The Three Top Unanswered Questions.

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
I was gonna quote both of you but in stead ill just say the last 2 posters had great ideas and feed back lets see more posts like this and really get some answers from these devs or at least give them some ideas on how to fix the problems melee are having and trials!
09/15/2014 12:23 AMPosted by Chrono
1. Whats the reasoning behind our single target dps Being so low?

So many relicts of the past in this game.

Wizard proc rates or barb spender weapon damage f.e. - so silly.

To be fair, spenders of other classes aren't better either. Theirs only become useful because they have legendary items that buff them, unlike us.

What game changing legendaries does barb have?
Lut Socks. That's it.
Vile Ward and Pride of Cassius doesn't change the playstyle so I don't count those.

That's just ridiculous.

2. If gems and other items is how you are fixing classes from now on, Where are the legendary gems and items that let us tank?

Nope sorry, barb is not allowed to either tank or have single target dps.

We are the grasshopper/ping-pong class.

(I guess that's what you get if people complain about barbs being a ballerina.)

I'd gladly be a ballerina again though. At least I could survive having lifesteal back then.

3.Is there a way that you can redesign trials so that there different and fair for all classes?

Or...simply remove this pointless nonsense?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14059367055?page=1

+1 for all your effort OP

We may not be the strongest or most fun to play class anymore, but we definitely haven't lost our voice. :)
Cerze i found your ideas beautiful!
if the things where the way u deascribed them i would have found playing the baba better by far.
really hope someone reads what u wrote down and start working on it. maybe it won't work as we are imagining but at least it's really worth a serious test on this!
Something needs to be done for melee and higher greater rifts. There is something wrong with your damage when the only viable tanking for GR's higher than 35 is a cooldown invincible monk...

The Barbarian is meant to fight in the thick of things. This is not possible in the current game. Damage is too high, white and elite mobs (even in T6 for certain builds).

New stuff like the diggers pants and simplicity gem for buffing primaries are useless to us. No barb can stand still in a fight to hit over and over with primaries. We get in, do damage, and get out, or we stun them over and over until theres 1 target left then we fight that one target for an hour or so....

The concept of simply scaling HP and damage for rifts screws melee and encourages the current meta:

1. Tank Monk aggros, pulls and controls mobs
2. Witch doctor support spams Big Bad Voodoo with Starmetal+CDR. Does nothing else
3. Demon hunters place sentries, run as far as they can, and occasionally move a little bit MAYBE

^That is extremely lame and boring way to play the game, and shuts out every other class.

GR HP scaling is fine, but the damage scaling needs to cut off at around GR 30-32. Re-design electrified and fire chains so melee can deal with it, and add new methods of difficulty instead of just simply increasing damage of monsters across the board. More tactical options, more attack telegraphs or cues, new affixs that show up after GR 30, stuff that involves SKILL to overcome and not exploiting broken mechanics.....

Mentioned prior, build diversity is at an all time low. Raekors with Vile or bust. If you want to push onto the leaderboards there is a singular build for you. The other ones simply are not good enough by far. Most of the new gems not good enough to consider using. New gear and skill buffs are not nearly as much as what is needed....
You barbs are being awesome lets get some more input in here!

And as always I stream guys I am starting the stream up right now so hop in if you wanna talk about these issues live!

http://www.twitch.tv/lorendawe
Great discussion going on here, guys.

Regarding Chrono's second point, we do have plans to add more Legendary Gems to the game in the future, including those that are more defense-oriented. We don't have a time frame to share for when the next batch of Legendary Gems will be added just yet, though.

In the meantime, we've been keeping a close eye on your gem suggestions, so if you've got an idea...let us know!
09/19/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Tyvalir
if you've got an idea

Well, with current damage scaling of Greater Rifts the only defensive-oriented gems that will be helpful, imho, are something along the lines of...

1.0.2 forcearmor effect + cheatdeath secondary. (chance to have the nephalem spirits of your class revive you.)
Not a gem idea, but I think GRift scaling on damage should be an exponential decay instead of just flat increasing multiplier.

Doing so should let the damage still go up with each floor but in a less rage-inducing manner.
(HP can still go up in the same manner as before)
09/19/2014 04:30 PMPosted by RoflCat
Not a gem idea, but I think GRift scaling on damage should be an exponential decay instead of just flat increasing multiplier.

Doing so should let the damage still go up with each floor but in a less rage-inducing manner.
(HP can still go up in the same manner as before)

This point spot on suggestion, and has been discussed positively many times.
Also my suggestion which hasn't had too much feedback I've brought up many times is just having a hardcap on dmg monsters do. Somewhere in the 33-35 grift lvl range. Only monster health would increase after that.

Regarding Chrono's second point, we do have plans to add more Legendary Gems to the game in the future, including those that are more defense-oriented. We don't have a time frame to share for when the next batch of Legendary Gems will be added just yet, though.

In the meantime, we've been keeping a close eye on your gem suggestions, so if you've got an idea...let us know!

Hmmm, should have left boon of the hoarder/goldwrap combo alone in grifts maybe. And if the defensive ones are like the couple we have now, they will still be unused. Cuz frankly, moratorium and that other onenwhatever it's called are not worth a spot at all. You give up too much damage and get squat for survivability in the trade off. Pretty stupid.

I've lvl'd a moratorium up to 40 to see what's up with it and it's so useless it's not even funny. You'll still die on those situations that would kill you anyway. It does not make any significant difference in survivability. Totally negligeable.
Yes I agree 100% about moratorium its not good at all I too have a lvl 40 one and its just sitting in my stash never to be used.. Its worthless the way its set up maybe increase its dmg % range to like 50 or even 75 that would make it usable... Maybe?

Finally got a blue poster to look at the thread guys great work!

Lets keep this going though its pretty important to show them what we think so they can make better decisions!

Well the dmg income is crazy in higher rifts. so def gems will be NEEDED to do them. but this makes dmg gems useless. what about a better balancing in higher rifts, more speccs and builds viable in high rifts. better stats on items, reduce the amount of needed rare legedaires make more of them viable too.
if u dont dont the future is:
all dh play the same specc, with the same items the same gems.....all barbs play the same.....and so on. bringing def gems for high rifts wont change anything without real balancing
Great discussion going on here, guys. Regarding Chrono's second point, we do have plans to add more Legendary Gems to the game in the future, including those that are more defense-oriented. We don't have a time frame to share for when the next batch of Legendary Gems will be added just yet, though. In the meantime, we've been keeping a close eye on your gem suggestions, so if you've got an idea...let us know!

Thanks for one answer... but what about our single target damage issue? We will still have to fight for 5-7 minutes the Rift Guardians?
Make some seasonal legendary gems next time! That will sweeten the pot a great deal.
Kinda want to chime in to all who are saying that monks are doing better than barbs. NO zdps does not count as damage that is why it is zero dps we hate it. We can't tank any better than barbs and frankly because your sets force you to be mobile you take less hits, monks have to stay and eat all of it, also to add to that our only source of damage is an area proc, not a skill but a proc and procs already received their nerf.
I agree that melee is in a bad state but nobody has the right to say that they are in a worse state than monks for damage output with our tanking ability. And since we like to use meta of GR level stats only 2 monks have hit 40 i the world so far, in north america, there are 6 barbs above that.
09/18/2014 11:42 PMPosted by Cerze
I'd like to see:

1) Barbs do X % more damage depending on how hurt they are. This has a lot of ramifications. Helps even out ranged/melee disparity.

2) Barbs take X% less damage depending on how hurt they already are. A lot of ramifications as well like #1.

if u wanna work on gems u should defo give a chance to these

09/19/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Blackglitch
We can't tank any better than barbs and frankly because your sets force you to be mobile you take less hits

monk just tanks better cuz pulls mobs faster than baba and keeps walking while pulling + increases up to 80% the dmg of the group with his skills + increases movement speed (baba skills increasing group dmg are cleave 10%, rend 10%, ancients chance to critical hit mobs increased by 10% but if a baba wants to use them all is not a tank anymore. monk + lame fear wd = easy over 45 g rift, baba + lame fear wd = fail).

I wanna try a raekor tank and see what happens cuz never tryed yet but still i doubt will work without significant buffs to the group dmg
09/19/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Blackglitch
Kinda want to chime in to all who are saying that monks are doing better than barbs. NO zdps does not count as damage that is why it is zero dps we hate it. We can't tank any better than barbs and frankly because your sets force you to be mobile you take less hits, monks have to stay and eat all of it, also to add to that our only source of damage is an area proc, not a skill but a proc and procs already received their nerf.
I agree that melee is in a bad state but nobody has the right to say that they are in a worse state than monks for damage output with our tanking ability. And since we like to use meta of GR level stats only 2 monks have hit 40 i the world so far, in north america, there are 6 barbs above that.

At least Monks have a spot in a party of DH's.
I feel the need to chime in here as well. I recently acquired the gear for a Raekor's setup (albeit a poor one). I have all 6 classes at the T6 level and I can't believe how poor the barb's single target damage is. If there are no other mobs around it can take like what seems forever to kill the RG. That's before we even talk about how fragile he is. The way this class plays right now, it does not deserve to be called a Barbarian. It is an absolute embarrassment and should probably be renamed to "Pussycat".
09/19/2014 06:01 PMPosted by LuKanO
monk just tanks better cuz pulls mobs faster than baba and keeps walking while pulling + increases up to 80% the dmg of the group with his skills + increases movement speed (baba skills increasing group dmg are cleave 10%, rend 10%, ancients chance to critical hit mobs increased by 10% but if a baba wants to use them all is not a tank anymore. monk + lame fear wd = easy over 45 g rift, baba + lame fear wd = fail).

Would you accept blizz making barb's only end game build a zdps support class build?
get rid of scaling and increase the need for skill

make mob A.I. increase... also give them crazy affixes but don't push their health and damage to the moons