Why not let us send things from season to non now?

General Discussion
Think about it a slow steady stream of items going over instead of everyones going over in 1 go at the end of the season....? This way stuff you do not need in the season can be used today in non season if you are playing both....this also doesn't hurt the season ladder since you can't send stuff the opposite way.
Not sure what you're asking, but this is the deal.

You will never be able to move just the season items to NL and when you move an entire character to NL, you cannot move it back to the Ladder.

Also, I think the reason you cannot do this is because of the shared stash and them not having the mailing system working yet.
I'm asking to let us send season items over to non season, whats the difference in waiting till season is over?

When I say season items I'm not specifically asking for seasonal only leg I mean anything that will be transferrable at the end.
The difference is patience. Can we please stop pushing the boundaries? It's awesome enough that you found new gear! Why not enjoy the new gear were it is with you at this time? There's no rush to get stuff to other characters. Good gosh. As soon as we give you on demand seasons to nonseason transfers, people will just be asking for gold on a new season character to go up to Kadala and sel directly into their nonseason character stash.

Don't laugh. Someone else thought of it too. I'm just the only one you're aware of who has thought of it. Blizzard really does have to be the parent here and set limits on how fast the game is pushed. For all you know, they want to leave seaons open for you to create more than one character to race with. They can get season gear there.

09/15/2014 08:17 PMPosted by MASKOAA
I'm asking to let us send season items over to non season, whats the difference in waiting till season is over?

When I say season items I'm not specifically asking for seasonal only leg I mean anything that will be transferrable at the end.
Would be handy. My season DH has found 2 set items and that wand for a wizard class but I have no intention or levelling more than one character/season.

The difference is that Seasons is supposed to be something separate.

If everything transferred over the instant you wanted there wouldn't be much point to Seasons.

One of the main reasons we have your Seasonal inventory roll over at the conclusion of the Season, rather than at-will, is that we'd like players to experience a given Season as a cohesive package, from Season start to Season finish. When a Season is active, it's essentially a completely separate game mode.

We also want to avoid situations where players are just farming Seasons piecemeal for the new Legendary items since they're part of the reward scheme. Players who venture into Seasonal play are intended to get a shot at these items early; for the duration of a Season, those items are exclusive to that Season. Allowing players to bring them over at-will to their non-Seasonal profile before they're added to the normal item pool would work to undermine that reward and break the intended immersion that an active Season provides.
could just make new season-only items non transferrable. (assuming this truly is a "just" and not a huge ordeal to implement somehow)
09/16/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Players who venture into Seasonal play are intended to get a shot at these items early, so allowing players to bring them over at-will to their non-Seasonal profile before they’re added to the normal item pool would undermine that reward and break the intended immersion that an active Season provides.

How would it undermine the reward? I'm confused as to what your definition of a reward is. Because, I feel if you want to send some items on a one way trip from seasons to normal, it is still a reward.

Maybe I'm tired of playing my seasonal toons, and want to spend some quality time with an old friend. This would be a feature that adds to the playability of the game, because frankly, I'm getting tired of my seasonal characters and already have two of every other character on normal.
Players who venture into Seasonal play are intended to get a shot at these items early, so allowing players to bring them over at-will to their non-Seasonal profile before they’re added to the normal item pool would undermine that reward and break the intended immersion that an active Season provides.

I'm not sure if in-season transfers are an answer, but I'll say this: Season 2 will have nowhere near the pull that the first one did. I find myself wishing I'd just invested the time in my main toon as the Paragon farming would have been far more efficient. At this point, all I care about is consolidating my gear.

Hope you have some creative ideas up your collective sleeve for S2 (as well as a tighter grip on leveling exploits).
09/16/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Vulgrym
I'm not sure if in-season transfers are an answer, but I'll say this: Season 2 will have nowhere near the pull that the first one did. I find myself wishing I'd just invested the time in my main toon as the Paragon farming would have been far more efficient. At this point, all I care about is consolidating my gear.

Hope you have some creative ideas up your collective sleeve for S2 (as well as a tighter grip on leveling exploits).

What I'd love personally is if you were limited to transferring only one character from seasons at the end of a season, and only the items in that character's current inventory.

To offset this, the drop-rate in seasons would be increased.
I just hope the make the stash bigger, I have a full stashes on season and non season.
09/15/2014 01:18 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Think about it a slow steady stream of items going over instead of everyones going over in 1 go at the end of the season....? This way stuff you do not need in the season can be used today in non season if you are playing both....this also doesn't hurt the season ladder since you can't send stuff the opposite way.

You make some good points here.

One of the main reasons we have your Seasonal inventory roll over at the conclusion of the Season, rather than at-will, is that we’d like players to experience a given Season as a cohesive package, from Season start to Season finish. We also want to avoid situations where players are just farming Seasons for the new Legendary items since they’re part of the reward scheme.

If you want to be it exclusive first for those who play on seasons you shouldn't place it in the loottable of non season as soon season is over. Should be 1 season in between, would be more exclusive that way.
Would be really pissed if i get for example that one special item in the last week of season while a friend of mine find it in first week of non-season when it is in the loottables.
09/16/2014 09:18 PMPosted by JaapB

You make some good points here.

One of the main reasons we have your Seasonal inventory roll over at the conclusion of the Season, rather than at-will, is that we’d like players to experience a given Season as a cohesive package, from Season start to Season finish. We also want to avoid situations where players are just farming Seasons for the new Legendary items since they’re part of the reward scheme.

If you want to be it exclusive first for those who play on seasons you shouldn't place it in the loottable of non season as soon season is over. Should be 1 season in between, would be more exclusive that way.
Would be really pissed if i get for example that one special item in the last week of season while a friend of mine find it in first week of non-season when it is in the loottables.

Why on earth would you get pissed? That sounds pretty petty to me. To add to that, he doesn't even have a chance to get it, whereas you do.
Barb here, are the season exclusive legendaries actually good for other classes? The remorseless or whatever is absolutely garbage for barbs.

I still play seasons though because starting fresh and competing with other fresh starters is (well, was, dem exploits though) a huge attraction.
09/16/2014 06:41 PMPosted by D1sass3mbly

How would it undermine the reward? I'm confused as to what your definition of a reward is. Because, I feel if you want to send some items on a one way trip from seasons to normal, it is still a reward.

Maybe I'm tired of playing my seasonal toons, and want to spend some quality time with an old friend. This would be a feature that adds to the playability of the game, because frankly, I'm getting tired of my seasonal characters and already have two of every other character on normal.

What you stated is exactly what they don't want people to do. In a subtle way they are telling you that if u start a season character they don't want you starting it for the specific purpose of finding a specific leg and quitting the season to play your main. They want you to play seasons for the experience and "immersion" of playing seasons.

All though I don't see how anyone plays seasons for the immersion factor. There is nothing more mind numbing boring in this game than starting from scratch after playing a single character for 100's of hours.
We also want to avoid situations where players are just farming Seasons for the new Legendary items since they’re part of the reward scheme.

Sorry but i don't see how it prevent anyone from farming Seasons for the new Legendary items.
You just have to wait for the end of the season to get it, nothing is done to "force" you to play your seasonal character to wait.

What really makes me angry is that i have a lot of comp, gems and good leg to send to my others characters.
Now i just stopped playing until the end of the season because i don't loot anything good on my seasonal character anymore and i ll wait for the comp/gem/stuff to be sent to my others characters, because it's useless to farm for what i already have.

So please end this season soon :P
I get that some players prefer not to play seasons, however for me personally, I enjoy starting anew once in a while. It lets you enjoy finding a lot of stuff again. Party play also becomes more enjoyable since everyone is almost in the same boat.

Diablo 2 was just the same. When did you really want to play non ladder. Gear caps out at a certain point where youre only farming for minor upgrades.

If youre really someone that wants to perfect a non season character, theres nothing to stop you from just ignoring the seasons. The new items will be available in a few months, and theres even a few non season exclusive new items (ramaladnis)
Hey guys. My question is do the paragon points transfer over from your season character to your main account? Also what is the story with the legendary gem transfer. Do their levels carry over to you main. Example. i have gems ranked at around 10. wreath of lightning at 10 to be exact. will those 10 levels get transferred to my wreath of lightning on my main account? I am hearing a lot of rumors and i would like to know the outcome for a fact. Any input is great. Have a great day.
I personally think that more Season-only items should be added, including new sets, plans, maybe gems. I think "10 items" is not enough. I play Season because of the fresh start, but I guess adding more stuff would be more attractive and rewarding.