Barbarian Overtakes Demon Hunter in US Grift

Demon Hunter
Barbarian now at 43. NERF PLS
Good riddance.
Lol I saw this coming two weeks ago, people just cry nerf because DH was flavor of the month hype and so all the flavor of the month players abandoned their classes for a DH.

I can see Wizards beating us soon too just wait till they fix their bugged attack speed on hydras. The DH class always climbs the fastest in the shortest time but as other classes gear up and learn new builds etc they begin to climb the ladder. We just scale the fastest but hit a wall quickly, the other classes take time to ramp up but eventually start to surpass the DH. This happens every patch but people like to cry nerf.
Barbs will get trolled for always whining and crying. Hope they do get nerfed though. Maybe they'll all quit after getting nerfed so we don't have to read their bull!@#$ anymore.
Gratz for them. Someone needs to be on top.
And unfortunatelly DH's are capped. After you max your gems get the best gear there's no way to put more dmg on sentries. Then we will see all other classes, after they figure it out other builds because they have viable stuff that can be discovered, leaving DH class behind because we have 1 way of playing that is viable but it is capped.

So yeah Gratz for barbs.
It's just one person. You can't make a solid argument YET because RNG is a big factor in GRIFT success, and GRIFTS are still quite new.

If you look at the average, Barb is still lower than DH. If you look in group play, Barb is NON EXISTENT. People put such a high merit on one person's rank.
09/11/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Harctor
If you look at the average, Barb is still lower than DH. If you look in group play, Barb is NON EXISTENT. People put such a high merit on one person's rank.


Yeah maybe it is true what you're saying but, you bet that from now on every single barbarian will aim to do the same as this guy did and I tell you what, they will get there.

And yes it's a merit that the guy deserved, he did it, there's no way to take that merit away from him, he's the first 43 from US servers.

London was the first 42.... and it goes on and on.
09/11/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Harctor
It's just one person. You can't make a solid argument YET because RNG is a big factor in GRIFT success, and GRIFTS are still quite new.

If you look at the average, Barb is still lower than DH. If you look in group play, Barb is NON EXISTENT. People put such a high merit on one person's rank.


It's not non-existent. There are just more scrubs, like you, who rolled a DH because you saw everyone calling it OP blah blah blah. The playerbase playing DH right now is double that of other classes. More players playing the class = more sample to show on the leaderboard. Barbarian players are always asking for nerfs to the DH - ALWAYS. Around 90% of the tools making nerf threads in the DH forums/General Discussion were Barbarian players. The other 10% being monks and WDs.

Everyone knows RNG is a big factor for GR. It's literally the only factor in how high someone can get. Once you reach the pinnacle of damage output there is nothing more you can do. 1% on sentry dmg isn't going to take you from 42 to 43 as a DH. What more can a DH do with it's one trick pony M6 build? Absolutely nothing. There is literally nothing to get higher in GRs. Shadows set? lol...what a joke that set is. There was so much tears from the forums from Barb players that even John had to announce that there was a slight problem with DHs. Did all that whining really get passed up that high that a developer had to make a statement about it? Their first interview was that they want all other classes to be where the M6 DH is at. Then the most recent play it your way thursday it was "yeah m6 is a problem".

I'll be rotfl when every other barb does the same exact build and then Blizzard sees it as a non-intentional way of playing and comes out with a nerf.

End game = forums.
09/11/2014 09:26 PMPosted by johno86
09/11/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Harctor
It's just one person. You can't make a solid argument YET because RNG is a big factor in GRIFT success, and GRIFTS are still quite new.

If you look at the average, Barb is still lower than DH. If you look in group play, Barb is NON EXISTENT. People put such a high merit on one person's rank.


It's not non-existent. There are just more scrubs, like you, who rolled a DH because you saw everyone calling it OP blah blah blah. The playerbase playing DH right now is double that of other classes. More players playing the class = more sample to show on the leaderboard. Barbarian players are always asking for nerfs to the DH - ALWAYS. Around 90% of the tools making nerf threads in the DH forums/General Discussion were Barbarian players. The other 10% being monks and WDs.

Everyone knows RNG is a big factor for GR. It's literally the only factor in how high someone can get. Once you reach the pinnacle of damage output there is nothing more you can do. 1% on sentry dmg isn't going to take you from 42 to 43 as a DH. What more can a DH do with it's one trick pony M6 build? Absolutely nothing. There is literally nothing to get higher in GRs. Shadows set? lol...what a joke that set is. There was so much tears from the forums from Barb players that even John had to announce that there was a slight problem with DHs. Did all that whining really get passed up that high that a developer had to make a statement about it? Their first interview was that they want all other classes to be where the M6 DH is at. Then the most recent play it your way thursday it was "yeah m6 is a problem".

I'll be rotfl when every other barb does the same exact build and then Blizzard sees it as a non-intentional way of playing and comes out with a nerf.

End game = forums.


I had my DH before my Barb. I don't play it anymore, and I have more hours on my Barb. I play on my crusader and barb now. I got GR32 on my DH then quit it

I can't stand DH, makes me sleep.
Will this finally shut down all the stupid "nerf da op dh" bs?

Stay tuned!!!
Take a look at the Korean server and try to say the same thing:
http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/rankings/era/1/rift-dh

In any case, I give that barb a huge congratz regardless if it was based off RNG.
09/11/2014 09:45 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Take a look at the Korean server and try to say the same thing:
http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/rankings/era/1/rift-dh

In any case, I give that barb a huge congratz regardless if it was based off RNG.


Koreans don't count. Like comparing ferraris to hondas.
Those guys got some para levels.....
good news for DH community, a lot of complaints every day in the forums calling for nerfing DH class is allways followed by the nerfhammer.

This is a lot of relax for us.
Seems like that the Barbs are fortunate enough to have a class designed in such a fashion that knowledgeable players can actually take their hero further via skillful play (i.e. they have a soft skill cap). This stands in stark contrast to our class which has a hard math cap.
09/11/2014 10:07 PMPosted by RedCell
Seems like that the Barbs are fortunate enough to have a class designed in such a fashion that knowledgeable players can actually take their hero further via skillful play (i.e. they have a soft skill cap). This stands in stark contrast to our class which has a hard math cap.
Hmmm Metatron replied in the Barb version of this thread and got slammed.

And this Harctor fellow comes over with retarded one-sided opinions and you guys are all being so nice to him.

Conclusion: Demon Hunters - Too Nice since 1.03.
09/12/2014 12:24 AMPosted by Wilson
Hmmm Metatron replied in the Barb version of this thread and got slammed.

And this Harctor fellow comes over with retarded one-sided opinions and you guys are all being so nice to him.

Conclusion: Demon Hunters - Too Nice since 1.03.


I wouldnt say slammed but the same guy goes around posting those stats over and over not realizing they are meaningless this early in the meta game considering DH is flavor of the month.

Its funny that the people who cried DH OP or nerf a week ago complained that no other class could get over rift 40 now every class but monks has gotten to 40 so then they had to use another attack and say well no class can get to the same level as DH so they are still OP nerf NAO! then Barb hit 43... so now the only excuse is well theres more DH in greater rifts! Nerf NAO! lol... and as time progresses more of the other classes will go up in rifts invalidating that argument.

funny thing is i predicted all this the first few days patch 2.1 hit when everyone cried nerf DH and low and behold its all coming to pass, funny. My prediction still is Wiz being the top dog once hydras get their attack speed fix, its something about that firebird set that tells me it has some ridiculous untapped potential but thats just my guess.

Its just sad how the forums jump to nerf bandwagon and you get so many flavor of the month trolls rather than people sticking with things and figuring out new builds and means to play, sure DH came out strong but in the long haul i see m6 falling behind due to its inherent limitations.
welp, time to dust off my monk and wiz.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum