think that I could have missed a Ramaladni's gift as I have not seen one yet in about 40 hours of season play.
hmm that's weird, i've heard a legendary drop a couple of times, couldn't find it...
be so pissed if it actually was Rama :\
Yeah, it is bugged and i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who had this issue.

I have only gotten it 1 time and it dropped from Greed. Sound and beam of light, but no text. It was really weird.
Same exact thing (no text on the ground, but made a legendary sound and had a beam for a short time before it hit the ground)

Good news is, i didn't miss any (i think) as i have picked up 4 so far
Bad news is, i can never turn the volume off or play music/tv in the background again = can't help falling asleep while grinding
And it is kinda sad to know that this could be hotfixed within an hour of work but Blizzard obviously doesn't feel like it :(

This actually isn't something that can be hotfixed, as it requires a fix to client-side data (which means a patch). We are, however, aware of this issue and plan to address it in an upcoming patch. :)

For those who are unaware, Ramaladni's Gift is currently not displaying its name when it drops on the ground. We believe this may also be causing the Legendary star notification on your minimap to occasionally not display when one drops. As has been mentioned, this is a bug, and it's currently on our radar to be addressed in a future patch. In the meantime, be sure to keep a sharp eye (or ear, as the case may be) out for these little green cubes.

Thanks for the reports, all!
We're not unlucky!

It's just a very evasive ninja cube.
09/08/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis
And it is kinda sad to know that this could be hotfixed within an hour of work but Blizzard obviously doesn't feel like it :(

This actually isn't something that can be hotfixed, as it requires a fix to client-side data (which means a patch). We are, however, aware of this issue and plan to address it in an upcoming patch. :)

For those who are unaware, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ramaladnis-gift"]Ramaladni's Gift[/url] is currently not displaying its name when it drops on the ground. We believe this may also be causing the Legendary star notification on your minimap to occasionally not display when one drops. As has been mentioned, this is a bug, and it's currently on our radar to be addressed in a future patch. In the meantime, be sure to keep a sharp eye (or ear, as the case may be) out for these little green cubes.

Thanks for the reports, all!

Thanks for the response! While you're at it, could you remove the star/beam from rift trial keystone drops? There is nothing more deflating (every time) than getting all excited to hear that sound after killing a rift boss and -- oh, it's just a keystone :(
09/08/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We believe this may also be causing the Legendary star notification on your minimap to occasionally not display when one drops.

Oh man... That makes me feel really terrible and sad inside. Lol
Means I probably have missed more than I thought. I've only successfully found 2. Ugh. Need way more to drop. 2 in ~50 hrs... No
09/08/2014 12:11 PMPosted by exzizt
Means I probably have missed more than I thought. I've only successfully found 2. Ugh. Need way more to drop. 2 in ~50 hrs... No

They're actually quite rare, so it's unlikely that you've missed many. I've yet to find my first one since the patch (though I had found one during the PTR).
09/08/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Nevalistis
09/08/2014 12:11 PMPosted by exzizt

They're actually quite rare, so it's unlikely that you've missed many. I've yet to find my first one since the patch (though I had found one during the PTR).

Plus the legendary drop rate is too low...................
I've found 7-8 Gifts so far and each one was VERY obvious. I heard about this issue and payed close attention to the last one the dropped and it for sure had a star and a beam and everything.
I've found four of them and each time picked them up so fast I didn't even notice this bug. It was odd as they show up with [] as the name before identifying them. Maybe it'd make more sense to have them pre-identified as there's nothing random on them.
ive yet to find one myself, dont exactly need 1 til i find a wep worth using it on as i have no BiS weps anyways, sounds pretty rare. hope i didnt pass one up as i usually have pandora running while playing with sound muted and fast farm usually lol
found 2 so far each one was bugged and displayed no name or star on map there was a beam tho.
wow. I thought I heard that sound a couple times......been running rifts like crazy looking for one.