It's Tinfoil Time

Wizard
09/18/2014 04:13 AMPosted by Vilemn
I've been gambling for TnT's for a month now and grew tired of it. So I started gambling for 2 handers when I'm left with around 150 shards for every 500 that I have. Kadala was nice enough to give me a gg Furnace. I'm still gambling for TnTs but I save a few for some amulets now. Hopefully I'll be as lucky. =D

This always seems to happen to me which is why I included it in the OP.

I was gambling for Mauraders chests for about a week and never got one on my DH. I switch to gloves and before I spent even 100 blood shards I had mauraders gloves, perfect trifecta magefists, and a pair of sunwukos for my eventual monk.
You ca say whatever you want, but since 2.1 is out I have seen too many RoRG drop and I even found many many more hard too find items than before. So Tinfoil or not, the Ninja changes are real.
Keeps level 3. Hasn't failed me yet for rama gifts.

You just gotta think about REAL hard while clearing any keep level.

And it will drop. Worked for me every time so far!
Never found a winter flurry until 2 days ago. I had my furnace equipped, first time having it equipped, I gambled 3 winter flurries in 1 inventory size. That's like less than 100 shards.

What you are wearing influences what you can gamble. Wearing something new slides the scale in favour of other items that are new.
09/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by gudmugly
What you are wearing influences what you can gamble. Wearing something new slides the scale in favour of other items that are new.

damn that's brilliant. I'm going to give this a try this evening to see if anything good comes of it.
Found my furnace in a lvl 13 GR in he tileset of those ruins in Act 5. I'm so bad with names of places... Anyways, was logged in for about an hour or two maybe. Only item of it's class that dropped during that playthrough. I stayed in the same game. I think I ran bounties on act 1 T6 solo to get a few keys so I could play for a bit before that.

Found my first goblin vault in Act 1 during the bounty Clear Den of the Scavenger (I think that's what it's called. Den of something or other). Played for a few minutes and it was the frst gob I saw. Logged out for a few hours to do mommy stuff, came back and played for a bit and found another one in Act 3 during the kill the aspect of something or other quest. First gob there, too. Haven't seen one since.

Kadala has never given me !@#$ %^-* that !@#$% I have nothing nice to say about her whatsoever omfgihateyousomuch

RNG is RNG to me. I'd love to /think/ that I could find something super secret method of doing something and convince myself that it's real, but I just can't. I mean if you read the above it's like everything I get kind of just happened by coincidence. I found my only Ramaladni's (which I used on my Furnace) on my Crusader and I had been grinding for one for like..weeks on my wiz... so maybe I can tinfoil and say that Crusaders have a higher chance of dropping Ramaladni's since it dropped like 3 rifts in to playiing?
09/18/2014 11:39 AMPosted by Allybuscus
so maybe I can tinfoil and say that Crusaders have a higher chance of dropping Ramaladni's since it dropped like 3 rifts in to playiing?

Perhaps. This does go in line with someone else's statement earlier in the thread that playing a fresh character will give you better droprates than playing a character you've logged a ton of time on
I love me some tinfoil hat.

I'll try to contribute some semi logical tinfoil hat to this thread: Loot tables.

Ever notice that if you create a game, and run rift after rift, over and over again without closing that game, you'll eventually get the same legendaries to drop multiple times? That's because of loot tables.

As a software person in real life, I have to assume Blizzard cannot generate loot tables dynamically everytime a new game is created and have it update on the fly as you play. I think what they do is maybe create a list of let's say 20 legendaries that can possibly drop in a game (exact number isn't important - the important part is this is a finite and relatively small table). Then they do some random generator and assign 20 random legendary item id's to that table.

So for example I create a new game. In this game, only - Magefists, Firebirds Helm, Unity, etc (where the rest of the table is junk legendaries) can drop. The game is on T5, so there's is a certain % of the items that will be legendaries that drop. For example, let's say the dice can roll 1-100. If it rolls 1-50, a blue random item drops. If it rolls 51-95, a yellow random drops. If it rolls 96-100, a legendary drops. Everytime an item drops, it does the dice roll and if a legendary item drops, it randomly picks something from the table to drop.

What does this mean? Well in my case a Unity dropped in a game I was playing. It was my first in seasons. I kept the game open as long as possible, running rift after rift and gambling all my shards towards rings. After 3 hours, I got a second Unity from Kadalaa. Gambling and random drops work off of the same system.

What does this also mean? Don't keep in the same game for more than 3-4 rifts if what you are getting are crappy legendaries. I like to restart my game after every 3 rifts to REFRESH the loot table. Now there's a chance that Furnace was on the loot table, and I haven't hit it yet - but I think that chance is pretty low.
Oh, forgot to mention also that *tinfoil hat time* I believe Kadalaa loads the legendary loot table more with items types you are gambling for, than with items you were not.

In my experience, if I'm gambling for a particular item, over and over and over again - without gambling for something else. After a few rifts I seem to get more of that item type to drop. For example I was looking for Strongarm bracers. Spent nearly 2000 shards on bracers (and only bracers). Noticed I was getting both set and leg bracers to drop from my rifts, and eventually got the Strongarms I was looking for.

Perhaps that's why the shard limit is so low - so Blizzard will know how to populate your loot table.
Since the season began I have found 3 MLW with my season char, never found one before that.
09/18/2014 02:43 PMPosted by Fede
Since the season began I have found 3 MLW with my season char, never found one before that.

I actually have this theory that Blizzard bumps magic find or drop rates heavily at the beginning of big patches to make people excited about playing again. Then, after some period of time they nerf them down to their previous state again. I think when they removed the community buff we lost our hidden magic find buff. I found full firebirds for my wizard within 24 hours of reaching level 70 in seasons, since then I've gotten crap for drops!
I do 3 rifts no leg I make a new game.. But last night I got to thinking I haven't found one R. Gift since 2.1 and I am thinking maybe if I play on a different char one will drop... oh the suspicion!
09/19/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Dropsy
I do 3 rifts no leg I make a new game.. But last night I got to thinking I haven't found one R. Gift since 2.1 and I am thinking maybe if I play on a different char one will drop... oh the suspicion!

Maybe I can help you here.

Tinfoil: Activated

1. Finding fewer legendaries is actually a good thing. It means your loot table consists of rarer items, so when a legendary does drop it's more likely to be that furnace/string of ears/stone of jordan/unity that you were looking for!

2. Ramaladni gifts are proven to drop out of breakable objects and chests most often. This is a proven tinfoil fact. Break everything you see!

3. Playing a new character certainly does increase your RNG, but you're still subject to loot specific drops. If you want an int furnace and you can't seem to find one, maybe try out a witch doctor!