the "beam of disappointment"

Hardcore
Why is there a legendary beam for the greater rift trial key?

If you are running T4 or higher you have an 80% chance or better of getting the trial key to drop. It's getting to the point where I am annoyed by the beam that appears, like false hope for a legendary, but more like, "Oh... wow... another Grift key"

Why not just have it drop and have the brown text like forgotten souls, vital organs, and hellfire keys instead of a "legendary beam" and a star to indicate it on the map. Just seems a bit pointless especially with the frequency they drop in higher torments.
I agree they need to remove the beam for Trial Keys.
Yep, was gonna make a thread for this. Not a huge deal, obviously. Just a 'lil tease we don't really need. Nothing particularly special about a trial key.

I don't really need the false alarm for an "item" that I won't own in a few minutes.
I actually like getting a trial key better than legs. At least there's always potential in that! vs 99% garbage legs.
+1.

Im starting to get a big pile of trial keys as well.
Yeah Blizz should totally pull those beams so they stop trolling me. Someone should do something about this!

*Removes the beam in a future patch*
ty for taking away the troll beam.
hehe someone got lost and we love it
09/09/2014 03:39 PMPosted by Travis Day
Yeah Blizz should totally pull those beams so they stop trolling me. Someone should do something about this!

Happy to see someone in blue writing approves of this message. Haha.

"Beam of disappointment" - unfortunately too true.

Please see Galx's post about loaded rift entrances. I'd hate to report you for greifing.

Travis is awesome!

+1
09/09/2014 05:52 PMPosted by Rav1n
Please see Galx's post about loaded rift entrances. I'd hate to report you for greifing.

Yup!

On another topic, this might be the first developer post in HC section. I guess someone is sneaking through the forbidden door.
Why not just a different color of beam? I personally like the extra graphics, the more the merrier
Yeah make the beam purple like the color of the shards.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14277338140#1

I posted that a few days ago thinking no blues come here... I'll be damned..
+1
remove the beam from not only GRTKs but also legendary plans, wherever they drop. A GRTK drop just isn't the same as legendary item drop.
Please silence the drops of GRTK just like forgotten souls and how the key drops of wardens was silenced with the introduction of 2.0.1.
Please keep the plans beams I would have run past them countless times. The solution would be to make the trials no longer a legendary item (but it should be imo)
how about an option to turn it off or on in the options.... to all you babies that care about such insignificances ..

Awesome! Thank you, Travis!!