Why doesn't tool tip reflect CDR?

General Discussion
I find this counter-intuitive and unrewarding. It would be nice to see the cooldown numbers of your skills go down as the cooldown reduction stat is stacked. Now you need to get the calculator to figure it out, or a stop watch. Quite frankly I don't understand why it's done like this.

Please consider upgrading the tooltip to reflect CDR, or at least provide a rationale as to why it's not possible.

Thank you

Edit:
Nice idea by Salintecra:
09/14/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Salintecra
It's should have numbers in parenthesis. That way you have both the original and the new, for information purposes. Something like:

"Cooldown 90 (65) seconds"
Because the tooltip is static.
Lazy developers.
Because the UI is poorly designed.
It's should have numbers in parenthesis. That way you have both the original and the new, for information purposes. Something like:

i've been hoping for this as well. it would be a nice quality of life buff

That's a nice idea, I like it.
Good idea, but who's going to fund such an endeavor?
09/14/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Vulcan
I find this counter-intuitive and unrewarding. It would be nice to see the cooldown numbers of your skills go down as the cooldown reduction stat is stacked. Now you need to get the calculator to figure it out, or a stop watch. Quite frankly I don't understand why it's done like this.

Please consider upgrading the tooltip to reflect CDR, or at least provide a rationale as to why it's not possible.

Thank you

1.) You can't see the your ability cooling down radially?
2.) Are you really going to countdown the seconds in your head?

Having something like that would have zero affect on your gameplay so i think they should just keep working on things that are a little more productive than a useless UI update.

This needs to happen.
While we're at it, can we have the tooltips also put in parenthesis what your damage output with that skill should be after stacking Elemental percent?
Good idea. +1
Absolutely. The tooltips should reflect the original Cooldown/Damage/Whatever, and then the modified, present value in parentheses following it.

Like one guy said; "Lazy developers." I would go one step further and cite lack of pride among the programmers.

I have coded Object Oriented Programming (OOP) applications before. The objects will tell you whatever you want to know about them. All you have to do is access it and present it to the user. And contrary to popular belief by most of Blizzard's staff and MVPs, the computer is a pretty good calculator, and might not have too much trouble figuring out all these different dynamic values, and listing them.

If I were doing the programming on these objects (each weapon, skill, character, whatever, is an "object"), I would include the access to the properties whether or not they might ever be used. It's a matter of programming pride.

Steve Austin
This would be a nice quality of life change. It's silly this is not already represented in game. All their money and time goes to the art team though.
I'd wondered about this myself...seems pretty simple to implement.
Definitely needs to happen. 2014?
Would like for this to happen/
Have you noticed that Blizzard doesn't really show you the numbers? You have to either calculate everything on your own or be blissfully ignorant. Most games will show you the damage your abilities can do based on your current gear, not this one. Why should CDR be more special? IMO, they should show exactly how your gear changes the numbers. Would create more accuracy in finding BiS items and true build progression.
there was a moment when I cared about this then I moved on and kept playing. not a big deal, there are real problems that need to be solved in this game before something merely aesthetic like this happens. maybe the final d3 patch would benefit.