Electrified ICD needed

General Discussion
During solo play with any sort of pets or guardians or fast hits (Monk, Frenzy or Cota Barbs) or during group play, there's basically a wall of death surrounding melee as 10000 charged bolts go flying around the room. Melee end up being near forced into getting the lightning immunity neck (if RNG will even give it to you) in order to function against these enemies.

It's ok for one affix to impact one role more than others, like jailer and ranged. However, there's something wrong when the only viable tactic against electrified enemies is to tell your friends "good luck guys, I'm going ahead while you fight."

It's also not really fun for Witch Doctors or Cota Barbs to have their pets instantly annihilated in seconds even through the 90% AoE reduction.

Please. Attach an ICD or rework the spawn of the bolts. Having to dodge a couple or get hit hard isn't unreasonable. Having basically a permanent death aura surrounding a pack, or Rift Guardian in the case of Raiziel, until the RNG gods shine upon you with the immunity neck is absolutely terrible.
*#!@*#!## is ICD
09/12/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Theseus
*#!@*#!## is ICD
Internal cooldown. Meaning, it can only spawn so many in a period of time instead of being an infinite auto cast on damage taken.
No! We need more difficult/challenging affixes. Electrified was awesome in D2 and always made you go "oooh crap, here we go".

Do not nerf.
09/12/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Lewk
No! We need more difficult/challenging affixes. Electrified was awesome in D2 and always made you go "oooh crap, here we go".

Do not nerf.

Terrible post.
It's basically unavoidable as melee so there is really no reason it should be able to 1 shot you on higher GRifts.
As a sunwuko/flying dragon monk i 100% support this thread. i have to skip electrified packs because its almost nearly 100% chance im going to die on them even if all my defensive skills are up..
I had a dream that I read a post like this:

The internal cooldown of the Electrified Affix was being reset each time a dual-wielding Elite/Champion attacked with a weapon in their other hand. This meant the effect was occurring twice as often for dual-wielding Elite/Champions, and with particular other affixes, this effect was even more frequent.

Secondly, the proc rate of the affix was ignoring the proc scalar of the skill it was used with, which in simple terms caused the Electrified affix to apply every time a skill was used. Combined with the above issue, this resulted in this affix vastly over performing, and even more so with particular monsters.

Please. Attach an ICD or rework the spawn of the bolts. Having to dodge a couple or get hit hard isn't unreasonable. Having basically a permanent death aura surrounding a pack, or Rift Guardian in the case of Raiziel, until the RNG gods shine upon you with the immunity neck is absolutely terrible.

This. One thousand times this. The only reason I'm wearing Xephirian on my Monk is because the disaster that is Electrified. Everything else I can (theoretically) avoid.

I'd much rather wear a Hellfire Amulet for an extra passive, or Sunwuko's Amulet plus the sweeping wind boost gloves, but right now I've got no choice because of how stupidly Electrified works.

As an aside: I'm convinced that the entire D3 development team got owned repeatedly and embarrassingly in World of Warcraft as ranged classes and set out to make damned sure that melee got screwed over in D3 based on how badly this game treats melee (bad UI - can't tell what you're getting hit by; bad game design - significant disadvantages playing melee vs. ranged). Tell me again how scary hellish monsters are that RUN AWAY ALL THE TIME (I'm looking at you, Odeg the Keywarden, derp derp derp)?
Guys guys guys, you've got this all wrong, Electrified is finally the PvP we've been asking Blizzard for. All you need to do is roll a Demon Hunter and you can slaughter hoards of hapless melee classes.
Careful, this might be moved to Wizard forum for no reason.
09/12/2014 11:33 AMPosted by chuk2012
As a sunwuko/flying dragon monk i 100% support this thread. i have to skip electrified packs because its almost nearly 100% chance im going to die on them even if all my defensive skills are up..
That's what you have to do on most melee. If you don't have the immunity neck, you just have to try to skip it as fighting it is a death sentence.

I would consider the sheer stupidity of Electrified and Fire Chains to be some of the main reasons why Barbarians for example are totally nonexistent on the GRift group ladder. You cannot get near anything that has them without being instagibbed.
You should see the lightning fly with Dagger of Darts/Carnevil build!

Do not nerf.

There is no "oooh crap, here we go". There is only charge in with cooldowns going (so anywhere between 25-40 mil toughness), 1400-1600 lightning resist, and get insta-gibbed. That's not an exaggeration btw. Been tested dozens of times with WD friend running pet builds. The pets proc it to the point of it pretty much just being a bug. It's that bad.

Here's my thread on it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14278977789?page=1
09/12/2014 09:33 PMPosted by tucci89

Do not nerf.

There is no "oooh crap, here we go". There is only charge in with cooldowns going (so anywhere between 25-40 mil toughness), 1400-1600 lightning resist, and get insta-gibbed. That's not an exaggeration btw. Been tested dozens of times with WD friend running pet builds. The pets proc it to the point of it pretty much just being a bug. It's that bad.

Here's my thread on it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14278977789?page=1
Yup. It was bad enough before but now with the prevalence of pet builds, it's damn near impossible unless you have the immunity neck. And then you run into Fire Chains but that's a separate issue....
its a terribly evident issue to whoever played melee in Grifts along with a M6 dh/wd pet.

... but i admit its a nice view when it happens along with laserz, just like going to disco.