A months worth of TOPAZ farming GOOOONE in 15 rolls

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
09/15/2014 05:15 AMPosted by Browntown3
while we're at it can we remove the time sink on gem crafting from Shen? I need to roll something a hundred times because of the incredibly bad RNG called the Mystic. I shouldn't have to sit and craft 300 imperials to then craft 100 flawless imperial and watch that stupid bar for 30 minutes of gameplay....Who came up with that process? Dunno what kind of value this adds to the game at all.

Consume all required mats and craft what I want instantly. There are enough time sinks and RNG in this game, stop forcing more please.

100% agree.
Why for the love of all that is holy can't we change other gems into topazes?????

I don't care, make it 20 to 1. Or even higher...
I have 2000k of them on a mule. How are ppl not finding these? They drop all the time. And I play all 6 classes. You gotta pick them up you know.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14278918347?page=2#27

They're going to do something about it, relax and wait just like the rest of us. A lot of us are all in the same boat.
09/15/2014 05:15 AMPosted by Browntown3
while we're at it can we remove the time sink on gem crafting from Shen? I need to roll something a hundred times because of the incredibly bad RNG called the Mystic. I shouldn't have to sit and craft 300 imperials to then craft 100 flawless imperial and watch that stupid bar for 30 minutes of gameplay....Who came up with that process? Dunno what kind of value this adds to the game at all.

Consume all required mats and craft what I want instantly. There are enough time sinks and RNG in this game, stop forcing more please.

Agree.

I don't understand why crafting doesn't work this way....

If we have 600 marquis gems in our stash, we should have the option of crafting either 200 imperials, or 66 flawless imperials, or 22 Royals, or 7 flawless royals. Why do we have to spend time crafting 200 imperials, then 66 flawless, then 22 royals just to reach the flawless royal level? We have the materials regardless.
I play a fair amount, but RNG doesn't always go my way. I spent all my topazes from P1-300 on a single piece of jewelry which refuses to roll a socket. Takes 2-4 rifts to collect enough topazes to reroll again. I'm glad they correctly identified the issue, and are working on it(?)
09/15/2014 05:06 AMPosted by Sollan
But why can't i use my other Gems to keep rolling for a socket (ive got thousands just sitting there, not ever going to be used), I want to play your game blizzard with its brand new features, but you wont let me with your bad game mechanics. pls, pls, pls fix this. This is the biggest problem with the game right now.

you've gone and made leg gems a major part of the game. but we cant enjoy it because we need to use the worst iterated mechanics in the game to do so.

Any kind of crafting done in large amounts (for example, rolling for a socket on Rings and Amulets) is going to consume resources to the point where they risk being depleted, which is fine on its own and an intended result. After all, nothing adds value to a resource like running out of it.

That said, we agree that this is an issue and feel the root of it—in this case, never having enough Amethysts or Topazes—lies in the fact that there isn't a reliable method of replenishing the particular resource being consumed. To address that, we’re currently looking at ways we can allow players to increase their ability to obtain specific gems they need.

On the flip side, we’re also aware that some players wind up stockpiling certain kinds of gems because there aren't a lot of compelling reasons to use them. We want to implement more uses for those gems, and are looking at various ways to achieve that too.
Just don't reroll till you get enough mats :D I rerolled amulet 50 times for 1 roll crit dmg and had to reroll it 70 times till I got a good roll :D so you can make the math how many Topaz gold and souls I have lost :D But when you are rich it's not a big deal :D
09/15/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Grimiku
But why can't i use my other Gems to keep rolling for a socket (ive got thousands just sitting there, not ever going to be used), I want to play your game blizzard with its brand new features, but you wont let me with your bad game mechanics. pls, pls, pls fix this. This is the biggest problem with the game right now.

you've gone and made leg gems a major part of the game. but we cant enjoy it because we need to use the worst iterated mechanics in the game to do so.

Any kind of crafting done in large amounts (for example, rolling for a socket on Rings and Amulets) is going to consume resources to the point where they risk being depleted, which is fine on its own and an intended result. After all, nothing adds value to a resource like running out of it.

That said, we agree that this is an issue and feel the root of it—in this case, never having enough Amethysts or Topazes—lies in the fact that there isn't a reliable method of replenishing the particular resource being consumed. To address that, we’re currently looking at ways we can allow players to increase their ability to obtain specific gems they need.

On the flip side, we’re also aware that some players wind up stockpiling certain kinds of gems because there aren't a lot of compelling reasons to use them. We want to implement more uses for those gems, and are looking at various ways to achieve that too.

ill repost what i posted in this forum post; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14278918347?page=8#149

here is an idea, why not have Shen make an enchanted gem that costs 1 tormented soul 10 blue crafting mats 20 yellow crafting mats and 3 of each imperial gem.

its just that simple and easy to acquire and it makes uses for ALL the gems at once.

or some variation of this and it will solve the problem of some resources NOT being used, doesnt even need those exact numbers just something that uses that system.

i cant think of a better way to do it.

Why can't I +1 this? I'm looking forward to finding out what you guys have to potentially allow us to be able to target farm specific gems.

Why not just let us convert 3 of one gem into 1 of another gem? Two birds, one stone.

Please implement some sort of band-aid fix to hold people over until you get a more ideal solution implemented because this is becoming untenable for many.
not sure if this was mentioned but how about, and i know this might seem like crazy talk but, make ANY gem work for ANY craft/enchant. Problem solved. the people leveling classes requiring topaz can relax and save their gems and use others, same with other classes so there isnt an unfair advantage for classes that dont use those gems typically.

or they could add some new event requiring lots of time and resources instead of fixing things being complained about (cough cough jailer).
Many materials are not easy to replenish once gone, especially with the gold ceiling abated by treasure vaults and what not. Blue crafting materials are always a luxury now, even as much as I try to limit pickups to blue items.

What if we could pay our followers to help us find these items?
Or treasure rolls on enchantress, paid for by gold, that buff or multiply the numbers of a given type of item on drop. Like how the "Sage" set doubles "Death's Breath". Shouldn't be too hard then to roll out a random buff, paid for in gold, that doubles the amount of a particular crafting material for a set amount of time.

In fact, how about a paragon type system for crafters? Enchantress's levels, paid for in slowly increasing gold increments, increase duration of x2 drop buff. Also consider raising the minimum range for stats on very slight scale based upon this level.

Smith levels increase number of crafting materials salvaged from items as well as odds of receiving a gem from the wreckage. Base levels for stats on crafted gear increase. Repair costs drop with higher levels.

Gem stat ranges change with Alchemist levels. Cost of removing gems decreases, chance of mysteriously doubling gems when removing increases (at a very small percent). Cost of combining gems decreases. Or->Provide an option to dump more money into combining, at a better exchange rate, for a better gem.

Blizzard, this is the kind of endgame thinking that stretches the life span of a game these days. We have many flexible systems that suggest infinite progress may be possible, but we also have a wealth of resources that we no longer have any use for after a certain point of progress, which, thanks to the goblin vault, now includes gold again. Don't be afraid to find ways to make us spend that gold or our resources.
"you don't win, you just do a little better this time"

~Cleveland Brown, family guy, 2005
Well here's how you can make the Sage set much more appealing to use: In stead of just having a double Deaths breath drop, why not make a double drop for gems and crafting materials? Double arcane dust drop... Double Veiled crystal drop... Double Forgotten Soul drop on a rift boss? Double Hellfire mats from Ubers? Heck Yeah, I'd think about using that set. By limiting Sage set to just double Deaths Breath = no one ever using it. Ever.
the fact that there isn't a reliable method of replenishing the particular resource being consumed

No way! You really think so?

looking at ways

looking at various ways

Here's hoping you'll find what you're looking for.
Or, to help with this, bring back trading. Ya know, just sayin.
I'd love to see the jeweler be able to downgrade larger gems at a cost.
I could cut up some of those extra royal Topaz I made a while back, now that I'm sitting on
hardly any lower level versions and about 4 things I'm trying to re-roll...

Would be nice if you could also trade with him, have a lot of one type,
let him trade you at a cost, or higher ratio for the ones you need.

Both seem like reasonable things jewelers might do.

Right now I'm getting more forgotten souls then the low level Topaz I need.

A simple idea would be to allow us to convert one gem to another gem, but then that begs the question of why not just turn all gems into the same, universal colour, I guess (even if the ratio wasn't 1:1 it'd still be kind of pointless).