9/18 12:33am PDT Server Crash & HC Death

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Hey OP, did you ever stop to think that you could be asking the Baker to sell you Candy? He just simple cant.. not that he wont, he didnt set is business up for that service.

Maybe Blizzard just cant.. they didnt implement a way to recover destroyed/lost items and dead characters.
09/18/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Crim
I was playing my Hardcore Seasonal Wizard at the time (191 hours, well-geared)

191 hours since seasons released? Maybe it a sign to go outside.
09/18/2014 09:36 AMPosted by XSteelX
Maybe Blizzard just cant.. they didnt implement a way to recover destroyed/lost items and dead characters.

Accounts can be rolled back, yes. I remember this being possible because people used to dupe items in D3V by faking an account compromise after trading their items to second account, then getting a rollback.

It's 100% possible to rollback accounts. It's their hardcore policy, specifically regarding deaths caused by server failure, that needs to be changed.
09/18/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Red
09/18/2014 05:44 AMPosted by Crim
I was playing my Hardcore Seasonal Wizard at the time (191 hours, well-geared)

191 hours since seasons released? Maybe it a sign to go outside.

I prefer to play video games.
Unexpected development; I just had a second CSR respond to my ticket. Removing his/her name in their greeting for their privacy:

Game Master <removed> here, just following up on the case of the Hardcore death. Really sorry it happened in the first place, I know it can be like losing a loved one...albeit a virtual loved one that doesn't hug you ever, but still...it's harsh, I know. I am sorry for your loss.

I believe in all my time here I have ever only heard of one case where some kind of issue lead to any deviation from the default stance that Hardcore mortality is really and truly permanent.

Ultimately, that was not handled by the Customer Support staff though, so the best thing you and anyone else this happened to can do about it is what players did about it back then, which was to post the details of their experience on the forums like you did.

I really can't say how it will go, because it really only ever happened once to my knowledge, so it probably will not lead to those characters coming back from beyond the grave, but it is true it was the only thing that ever led to that for something even remotely like what you're reporting happened to you in this case.

Whatever happens, we wish you all the best!

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
09/18/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Odin
09/18/2014 06:11 AMPosted by Abendroth
You get to keep stashed gear, gold and paragons level which is already more than can be said from diablo 2 hardcore characters ...

In Diablo 2 someone could loot your corpse. Oh and you could play offline.

It also took a lot more time, playing legit, to get to a level where said gear could be used. And offline was borderline boring, with non randomised maps.
I don't get why they can't just err on the side of being forgiving. Sure, some people will abuse it, but their current policy comes at a cost too -- a cost to the legitimate and hard-working player base.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/588x644q90/673/SaJQu9.jpg
09/18/2014 10:11 AMPosted by noctred

Policies can, and sometimes should, be changed. Blizzard needs to take responsibility for server issues on their end.
09/18/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Crim
09/18/2014 10:11 AMPosted by noctred

Policies can, and sometimes should, be changed. Blizzard needs to take responsibility for server issues on their end.

No they really dont
If hockey team scores goal bouncing puck off the referee, the goal is still valid because the referee is part of the game.
Both monsters and Blizz can kill your HC character. The difference? Blizz pretends to be sorry.
an you wonder why 90% of softcore players don't play HC
I would like to ask why you play your Hardcore when first the front of the login site says they are having latency problems. You should take note right there. When I play my HC character and I see my Miliseconds going up I automatically get off that character.

It's not real tough to see the signs. Look for the sign that says "Bridge Out"
09/18/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Abendroth
09/18/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Odin

In Diablo 2 someone could loot your corpse. Oh and you could play offline.

It also took a lot more time, playing legit, to get to a level where said gear could be used. And offline was borderline boring, with non randomised maps.

Yes, good. Fight facts with opinions. Your argument has begun to crumble.
The forum won't let me quote after the redirect...

@Visionhero

I was not playing during the login issues that were present earlier in the day. I actually did wait until the notice was lifted to play. I was playing for a good six hours straight or so with absolutely no lag at all. Was around 170ms the whole time prior to the sudden Battle.net services crash.

Edit: If a notice was added later, it was when I was already logged in and playing for that stretch of time. I would have had no way to know if a message was on battle.net or not.

I'm not a stranger to hardcore. I don't play during bad weather, I didn't play during the Lizard attacks, etc. I had no way of knowing the whole of battle.net was going to fail.
09/18/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Circe

No they really dont

Really? What about the battle.net thing? That was going to become *policy* and it was changed before it even had time to get started. And yes that was before it was already put it, but things can and should be changed, just because you want to troll and act as if you *know* anything, is pathetic. Go back to your cave....

You said you played hardcore for 2 years? where were you when other peoples character died? oh thats right you didnt give a rats !@# the only reason you want this policy changed is because it will benefit you. stop being entitled you died, get over it.
Stop crying already, You played with the bull and got the horns!!! HC means FOR WHATEVER REASON you die, too god damn bad. Here is a thought for the HC nuts, play Softcore version and if you die, restart the character. Holy mother of god, But, but, it's not the same. It is exactly the same, only difference is you aren't having somebody else tell you that your character died and now you have to start over. If you die in Softcore for power outage, lag, server crash, spilled drink, dog unplugged computer, Pools on fire, solar flares, Whatever the stupid BullSh*t reason you don't like, You can just say well, I didn't really die, "My pool was on fire" and continue on playing your character like nothing happened and then live with the guilt that you cheated, for not starting over like you were playing HC, in a video game and have years of sleepless nights, all because you couldn't just admit that you died and didn't have the willpower to start over. In other words.......!@#$!!!! You die in HC for any reason= GAME OVER!!!!!