Simple question: IS BOTT BUG FIXED?

Monk
not all builds are SWK, if there is a problem with BotT and frozen not working properly then is should be fixed.
09/20/2014 12:29 PMPosted by IRoNoRE
not all builds are SWK, if there is a problem with BotT and frozen not working properly then is should be fixed.

this effects more than just builds using swk, but anything with anything that can proc.
09/18/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Caelum
Oh my god Nevalistis please tell me you're only temporarily confused, and you actually reported the proper bug to the devs earlier this quarter.

09/19/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Caelum
Nevalistis please. We'll totally forgive you if you can confirm that the right bug has been passed on to the relevant devs. No big deal, everybody makes mistakes.

Ack, sorry for giving you all a heart attack! The Set bug has definitely been reported and investigated by our QA and development teams. This particular bug is proving somewhat stubborn, but we’re working to get a fix implemented as quickly as possible. Right now, that’s looking to be a client-side patch, though depending on testing, it may not make the next one.

My apologies for confusing the two! It’s certainly on our radar.
09/22/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Nevalistis
09/18/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Caelum
Oh my god Nevalistis please tell me you're only temporarily confused, and you actually reported the proper bug to the devs earlier this quarter.

Nevalistis please. We'll totally forgive you if you can confirm that the right bug has been passed on to the relevant devs. No big deal, everybody makes mistakes.

Ack, sorry for giving you all a heart attack! The Set bug has definitely been reported and investigated by our QA and development teams. This particular bug is proving somewhat stubborn, but we’re working to get a fix implemented as quickly as possible. Right now, that’s looking to be a client-side patch, though depending on testing, it may not make the next one.

My apologies for confusing the two! It’s certainly on our radar.

how could it not make the next patch? what is more important than patching in bug fixes for the "awesome" endgame gems that you JUST spent 6months developing and implementing that are bugged and unusable? surely to god we dont have to wait 3months to be able to use the best gem in the game like every other class can?
^ stexx got a good point here, really.

Question to the diablo 3 quality assurance team:
How a gem that increases damage against mobs didnt affect a lot of important damage sources like item procs, and how that got past quality assurance?

I think they need to expand their standards and testing methods because, this is not the first obvious thing they have missed in the past, specially when it comes to new items.
#sad

My guess was when they 'fixed' the whole procs-proccing-procs (ie - Wreath proccing Mirinae before..) purposefully did not want legendary gems being boosted by other gems, so they unintentionally made it terrible for Monks. Alas.
Cool, so monks still aren't going to be able to use the arguably best melee legendary gem.

Good thing we're already so far ahead on the leaderboard.
09/22/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Colt
^ stexx got a good point here, really.

Question to the diablo 3 quality assurance team:
How a gem that increases damage against mobs didnt affect a lot of important damage sources like item procs, and how that got past quality assurance?

I think they need to expand their standards and testing methods because, this is not the first obvious thing they have missed in the past, specially when it comes to new items.

More and more I stop questioning the incompetence of the D3 quality assurance team, and wonder if such a team even exists at all ..
And what about targets that are SLOWED by cold damage?
Hmmm... so the procs proccing procs hotfix means Sunwoku clones are currently NOT gaining the damage of BoTT gem, even if it's rank 25 and you're in melee range at the point the clones detonate?
09/23/2014 07:02 AMPosted by Wired
Hmmm... so the procs proccing procs hotfix means Sunwoku clones are currently NOT gaining the damage of BoTT gem, even if it's rank 25 and you're in melee range at the point the clones detonate?

Yes.

And it is not doable with a hotfix, as she said.
Yes there are bugs in the game. There are bugs in every single freaking video game.

No, it's not always as easy as 'just patching it.'

In the meantime quit whining and use a different gem, a few weeks ago the gem didn't even exist and now you feel entitled to have it? Move on.
09/23/2014 09:25 AMPosted by AntiSora
Yes there are bugs in the game. There are bugs in every single freaking video game.

That's a completely fair thing to say, basically things take time, and patience is a virtue. Totally agree with that.

In the meantime quit whining and use a different gem, a few weeks ago the gem didn't even exist and now you feel entitled to have it? Move on.

THIS is where i start to have a problem, I think, if i understand this issue correctly, that people feel as though they are entitled to equality. As I understand it, OTHER classes can use the gem just fine. It's MONKS that cannot make full, effective use of it...
In that regard I understand people to be upset at not being able to use a tool effectively, that everyone else can use effectively... NOT that we feel we should have something, simply because it's there.... I.E QQ and the like
This is what I understand of the issue, I may be wrong about that.

Seeing as it's easily the best melee gem in the game, yeah, we'd like to be able to use it with our only competitive build. 20-25% dmg increase is definitely enough to make a big difference when it comes to GR progression.
The annoying thing is that other classes don't have this problem because their resource spenders are actually useful.
So this was reported durign PTR and several times after 2.1 release, they acknowledge this cannot get fixed with a hotfix, next patch pops out and its still not fixed, how can this issue not be prioritized?
I'm a coder, so I sympathise with devs working on difficult 'not working as intended' item interactions.

Remember how long it took to fix +% damage? When something is hard to fix, that means it touches a lot of pieces of code, all of which need to be checked, double and triple checked to not have game-breaking side-effects.

As Explode said, the reason this affects us most is because we rely on procs more than any other class and that is true because our skills are... how to put this politely?... somewhat lacking.

To me that is the real issue because it is killing our build diversity at the same time. Make SSS summon a shadow clone ie. work like barrage does. Fix the terribad skill proc rates. There is a lot that can be done.
09/23/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Gottan
So this was reported durign PTR and several times after 2.1 release, they acknowledge this cannot get fixed with a hotfix, next patch pops out and its still not fixed, how can this issue not be prioritized?

need minimap goblin icons obviously

Sounds like the wrong bug was passed on to the devs....