What is the droprate on the trial rift key?

General Discussion
I've done around 10-15 rifts now and have yet to see a key.
I heard it is around 50/50 but can't confirm as my experience has been more like 75 key/25 no key.
Does difficulty matter?

I am on a season character so I was doing master level rifts and now on torment 1 rifts.

Thanks.
T6 is guaranteed.
That's just really bad luck. Maybe join a public group to see if that helps increase your chances? I have been running regular rifts to use the gold gem and have about 30 trial keys stocked up. They seem to drop pretty frequently and I'm usually in a group of at least 2. Also I run at least t4.
I think I've had any T6 rifts that didn't drop a keystone
I think they are torment only.

On t6 i got key from every rift guardian. siting on like 80 of them right now :P
T6 is 100% and then I think like 80% for T5 and 60% for T4. That is kind of what I have found out as I have started gearing up my DH again over the past couple of days. But as with any RNG it is steaky sometimes.
09/12/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Oatz
Does difficulty matter?

I am on a season character so I was doing master level rifts and now on torment 1 rifts.

Thanks.

You'll need to be in Torment difficulty in order to have a chance to find a Greater Rift Trial Key. Each level of difficulty beyond Torment I will give you a greater chance of finding a key, too.
TL/6*100 = Drop chance

TL = Torment Level
On T6 I get them 100% of the time.
T6 is 100%, T4 feels like its 80-90% so T5 is somewhere inbetween there.
Please stop dropping trial keys I have over 1000 already
Can we please at least have the option of salvaging these crappy trial stones?
09/12/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Nerfed

No one is forcing you to pick them up...
09/12/2014 06:17 PMPosted by RAWR
09/12/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Nerfed

No one is forcing you to pick them up...

Maybe they can come up with an alternate use for them? Jewelry crafting mat? Break them down into something useful? trade them in for blood shards?

I only have a couple extra but I cannot put in a great deal of time until the winter when works stops.
T6 is definitely not 100% - extremely close but not 100%.
For my sample size of 160 it appears to be 100% on T6. All of my friends who run on T6 get them 100% of the time as well. If you haven't seen a 100% drop rate on T6, perhaps you just missed one among all those forgotten souls there FriedEggs.
09/12/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Frankfitz
For my sample size of 160 it appears to be 100% on T6. All of my friends who run on T6 get them 100% of the time as well. If you haven't seen a 100% drop rate on T6, perhaps you just missed one among all those forgotten souls there FriedEggs.

There's a very rare chance that T6 RG will not drop key and obviously there's absolutely no way to miss a key with that giant !@# beam lol.
Agree with you friend eggs... I'd say 95% drop rate on T6. It is rare, but they can sometimes not drop.