Boon of the Hoarder

Items and Crafting
Does the amount of gold dropped scale with the % chance to cause the explosion?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the amount dropped only scales with your Gold Find%
09/16/2014 11:17 AMPosted by lilbronco
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the amount dropped only scales with your Gold Find%

I noticed the gem itself says nothing about it and I was just curious whether or not it did. I'm assuming you're correct based on the absence of that particular description on the gem.
09/16/2014 11:17 AMPosted by lilbronco
You are correct.
09/16/2014 11:13 AMPosted by eVo

Leveling up the Boon of the Hoarder will cause more frequent explosions of gold, but does not influence the actual amount of gold per explosion. Having a higher gold find percentage will yield more gold per proc, though.
One of these days I'll find that damn portal...and hopefully will not lead me to Whimsy again..... I REALLY need the Boon of the Hoarder. It's too difficult to keep money on my toon.
09/16/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Kyosji
One of these days I'll find that damn portal...and hopefully will not lead me to Whimsy again..... I REALLY need the Boon of the Hoarder. It's too difficult to keep money on my toon.

Not to tease you, but gold problems literally disappear with that gem. I've farmed 2.5 bil gold in my entire D3 career, 1 bil of which was farmed over the last four days. : )
09/16/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Treleth

Not to tease you, but gold problems literally disappear with that gem. I've farmed 2.5 bil gold in my entire D3 career, 1 bil of which was farmed over the last four days. : )

Yes, with the combination of items with plus gold percentages, the boon of the hoarder gem allows you to farm gold at a crazy rate.

I have a monk where all 13 items are +gold including Goldskin which is a 100%+ for gold, I have a gem in my helm for gold too, my follower has +gold items - and with the boon of the hoarder I'm getting +5,000% gold running T3 (+4,971% actually). Running Act 1 bounties will generate 25M without spending time to farm every monster... 100M an hour is easy to achieve...
It should be noted as well that boon of the hoarder only procs a chance at gold if YOU kill the mob. If you run in a group and everyone else is doing all the killing you will notice hoarder rarely ever procs. If you run solo hwoever it procs constantly. You must be getting killing blows on mobs to proc it.

Yes, the gold is INSANE. On my pet farm build I can farm 20 million gold every T6 rift clear, and it takes me 5-9 minutes to clear it depending on the maps. 200 million gold per hour is very easy to pull off. If you also equip gold wrap belt, you will essentially be god mode for most of the run, and unkillable. I can stand on top of arcane sentries and my HP wont even budge. Toughness sits in the billions about 80% of the time.
09/16/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Krazymagic
as well that boon
I just gave up Leoric's Crown on my pet crusader for an Avarice Band. That's the kind of thing this gem makes you do.

I also roll with Custerian Wristguards and it has a noticeable effect on my leveling speed.
You will never have a gold problem ever again once you find the gem inside "the vault". I find 2-3 million every mob I kill...minimum! You will love the spider queen map or any map with mobs of monsters (Festering woods, Fields of Misery)...and chests that you have to kill the 100 monsters before time expires.....holy crap the GOLD is everywhere!!!!!
09/16/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Grimiku
09/16/2014 11:13 AMPosted by eVo

Leveling up the Boon of the Hoarder will cause more frequent explosions of gold, but does not influence the actual amount of gold per explosion. Having a higher gold find percentage will yield more gold per proc, though.

It's sad questions like this must be answered. Nothing about the description suggests the amount would scale, only the chance to cause the explosion.
I just want to echo that I enjoy reading Dement's posts and this thread re: Roland's and viability. I've been collecting gears and trying to get to the point of breaking into the 30 grift scene, but am still far off. I haven't managed to find a way to 'tank' electrified and I don't play /w Unity b/c I don't like the crutch.

Of all the builds I've tried, the most 'successful' has been physical element /w shield bash cross, so always used Roland 6p + Piro Marella.

For bracers, I haven't found better than Reaper Wraps. At best alternative, I think you could swap in Aughild's+RORG to get the set bonus, but I don't think that weighs out the tempo from getting wrath from a globe.

If you had a decent blackthorn's, you could get 3 or 4p bonus via Amulet + Belt, but I think the relative stats are weak on blackthorns compared to other options. If only it protected against electrified!

Belts: I've used Vigilance (CDR) and Angel Hair Braid (Punish all rune). Even /w AHB, punish single target is too weak and even with stacking all the block passives, um...I still die. The damage scales to fast for blocking/renewal to survive stuff like electrified and fire chains that I used to be able to block leveling up. I just got a String of Ears so I'm going to try it out and see if I prefer it to AHB - I can't think of another belt that offers as much survivability.

Leoric + RORG - I've tried /w CDR and life %. I feel like CDR is more impressive for the CDR build b/c it's a massive boost, but given you're not pushing for a big break point like Akkhan set, for short cooldown skills I didn't notice as much. Life % just (slightly) increased the time it took for me to die. I haven't managed to figure out how to gain life back on electrified/fire chains mobs b/c I can't melee them for LoH and my wrath dump is Shield Bash, which puts me in danger so ??? Aside from stacking toughness stats to tank this..I don't think life% helps unless you can sac vit elsewhere (but I'm not sure where to sac it - shield for Str/CHC/Block/Shield Bash?

Depth Diggers + RORG - um...it helps? I don't know how much of my dps comes from my generator so i don't know how to compare it. I've tried this /w Simplicity's strength and it was just underwhelming. 2% of max hp back, even /w Helm Amethyst for me is only b/w 8-9k LoH.

I've done a CDR build /w a 1h Devastator & Frenzy to push to 50% CDR. You can easily keep Iron Skin + duration (7s) and Laws of Justice Immovable /w Long Arm of the Law (10s) up and stack for even more uptime. The issue I had was that I couldn't handle all the cc and even playing /w Prophet, there are plenty of windows to die =/. Biggest issue, was, of course, using a 1h, b/c I couldn't deal enough damage in the windows I had available to take advantage of the IAS. I was also focusing on block...so that could've been a problem b/c I don't feel like it gives back enough for the cost.

I did try a 2h CDR build (I think it was ~40%?) and it dealt more damage, but was still very fragile/died a lot. My biggest issue is cc and I don't know if the legendary gem that heals and gives damage reduction when cc'd would be worth it (mine isn't leveled yet) b/c it's often the affixes that don't cc: that kill you (electrified/fire chain).

I agree /w Acronen - focusing too much on LoH doesn't help the windows when you can't melee constantly. I havne't figured out what my sweet spot is w/ LR yet and I don't have enough gears to try it out, either =/. I don't think either LoH or LR will stop Raiziel's electrified wave if you don't see it coming, though.

I do really like the ideas on stacking armor, which I haven't tried yet (focused too much on block and couldn't get it to work). Is it even possible to replicate the survival Prophet gives you at 150% armor, even with multiple skills? You could have: ~30% from Divine Fortress, 25% max from Cross Slash Guard, but after that, you're reliant on stuff like String of Ears, Aughild's, Vigilant, Iron Skin, and Laws of Justice. I imagine you could just use Prophet anyways, but w/o gearing CDR, it's painful to wait, especially if you have something like a three pack.

What leg gems are folks using? Trapped seems pretty standard. Moratorium worth it? Pain Enhancer I haven't tried for the IAS - I don't like that's it depends on crit unlike Toxin where you just 'get' the 10% bonus for breathing on something. Power only seems good if you're already crushing it, which my Rolands is not (yet :)).
09/16/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Zen
I just gave up Leoric's Crown on my pet crusader for an Avarice Band. That's the kind of thing this gem makes you do.

I also roll with Custerian Wristguards and it has a noticeable effect on my leveling speed.

I've been working on a gold farming set, but I forgot all about adding an Avarice Band to it. Good idea, and I'll have to keep that in mind if I find one.
I actually proc gold drops like mad with my pets on wd.
WD pet build with Thing Of The Deep (and its 20 yd pickup radius) means you don't have to chase after it. Now if I could just farm mats as easily ... hmmm .... maybe a gem for that some day????
09/16/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Treleth

Truth, I'm usually contrained now by lack of materials, and I have so much gold that I rarely bother to use the gem anymore.
09/16/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Javelin
09/16/2014 12:10 PMPosted by Grimiku

It's sad questions like this must be answered. Nothing about the description suggests the amount would scale, only the chance to cause the explosion.

You know what's even more sad? Your account, /quit.
Has anybody tested boon of the hoarder + gladiator gauntlets? When the gauntlets proc the same time as the boon what is the effect?