Paragon Levelling

General Discussion
Hey guys, just curious - what do you feel is the best way to level up paragon in patch 2.1?
Kill stuff...
09/18/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Agmo
Kill stuff...

I'm not sure why that made me laugh.....but it did. lol
Efficiency wise, is bounties or rifts or something else entirely better? Just looking for opinions no need to be a douche.
...by getting experience points
Bounties give the most experience. But paragon levels should really be a background thing - getting drops is first and foremost.
09/18/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Chaos
Hey guys, just curious - what do you feel is the best way to level up paragon in patch 2.1?

I went from 190 to 346 in two weeks just rifting. Normal rifts (not those sad vast wastelands known as grifts) at casual play. I'm sure there are people who can get you to 500 in less than 24 hours but I'm not one of them! :D
Multilayer >> Solo in terms of experience and Paragon leveling.
Watch twitch and start using new exploits they find.
T6 rifts is the best then comes T6 bounties act1 and act3 probably the best for exp.
T6 rifts give from 300-450m exp a rift (up to the rift guardian) Solo T6 bounties you doin all bounties yourself is 400-500m.

So you know I have 7400 Rifts and 14,000 Bounties completed. I'm Paragon 815 and started Paragon 2.1 over 45 days late. I know my stuff as far as paragon leveling no exploits though.
09/18/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Chaos
Efficiency wise, is bounties or rifts or something else entirely better? Just looking for opinions no need to be a douche.

I can't say it's the most efficient, but I typically run 2-4 Rifts than I run 1-2 full Act Bounties on Torment 6. Rinse and repeat. Even at 460+ where it's 1.6 Billion XP per level I can still gain more than a level in an hour.
Fast T6 Bounties, 35+ Grifts, fast T6 Rifts.

Maybe not necessarily in that order. T6 rifts can be very nice once you can speedrun them.

I also gain a decent amount just looking for the A1 keywarden as I tend to drop sentries as I run through because, heck, why not. The density, so beautiful.
09/18/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Agmo
Kill stuff...

this
09/18/2014 12:58 PMPosted by NLLSQ
Multilayer >> Solo in terms of experience and Paragon leveling.

This is true--unfortunately for me as I'm mostly a solo player.

But I've found bounties to be the biggest xp generator. Not only do you get experience for the individual bounties, but you also come across cursed chests, shrines and quick mini-quests (like the farm ones in Fields of Misery), that also give a lot of experience.
Bounties will level you up the fastest. The higher the paragon level the more powerful your character will become with the same gear which allows you to play higher torment levels which provide better drops. Rifts will give you more legendary drops and blood shards which gives you better gear and are a great change of pace but if you concentrate your efforts on leveling up you will find all the gear you need along the way.
Thanks fellas, over paragon 500 but stopped for a while and I'm way behind. I figured it was the quick bounties that give a lot of xp but just thought i'd check
Well, I'll tell you one thing ... I've been grinding every day and I'm only 387 ... so, I would dare to say that:

Solo isn't the answer.

Try to stay close to a group so that you gain some exp bonus

maybe bounty split farming is faster exp gain than rifting with 4? wanybody know?
09/18/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Rath
Bounties give the most experience. But paragon levels should really be a background thing - getting drops is first and foremost.

I use to think that, until this patch came out and all my gear became utterly worthless.
I value XP a lot more now, since that seems to be the only remaining thing.