Electrocute Bug (confirmed)

Wizard
Hi Blizzard,

I have found a bug with the Electrocute skill. When using the Legendary Gem "Simplicity's Strength" at rank 25 the "Primary skills heal you for 2% of maximum health on hit." does not work with the rune "Chain Lightning" all other runes work just fine.

Please fix this as I was so happy to rank up my rune to 25 thinking It would work in my current build but it does not.

Other Wizard's feel free to confirm.
Doesn't work with WD/Wizards.

Working as intended.
09/15/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Ryken

Working as intended.

Nailed it.

Simplicity Strength doesn't work for Wiz or WD because they have zero primary skills. They have instead, signature spells and this is also why Depths Diggers does not work with them either.
.... seriously?

So just like those depth diggers eh?

Wizards can't get a damn break.
09/15/2014 08:07 AMPosted by TheCondemned
09/15/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Ryken

Working as intended.

Nailed it.

Simplicity Strength doesn't work for Wiz or WD because they have zero primary skills. They have instead, signature spells and this is also why Depths Diggers does not work with them either.

Then if thats the case why do it work with every other rune?
legendary gem, not rune.
09/15/2014 08:10 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
legendary gem, not rune.

Thanks. Edit Made
09/15/2014 08:10 AMPosted by icebeam
Nailed it.

Then if thats the case why do it work with every other rune?

"Why do it work". Let me to laugh for a second.........

It doesn't. It's more than likely you noticed it because of your LoH.

Either that, or it's bugged and by that I mean it shouldn't work at all. At any rate, you should definitely un-gem it.
I wanted to post this to clarify some things for people.

Unlike Depth Diggers the legendary gem Simplicity's Strength does not state primary skills "that generate resource" rather it just says primary skills.

With that said this gem should be working for Wizards and Witchdoctors even if Depth Diggers do not. I suspect that parts of the code Depth Diggers may have been used as a shortcut at some point and the gem ended up not getting it's proper effect for Wizards and Witchdoctors.

The most obvious reason this is clearly a bug is because all legendary gems work for all classes except for this case specifically which seems to suggest that all gems are supposed to work for every class and this is simply bug.
Actually the gem does work. If you actually look at the skill sheet all your skill damages go up. Right now my electro says 80% damage. The life on hit maybe bugged I don't know.
Wiz / WD shouldn't be using this gem anyway.

What's the issue?
Simplicity Strength doesn't work for Wiz or WD because they have zero primary skills.
Yes it does i have used it what people need to do is equip it then open up the character sheet and under damage look at the spells it will work on, it will show things like shock pule +% magic missals +% etc. It will only work on signature spells. Same goes for the Witch Doctor.
I've been using this for weeks and confirm it works. I got much more LoH compare to other gem. The wizard signature spell will work on gem, but not on depth digger. Not sure why people all lean to another build but I found MM + mirror ball + FB + simplicity strength can get so much damage output. Many times for bigger target, I just need 2 MM to reach the 3000% damage mark to trigger firebird effect. So much faster than molten impact with no cooldown.

I have not try the chain lightening to see if it is bugged, but it can be a quick test for me. I will need to try it after work though.
Haven't tested it myself, but I would bet that the heal scales with proc coefficients like every other heal proc.

That being said for chain lightning that would be

0.02 * 0.083 = 0.00166

Or 0.166% max life per tick you see on screen....yeah it's gonna be slow chain lightning is terrible for procing things.
I dunno what people are smoking in here (not you BDF) but the LoH from Simplicity strength does work on primary skills for Wizard.

I've made an entire build around it with Magic missile and getting 60-70k HP back per cast is nice (with 0 LoH, or regen on gear and PL)

Like BDF said, it's probably linked to the proc Coefficients and chain lightning isn't the best for that. MM is closer to 1 so it's easier to notice the effect.
should be 0.2 * 0.083 = 0.0166.

Adding the Velvet Camaral and Myken's Ball of Hate will boost the efficient to almost 0.332 (33.2%) pretty consistently.

Still, cannot compare the efficiency to mirror ball + MM conflag
09/15/2014 10:19 AMPosted by BDF
Haven't tested it myself, but I would bet that the heal scales with proc coefficients like every other heal proc.

What others are there? Would love to have an alternative to Hack for testing proc coefficients.
And as far as I know DHs are still sad because they can't even use Hack for all their "bow" skills. So that could be most useful.
09/15/2014 10:37 AMPosted by apo
09/15/2014 10:19 AMPosted by BDF

What others are there? Would love to have an alternative to Hack for testing proc coefficients.
And as far as I know DHs are still sad because they can't even use Hack for all their "bow" skills. So that could be most useful.

Well now that you called me on it, can't think of any off the top of my head...
09/15/2014 08:03 AMPosted by icebeam
I have found a bug with the Electrocute skill. When using the Legendary Gem "Simplicity's Strength" at rank 25 the "Primary skills heal you for 2% of maximum health on hit." does not work with the rune "Chain Lightning" all other runes work just fine.

You're correct about this being a bug, and thanks for bringing this up. I'm sure you're not the only one who has noticed. Right now Simplicity's Strength doesn't always proc its healing effect when it's supposed to. The good news is that it's something we're not only aware of, but something we're currently working on correcting, too. I don't have any more details on that to share just yet, but it is in the works.

Also, I'd like to confirm that Simplicity's Strength is meant to work with all Primary skills, which includes Witch Doctor and Wizard Signature skills.
09/15/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
09/15/2014 08:03 AMPosted by icebeam

You're correct about this being a bug, and thanks for bringing this up. I'm sure you're not the only one who has noticed. Right now Simplicity's Strength doesn't always proc it's healing effect when it's supposed to. The good news is that it's something we're not only aware of, but it's something we're currently working on correcting, too. I don't have more details on that to share just yet, but it is in the works.

Also, I'd like to confirm that Simplicity's Strength is meant to work with all Primary skills, which includes Witch Doctor and Wizard signature skills.

How is it that Simplicitys Strenght works with wiz/wd primary skills yet you wont let depth diggers. ? Would it be too fun? Wouldnt want that.