Lord of Bells achievement?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I think the Lord of Bells should be moved to a feat of strength achievement similarly to the Developers Hell (Smash! Jay Smash!)

It's not like you can actually control the RNG of these rifts. Been doing 2100+ rifts and yet to find the Cow Rift.
I'm for this too. I was spamming T1 rifts for a while just to increase efficiency and thus chances of getting this, before it felt like a complete waste of time. It should, imo, be removed from the achievement and instead listed as a Feat of Strength.

+1
Yeah, last one I need to. Apparently it's even more rare than finding a goblin rift.

So, yeah. Imagine that.
I've been playing heavily since the RoS release, and I can say that I have yet to get this encounter. I've run close to ~1.2k rifts if I can recall off the top of my head. "The cow level is a lie." - A completely true statement.
I thought I was doing bad at 900+ rifts w/o getting the elusive 10th level.

I've had one 9 level rift. I was soo happy, then so sad...:'-(
I'm guessing that rift stopped at 9 because I'd already killed the RG.

I'd estimate 800 of mine were fully cleared, so it's entirely possible one of the other 100 uncleared ones could have contained the 10th level, but, if my guess about the 9 level rift is accurate, they didn't.

I've pretty much given up on ever getting that 10th level..../sigh
It doesn't need to be level 10 found one at level 3 full of cows t6 lvl 1 rift when you used to get 100 shards :)
09/16/2014 09:14 AMPosted by Ronald
I think the Lord of Bells should be moved to a feat of strength achievement similarly to the Developers Hell (Smash! Jay Smash!)

It's not like you can actually control the RNG of these rifts. Been doing 2100+ rifts and yet to find the Cow Rift.

I postulated the cow level had a 1/2000 chance a couple months ago (reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13272227537#20 ). So with these numbers, I calculate you had a 65% chance of seeing it in your 2100 rifts. This means you are slightly less lucky than most and the best advice is to not seek the cows, let the beef come to you!

Math for those interested:

Chance of not seeing cow level = 0.9995 (1999/2000)
Chance of not seeing cow level 2100 times in a row = 0.9995^2100 = ~0.3498
Chance of seeing at least one cow level in 2100 rifts = 1 - 0.3498 = ~0.6502
I'd say that's just unlucky, I wouldn't say that 2k rifts is a whole lot either. Since it's -the- thing to do now once you hit lvl 70 + do some minor other stuff you'll probably bump into it eventually.

Seen 2 cow rifts so far, btw.
They need to put in some pity counter for this.
09/16/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Iria

I postulated the cow level had a 1/2000 chance a couple months ago (reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13272227537#20 ). So with these numbers, I calculate you had a 65% chance of seeing it in your 2100 rifts. This means you are slightly less lucky than most and the best advice is to not seek the cows, let the beef come to you!

Math for those interested:

Chance of not seeing cow level = 0.9995 (1999/2000)
Chance of not seeing cow level 2100 times in a row = 0.9995^2100 = ~0.3498
Chance of seeing at least one cow level in 2100 rifts = 1 - 0.3498 = ~0.6502

3k1 rift in both season and non season.

Never open up a cow rift myself. I join many cow one though.
Shhhh... there is no cow king....
09/16/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Balthazar23
I thought I was doing bad at 900+ rifts w/o getting the elusive 10th level.

I've had one 9 level rift. I was soo happy, then so sad...:'-(
I'm guessing that rift stopped at 9 because I'd already killed the RG.

I'd estimate 800 of mine were fully cleared, so it's entirely possible one of the other 100 uncleared ones could have contained the 10th level, but, if my guess about the 9 level rift is accurate, they didn't.

I've pretty much given up on ever getting that 10th level..../sigh

Whatcha talking about Willis?
Same here.

My main (Non Season) just needs to kill the Lord of Bells to complete that achievement.
I got the Lord of Bells the other weekend in Season. Was AWESOME. Love the nostalgia of the cows. :)
09/16/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Obsolet
It doesn't need to be level 10 found one at level 3 full of cows t6 lvl 1 rift when you used to get 100 shards :)

Wait...what?

It has been my understanding that the cow level (outside of the beta) was always the 10th level of a rift. I know during beta it could spawn randomly as any level, but I was under the impression that it was changed once RoS went live.

Is this not the case?
09/16/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Balthazar23
09/16/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Obsolet

Wait...what?

It has been my understanding that the cow level (outside of the beta) was always the 10th level of a rift. I know during beta it could spawn randomly as any level, but I was under the impression that it was changed once RoS went live.

Is this not the case?

ive gotten the cow level twice, both times after ROS launch.

both times it started at level one, had that sweet area where it spawns so many cows and you get stupid amounts of exp/gold, and then the RG not too long after. it then went down ten levels with nothing super cool at the end
09/16/2014 01:57 PMPosted by TheKnowing

ive gotten the cow level twice, both times after ROS launch.

both times it started at level one, had that sweet area where it spawns so many cows and you get stupid amounts of exp/gold, and then the RG not too long after. it then went down ten levels with nothing super cool at the end

Well this is good to know...thanks!
Just to let you all know, we will be removing the Lord of Bells from the Greater Rift Guardian achievement "You're Not The Boss of Me" in a future client-side patch (as this is not an issue that can be hotfixed). MooOOOooo!
09/16/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Just to let you all know, we will be removing the Lord of Bells from the Greater Rift Guardian achievement "You're Not The Boss of Me" in a future client-side patch (as this is not an issue that can be hotfixed). MooOOOooo!

Thanks man!

I've still never seen this boss and it's the last one I need.
09/16/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Moooooove along nothing to see here, the cow level is a lie, the splash banner even says so!