Rename character button

General Discussion
Please add one to the game. if only to satisfy my OCD with the crappy character names i come up with on the fly. not sure why this cant be done easily from a programming perspective. unless the name is tied to a key in the DB or some loot table somewhere. I really dislike leveling a new character for an hour or two just to change the name/gender.

in b4 people say im whining, im not, just a simple request and not game breaking.

:) thank you!
I would love to rename. I guess another option is to make a new one and then swap gear after you level it. But sucks to have to spend hours leveling just for a new name.
This is why I take time to give my characters decent names to begin with.
Even this button is not important the game, I don't mind to have this
09/17/2014 07:44 AMPosted by Stinkoman
Please add one to the game. if only to satisfy my OCD with the crappy character names i come up with on the fly. not sure why this cant be done easily from a programming perspective. unless the name is tied to a key in the DB or some loot table somewhere. I really dislike leveling a new character for an hour or two just to change the name/gender.

in b4 people say im whining, im not, just a simple request and not game breaking.

:) thank you!

I too would like to to see some dynamic where you could change a character's name. Sometimes you just happen to find the right items to make a certain build and that inspires you to change the name to something more fitting. For example, my SC DH is "Quiver", which I think is a good name, but she has been using Chakrum as a primary for years now and "Chakra" would be more suited to her.

Perhaps a very rare drop, like Ramaldin's Gift, could drop that would allow one character (in thatcore account, i.e. Softcore or Hardcore) to have a name change, otherwise it could be sold for 50k gold.

It does my heart good to see mature and polite requests put forward on the General forums!
You hardly ever get to see the name of your character, I hope they don't waste there time and man power(most likely a small team considering.) on such trivial things such as a character name no one will ever see.
People have been asking for this functionality since back in 2012. Would love to see it, but I don't think it'll happen.
It's a simple, great, quality of life improvement that the Dev team should gladly provide to its community. That said, it will never happen. :(
09/17/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Gerandar
You hardly ever get to see the name of your character, I hope they don't waste there time and man power(most likely a small team considering.) on such trivial things such as a character name no one will ever see.

Just like you didn't waste any time on learning the English language:

- "their" vice "there";
- "manpower" vice "man power", and there is a space after "manpower" and "("; and
- I'll leave what is inside "()" alone because it could be considered a form of poetic English, but you really don't need the period.

Just to clarify:

their
[ T͟He(ə)r ]
determiner
belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified:
"her taunts had lost their power to touch him"
used in titles:
"a double portrait of Their Majesties"