Do you have an incentive for keep playing Seasons?

General Discussion
Cose I don't. Once I got to 70 and got all my Trans, I honestly don't see a reason as why should I keep playing Season 1 anymore... Why? Let me ask you "why"...

Why would I keep playing a game mode that only add a few legendaries that even tho they are not bad, they are not amazing, nor game changing or needed to end game and that eventuallt will be added to the normal game pool? I knos comparisons are hateful, but in this matter Path of Exile is far, far more advanced than RoS right now. Even tho I like RoS more in terms of gameplay, visual appealing, etc. I think PoE has much more to offer regarding CONTENT on Seasons (Leagues are called there). They keep the same pattern as here: you get new stuff, then SOME of that new stuff is added to the normal game pool... BUT! There, there's a BIG difference, and it's that what they add is REALLY game chaning. So much that you pretty much play another game, not only cose you start from scratch, but cose you have completely new stuff to deal with (Rogue Exileds, Corrupted Dungeons, Bosses Invading your game, Portals that summon new monsters with new affixes, etc.). All that added to the brand new ECONOMY (Trading) with also new Legendaries (Uniques). So I don't know, guys, I can deal with the BoA stuff, what I don't agree with is the amount of content that S1 brought to the table (which is pretty irrelevant tbh).

Why would I keep playing a mode where I am material/gold starving all the time, being forced to do bouties/rifts/grift, etc. all that PRAYING to the RNG gods that MAYBE they drop a Topaz so I can reroll a ring ONE TIME, just for it to fail and do ALL OVER AGAIN? Seriusly, the amount of materials you need to even reroll a single stat on a ring/ammy is retarded, more in a Season where unless you farm (GRIND) your brians out, you'll pretty much be starving for some gold/gems/FS, all the time. At most ask us a Topaz but NOT a ROYAL Topaz!

So basically that's it for me for the moment... Perhaps on S2 there will actually be NEW stuff to deal with and have fun. But for now, the amount of time Blizzard (being one of the biggest companies around) takes to bring new stuff, compared to much smaller companies, is just too much. They keep saying "we are working on it", "we are listening", etc. But the truth is when it comes to Development, other companies (not GGG with PoE in particular, but more in general) are not only faster but also far more creative regarding what gets into the game.

Exploiters? Nah, that's the least of my concerns, tho I do think that should be adressed already...

D3 has gone a long way and just NOW the game looks as how it should've been released on Day 1. But it's been 2 years already and I am the only one of my friends (12 in total) that's left playing the game, no one else wants to come back, no one else trust Blizz as I do to make D3 how it should have been in the 1st place, and I'm starting to feel they may be right.

I know some of you really like the game as it is right now, and I respect that, but I think it still has this massive potential to be so much more. Unexplored, uneploited... and it's not there yet, and I wonder how much longer will it take, or if it ever be at all.

My 2 cents...
The reason to play seasons for me is..
To proove Blizzard i am not trolling. And ofc... to get the 2 new ceremonial knives...(which i will probably never ever use as long hrere is not a 2nd weaponslot...)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12878287939?page=5#92

Almost paragon 300 now and still did not get to the point where i can go in any other area of the game to get more rewarded than by just killing ghom.

Blizzard felt funny to bann me because i was trolling (their opinion).

I can and will proove it now.
I do already know which items i need to make it possible to beat Ghom runs.
ANd i do already know that its pretty impossible to get them................

The whole season concept in DIablo3 feels wrong.
But its not because its content. Its because Blizzard fails or dont want to create an endgame.
To create an endgame can be SO EASY. THe only thing Blizzard needs to do is:
Loot at Diablo2 LoD

Less randomness and truely nice designed leg/set items + a real crafting system + runewords
Diablo3 offers like NOTHING. The gameplay of DIablo3 is already a success.
The only thing Blizzard need to add is more stuff to do with less randomness.

I got one conclusion.. In my eyes Blizzard does not want to create an endgame.
Why? because they dont use their own hack@slash history to improove the lootsystem.
Instead they do the opposite. On purpose!
09/16/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Neo

I got one conclusion.. In my eyes Blizzard does not want to create an endgame.
Why? because they dont use their own hack@slash history to improove the lootsystem.
Instead they do the opposite. On purpose!

Well, while I do think that the end game currently is kinda lackluster, I also think this is related to the content itself. What I mean is that the lack of creativy regarding new content is a vital part of why people gets bored so fast on Seanson 1, not to mention the game itself. I mean, even tho I play the game for fun mostly. I don't think I could play it otherwise becouse at one point it just becomes TOO repetitive, just TOO MUCH. There's almost no randomness where it matters (maps, for example) and that added to the amount of stuff you have to do/"deal with" in the game. It's almost as if every new idea the Devs have is somehow half thinked, if that makes sense, in the way that it doesn't even have to pass more than 1 week at most for people to already find either ways to explot the game or frustating brick walls to deal with that are not fun at all (Grifts, I'm looking at you). I'ts almost... as if after 2 years we are still in beta phase... It's sad but that's what it feels like.
I'm waiting for megaman to come into the picture.
I was going to play to lvl 70 and stop, but I am not so sure. Someone said that all paragon levels you ear in seasons are transfered to your non-seasonal characters when the season is up. Currently my non seasonal characters are p521. It's a long time between each level. Getting from p1-p300 in seasons is much quicker than getting from p521 to p621. Meaning that if those seasonal p levels are transferred at the end, it's a huge jump forward in paragon levels. Maybe I heard all of that wrong. Someone correct me if I did.
09/16/2014 09:20 AMPosted by Sardonnicus
I was going to play to lvl 70 and stop, but I am not so sure. Someone said that all paragon levels you ear in seasons are transfered to your non-seasonal characters when the season is up. Currently my non seasonal characters are p521. It's a long time between each level. Getting from p1-p300 in seasons is much quicker than getting from p521 to p621. Meaning that if those seasonal p levels are transferred at the end, it's a huge jump forward in paragon levels. Maybe I heard all of that wrong. Someone correct me if I did.

It's your total XP that is being transfered not the paragon levels.
Because some of us (players) find it to be rewarding (fun) to have a chance to truly (actually) start over.

Yes your paragon levels transfer, but obviously not level to level. It will be an experience point transfer. So the 200 levels you earn in season might net you 20 levels outside of the season. Some of you might only get 2-3 levels for all your work being very high already.

Sorry buddy it wouldn't be 1lvl for 1lvl, it'd be 1exp for 1exp. So yes you'd get a jump but like you said the difference between 1 - 300 is far less than the difference from 521 - 621.
the fresh start ofc

thats all the incentive everyone wanted and the only one they need
I'm playing seasons because my non-seasonal account wasn't very geared or very high-levelled. My DH on seasons is now way better than all my non-seasons. Higher levelled, too.

I'd definitely like to see a lot more seasonal-items next season. I think at the very least every class should get a new 6-set like Crusaders got with Roland's. That's at the very least. I think it'd be kinda neat for seasonal sets to have a unique visual effect of some sort once they roll over.

I'd definitely like to see new legendary rings that are so good they're preferable to RoRG. Getting so sick of that damn ring.
There are 2 ways blizzard could have done this

1) The way they did where most of the new content(GRifts, new gems) is given to everyone and a limited amount is given to seasons. Maybe a few different class play options opened up with the new legs, but that is about the only change.

2) Give 99% of those new features to seasons and have everyone go into seasons if they want to experience the new content.

Now I haven't played PoE so I don't know if #2 is what actually happened or if it was simply a lot more content given to both modes.

I do know that if they went with #2, I doubt I would be playing the game anymore. This is a gear collecting game, I can not stand starting over again. If 2.1 had come out and I literally got nothing new unless I started over, I don't know why I would continue playing my current characters. Yes, it would give me a reason to play seasons, but that wasn't happening anyway. I'd rather go play PoE honestly if I'm asked to just start over.

---

The devs choose #1 and for me at least that ends up being a good thing. For those that want more out of seasons and more reasons to start over I'm not sure if that will ever come.
I enjoy finding upgrades quickly and regularly. I wanted to start from scratch with all my friends again. I'm not super big into min maxing, I'm more of a journey over destination type guy. So yeah, seasons have been nice.
seasons sux
1. My friends are still playing it.

2. Every time I open the inventory on my non-seasonal character I get overwhelmed. So much crap to clean out. =X

Those are the only 2 things remotely keeping my interest in seasons.
@ the OP, if Path of Exile would just change the damn camera angle I would be playing the hell out of it. Seriously. Such a small issue but I just can't get used to the terrible camera angle. It is just brutal.
09/16/2014 09:28 AMPosted by BOSS
Because some of us (players) find it to be rewarding (fun) to have a chance to truly (actually) start over.

This is the only reason why i play seasons.
09/16/2014 09:28 AMPosted by Megabuster

Sorry buddy it wouldn't be 1lvl for 1lvl, it'd be 1exp for 1exp. So yes you'd get a jump but like you said the difference between 1 - 300 is far less than the difference from 521 - 621.

ok. cOOL. I guess the guy I was talking to last night was misinformed. Good to know all that.
I probably will never play season, unless they got ladder only item that I can not resist to wait 2+ months till they high non ladder.
09/16/2014 11:49 AMPosted by IMCL85
I probably will never play season, unless they got ladder only item that I can not resist to wait 2+ months till they high non ladder.

Well I have no problem with Ladders. I just hope Season 2 has more to offer than a mere of Legendaries, since as much as I enjoy starting the game all over, there's really no point to continue once you got to max lvl as the game is not different at all. They said they "may" change that, so fingers crossed, or idk, bb? We'll see...
playing fresh char tends to give better drop (it's based on my exp so don't go bashing at my statement) and it's fresh to start over and getting season only leg items in perf roll is always nice. It means you will have less grind for perf seasonal item when it rolls to non-ladder. And also if you ask is there a reason to play season? Then yes there maybe because blizz mentioned that items after season ends will roll into the item pool in non ladder(not final), they could make 'ladder only' items not rolled into non-ladder. So you never know what will happen. I would def not wanna miss out on stuff like krem's set which is fuking awesome both bracer and belt

If you are that bored after hitting 70, how bout you try a diff class with diff spec instead of same class like most people do M6 DH over and over. I never played monk and now I'm loving it and playing it on season ofc.