Hellfire Amulet: Make it Stat + CHC or CHD Standard

Items and Crafting
This is not a complaint post, it is a reality check on what to expect with the Hellfire Amulet and suggestion to make it more in line with a single end game item.

Right now I am on my 72nd crafting of the Hellfire Amulet. In the ubers community I have met many people who are well over 100 + craftings of this now. Rarely you meet the guy who won the lotto in under 10-20 crafts got an amazing one.

The point is the far majority have worked weeks and many many hours and even with 100+ craftings you can't expect the current odds to line up to roll a good amulet. I have gotten one great amulet for if I were jade, but I am not, and plan on stay pet WD. I have gotten 2 perfect rolled amys only to have a terrible passive, most the rest are trash. Again, with its current system I am not surprised at all with 72 made not one has fit the bill, double this would not surprise me.

Hellfire needs 3 out of 4 stats to roll good and then also a good passive, good passives usually being 5-6 tops out of all of them, its a ton of RNG as there are many options it can roll on stats. Also a good chance if it rolls CHD it will be a lower roll, below 80%. (more likely than not since the range starts at 50%)

I played for months prior to this and saved up 1.8k souls, I am already down to 950 and I can easily see getting to the lowest I'd go of 300 with no good amulet made. Many people are already just trying to farm up 10 souls so they can make one more with little chance it will even roll decent.

For all these reasons I propose the change again of Hellfire Amulet to roll with Intell/Str/Dex stat and CHC or CHD. You are still looking at an easy 100 craftings likely to get a good one this way, right now it could take many more then 100 to get a really good one.

**Final note, this Amulet is a total grind, and not in any way a fun process (cept ubers groups). For an end game item I see the time into about 100 craftings as fair, but with such a tedious process going beyond that ends up ruining the game experience. Right now you should expect well beyond 100 for a really good one amulet.

Thank you.

EDIT: Good points by those below on socket. I have made the edit, pretty much everyone wants CHD or CHD so either would work, I don't expect both.
+1,at least 1 additional stat should be fixed along with the primary...

let it be socket, Crit chance or Crit dmg... i dont mind

/signed
09/17/2014 03:03 AMPosted by Fenice86
+1,at least 1 additional stat should be fixed along with the primary...

let it be socket, Crit chance or Crit dmg... i dont mind

/signed

I would prefer 3 fixed rolls. But if I can only get 2, then it will be socket and CHC. Not even requiring main stat because in a perfect quadfecta, main stat will be rerolled to socket.
I did a few hellfire amulets recently....not even one could compare with my current one, even with a extra passive.

Its kinda sad, wasted pretty many hours farming keys and organs (this was before they gave 100% T6 drop for organs)
dislike, not every build wants a socket on an amulet. I'd rather sacrifice a stat on rings for a socket because most rings cant roll elem dmg but amulets can roll them therefore I might prefer a socket on a ring instead of my amulet.

Making this automatically roll would make RNG 100x worse for people who don't want that stat. The only workaround I could see would be we choose 1 extra stat that we want to guarantee on it in additional to which main stat we want.
Hotfix: Ramaladni's Gift now also works on amulets and rings. just wait for it :)
I could live with the amulet rng if the process of grinding out the keys wasn't so totally !@#$ing boring. I mean really Blizzard, buff the organ drop rates to 100% at T6 and leave the key drop rate at 50%... /facepalm decision that one.

Do away with the crappy run-around-the-entire-zone-to-find-one-single-monster-to-kill phase and I could accept all sorts of RNG in the amulet crafting process.
I like the idea of having another stat being guaranteed, but disagree with it being a socket. I'd rather it have one of these guaranteed:

• 9-10 CC
• 80-100 CD
• 20-25% random elemental damage

Or even have it be a guaranteed elemental damage, but you get to pick which type, and have the cost be increased to 20 souls.

It's current state is really lame as there is too much RNG involved to justify the time put in just to craft one of these things, let alone 100.
Or add item that add socket to amulets and rings.
Good points in the replys so far that not everyone wants a socket, I have updated this to Stat + CHC or CHD, either would be a good solution.
only 1/5 on my DH ammy and I play higher Grifts no problem. I'll eventually do better but it's not terribad....
Stat
CHD

Secondary Damage Reduction

2 Guaranteed good primaries. One guaranteed good secondary, since it's a "real" DR bonus.
My second one had the Finery Passive for Crusader which was nice, + holy skill damage, and Critical hit damage, but all had baseline rolls. +15% holy skill damage. +51% CHD, +650 str. No socket, No CDR. Not really viable for my crusader. It was nice to get the passive I was looking for, but the rest of the stats just gimp my sader to much. Not ideal when it comes to the ammount of farming and work it takes to make just one of these.
09/17/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Redskullz
Hotfix: Ramaladni's Gift now also works on amulets and rings. just wait for it :)

Would be awesome... if they actually dropped in game.
I would like to be able to select one stat on the ammy and let the rest be rolled by chance. It would give you a higher probability of getting good stats, but still lots of random
I could care less for STR/DEX/INT w/e as a primary stat.

I want one with CHC/CHD/ELEM and a socket.

Ain't going to happen, stupid system, RNG is RNG whatever. Complete and utter waste of time. Slap in the face when you get half way decent stats only to find out the passive is completely useless.

3 Weeks now of GR's and I haven't found a useable legendary either, same useless junk over and over again day after day. 510 PG Levels, God forbid a Furnace actually drop so I can break into higher GRifts like the other lucky SOBs up there....

Sorry to hijack, venting.....
09/17/2014 04:13 AMPosted by Browntown3
dislike, not every build wants a socket on an amulet. I'd rather sacrifice a stat on rings for a socket because most rings cant roll elem dmg but amulets can roll them therefore I might prefer a socket on a ring instead of my amulet.

Hm? You can roll off more than just +damage on amulets. Granted not all legendary gems are equal, but I'm having trouble coming up with a situation in which that third gem wouldn't be immensely more beneficial than +main stat on an amulet.

What builds exist that wouldn't benefit from a amulet socket?
why don't you just ask for a button that gives u every single item in the game and 10 billon gold?

if every single time you get the best rolls, then there's no sense of achievement.

they removed the rng from organs. i think this is enough.

if you don't like it, then don't craft it.
09/17/2014 08:20 AMPosted by Chorro
why don't you just ask for a button that gives u every single item in the game and 10 billon gold?

if every single time you get the best rolls, then there's no sense of achievement.

they removed the rng from organs. i think this is enough.

if you don't like it, then don't craft it.

You don't think there might be some middle ground between "`Over 100 crafts and no acceptable stat combinations" and "being given items for free"?
The fact that a squirts neckless and bt ammy has better guaranteed rolls out of the gate over a HF ammy kinda shows you where Blizz's head is lol Since Leg gems and sockets are so important now, why not allow Gifts work on HF ammy? Or force HF to roll socket?

I stopped making HF ammys after 20 or so, your better off using a blue ammy you find int he ground 99.99999999999% of the time

Round up keys (not 100%)
Make machines
Kill ubers for organs
Make HF ammy

Hope it rolls decent primary
Hope it rolls cc or chd or asi
Hope it rolls socket
Hope it rolls a passive you have used in the past 2 years.

Cry...

There is a lot of hoping going on.

How about an option of (3) random Passives and when you ID you can lock it on 1 of the 3 possible passives it rolls? 3 chances is much better then 1.