Hellfire Amulet: Make it Stat + CHC or CHD Standard

Items and Crafting
I agree cause I got the most piece of a fuk hellfire amulet ever after grinding for 4 hours. I had vit low dex and life regen plus a socket I mean wtf is that. So I quit going for another hellfire amulet, until something gets changed with the stats.
09/17/2014 08:22 AMPosted by d34th
09/17/2014 08:20 AMPosted by Chorro
why don't you just ask for a button that gives u every single item in the game and 10 billon gold?

if every single time you get the best rolls, then there's no sense of achievement.

they removed the rng from organs. i think this is enough.

if you don't like it, then don't craft it.

You don't think there might be some middle ground between "`Over 100 crafts and no acceptable stat combinations" and "being given items for free"?

Woah... that would require common sense. Having common sense is dangerous business around these parts.
09/17/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Redskullz
Hotfix: Ramaladni's Gift now also works on amulets and rings. just wait for it :)

For what? the gift or the hotfix? i guess it doesnt matter, neither one will likely happen. :)
09/17/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Redskullz
Hotfix: Ramaladni's Gift now also works on amulets and rings. just wait for it :)

This would be too much power to have in three slots.
09/17/2014 08:22 AMPosted by d34th

You don't think there might be some middle ground between "`Over 100 crafts and no acceptable stat combinations" and "being given items for free"?

Well stated and this is exactly the point of my post. As I said I am not complaint. I will keep grinding this amulet as my souls allow me , because its a goal of mine. Again at 72 crafted I do not feel at all unlucky, so much rng means I could see this easily going over 200 and still not having one. I thinka middle ground is in order.

I wish the process were more "fun" but that won't stop me

I made this post to bring attention to a end game item that should be challenging to make but right now after having done 72 myself and talking to many people in ubers with over 100 crafted I think there is a middle ground that allows us to work hard and earn this amulet but also not so out of line that people are spending 8 hours a day for weeks and losing all there souls for one game item.

* I should note I have a pretty well geared shotgun sader with perma steed for very quick key farming. I tried farming this on my main WD but it was over 2 times slower, meaning instead of 2 weeks it would have been 4+ to get where I am at.

Thank you for this reply again. it hits the nail on the head, This amulet can be adjusted to be still hard to earn and farm for but without the level of rng where you lose all your souls and go well over 100 crafts and still maybe not get a good one.

There are many good ideas in this post so far, please keep them coming. Hopefully Blizzard will listen and make some minor adjustments to make this something people really feel its worth working towards.
I am so happy I found this topic, I was in the process of farming the mats, it seems it's just wasted time.
Thank you all !!!
Lets face it, Blizz only wants to coax you into buying their game.

Then 2 things happen:
You get bored and quit the game.
You ragequit because your idea of expected progress gain =/= real progress gained.

Either way, Blizz got their money and you're not using up their servers. Then they can lower the monthly expense on server quality as popularity dwindles.

So to get you to ragequit, lets make the most use of RNG on extremely rewarding achievements.
Like crafting the last thing you'll ever need to say you've done all you could to "finish" this game.

Once you end up doing so, start/continue another class and repeat the entire hellhole experience again please. Until you run into one of the 2 scenarios listed earlier.
Now that there's 100% drops from the uber bosses, then there really isn't any valid reasons to complain about the Hellfire amulet. I've got 2 nice amulets myself within 5 hours. Check out my characters Kratos and 战神.
09/17/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Godamnyou
Now that there's 100% drops from the uber bosses, then there really isn't any valid reasons to complain about the Hellfire amulet. I've got 2 nice amulets myself within 5 hours. Check out my characters Kratos and 战神.

You are right, because you got very lucky no one else should say anything. As I said this isnt a complaint, its stating facts based on my experience. I am at over 90 crafted amulets now and others are well over 100 with nothing, I am again, actually not complaining about that either, I expect it could take many many more for that intell/chc/chd socket and good passive amy. because this was not your experience does not mean this system is working well. Clearly for one slot having over 100 crafted amulets and the weeks and weeks of work that takes to achieve is extreme, again this for some is with nothing good rolling due to the high level of RNG on the amulet currently.
Delete this thread please.
101 crafted amulets and got a good one finally. Again as I stated, I expected at least this many with the levels of RNG on the amulet. Running 6-8 hours a day this takes about 3 weeks if you have geared and fast character like a perma steed sader, without your looking at 4-5 weeks of this level of play to craft that many amulets, this is if you do nothing else. You may get lucky in first 20 crafted but odds are against that.

Again changing base stats would put this more in line with under 100 crafts for a good amulet, still very end game and not easy but not off putting. Right now very few people are bothering to get this amulet.
What do you guys think of the idea of just allowing the Mystic to allow you to re-roll two affixes on ammys and rings instead of one?
09/18/2014 06:05 AMPosted by OOO
What do you guys think of the idea of just allowing the Mystic to allow you to re-roll two affixes on ammys and rings instead of one?

Love it=)
After all the time crafting Hellfires over and over for my Demon Hunter, I am deciding that this item just isn't worth farming for. The current stats the item has a chance to roll are the same from that of any other junk legendary all of us get on a daily basis. We are salving to make this item though and it shouldn't be rolling with such useless stats. There needs to be more options other than picking its primary stat. Greater rifts are showing that to progress, gems are needed to assist the challenge. The reason they added Ramaladni's was because they recognized that if a weapon didn't have a socket and a useful stat that it was useless and too many items were rolling with one or the other. The same thing goes for Rings and Amulets now. The Hellfire should not be comparable to normal trash we already spend time to obtain. If items are not added to add a socket to Amulets and Rings, then at least make it so that the Hellfire won't fall into that category. The random passive is not enough to balance the effort needed to obtain the item. Even with your classes best passive for your build, if you end up with a bit of Vitality and CDR you are still miles behind a regular Ouroboros which more often than not will roll more useful stats and is easier to trans for a socket without taking a huge hit to the items effectiveness. The game has come a long way since its release and I have given it its credit where it was due, but if they can acknowledge the problem with weapons, they should have been able to predict that with the new gems, Amulets and Rings would need the same treatment. It would've been a lot easier on them and the community if they did it all at the same time.

QQ=Me
First 1 i tried, turned out alright, not the best but still got lucky.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JediKnighT-1712/hero/47542223
09/20/2014 07:01 PMPosted by JediKnighT

Getting one with just CHC is easy, the whole point is getting one with CHC, CHD, AND a useful passive. The remainder random stat can be used for the 3rd legendary socket.
09/20/2014 07:01 PMPosted by JediKnighT

Its a good example of what you might see for hundreds of rolls. Has some ok stats, no where near end game. Not having the socket or for some the ele damage is a major DPS difference and part of what makes the amulet a game changer. In order for this amulet to really make the difference in needs the chc/chd combined with whatever combination of stat/socket/ele damage is best for that player AND a good passive to boot. You will see many close calls. I had several with all the stats, for me intell/chc/chd and socket and... terrible passive. Just one item off and really they should be turned into a soul unless you have no decent regular amulet.
I've played Diablo for quite a while now, with plenty of time off in between, so I know the grind. I played pre-paragon levels and farmed A3 with wonderful asian farmers.

I started a season wizard a week ago, farmed up enough keys to make 3 hellfire amulets and on my 3rd craft the neck was as follows

19% Cold Damage
720 Int
91% Crit Damage
8% Crit Chance

Glass Cannon Passive

I won the D3 crafting lottery.
As I excepted, those are such rare stats to role. I have crafted 17 amulets and not a single amulet with critical hit chance or damage on it. Blizzard really needs to increase the chance of critical hit chance and damage to roll on these amulets. I really don't care what passive I get; just that I get one with critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and a socket.
05/15/2016 01:08 PMPosted by Avatar
Blizzard really needs to increase the chance of critical hit chance and damage to roll on these amulets.

They already made it significantly faster to get a good one with adding a guaranteed socket and making the wardens drop the machines directly instead of needing a key from each warden to make one machine.