Hardcore mode is the real softcore

General Discussion
sometimes i wonder why people make such a thread... does it really infuriate them how people choose to play differently from them? lolz haha such childishness lolololol
09/17/2014 09:11 PMPosted by AuJo
sometimes i wonder why people make such a thread... does it really infuriate them how people choose to play differently from them? lolz haha such childishness lolololol
Infuriating? No. Annoying when hc players talk like they own the place cuz they play hc? Yes.
If you don't have a ton of dead heroes you aren't playing hardcore "on the edge" etc. because there is so much unavoidable bull!@#$ in this game that if you aren't careful all the time you will die pretty quickly.

Like if you want to play HC, that's fine, just don't pretend to be doing something you aren't. Don't pretend to be elite player simply because you play HC. There are many reasons not to play HC and the primary one for me is that I like to play extremely recklessly. Playing HC would mean a minute or two of fun and then a long, boring grind.
If you have a problem, with HC players, you might have an issue with your confidence...just a thought.
Haha was the cave full this morning and you got kicked out?

Not even a subtle troll attempt :/

Mommy/Daddy issues and you need attention?
So op obviously lacks balls to push any kind of limits when in a mode where there is actually somekind of limit, but that does not mean everyone else is lacking them too, op.

and by the way you, yeah you especially, are a big reason to play hc.
because u wouldnt be seen in any gamemode higher than torment 1, so hc players can avoid players like you pretty easily^^
09/17/2014 10:08 PMPosted by einherier
So op obviously lacks balls to push any kind of limits when in a mode where there is actually somekind of limit, but that does not mean everyone else is lacking them too, op.

and by the way you, yeah you especially, are a big reason to play hc.
because u wouldnt be seen in any gamemode higher than torment 1, so hc players can avoid players like you pretty easily^^
How convenient. The feelings mutual. I can easily avoid people who has to check the affix on every elite before attacking them and pulling mobs 1 at a time like those people in hc and play with people who are willing to pull 10 sets of elites at once and thrive on chaos.
Dude, you're at lv 20, 11 elite kills on hc...

Don't think the way you play, is the same of everyone
Children talking about videogames as if they are going off to war.
So basically, You're whinning on Hardcore players because they have to use their brains before doing anything they might regret ? well just don't play hardcore then ... Problem solve.
09/17/2014 07:43 PMPosted by Soul
Pulling mobs one at a time, checking affix before every elite set. Using things like awareness and etc. How wimpy can you get? Go full on yolo pulling 10 sets of elites in tier 40 with yellow gear is the real hardcore.

I play T5 on seasonal hardcore pretty casually. I don't pull mobs one at a time, I try to chain pull as many elites as possible. I don't check every affix, I just casually glance to see if there are important ones as I fight, and I take passives that are FAR more balanced than anyone in softcore does.

The difference between hardcore and softcore is as follows.
- You actually need balls to play with consequences.
- You actually have to build a character right instead of designing a glass cannon and whining about how hard the game is.
Pulling mobs one at a time, checking affix before every elite set. Using things like awareness and etc. How wimpy can you get? Go full on yolo pulling 10 sets of elites in tier 40 with yellow gear is the real hardcore.

Show me anybody even getting to tier 40 in yellow gear.
A lvl20 HC monk, killed 8 elites, died on apr 17th.

Yep you're definitely a hardcore player.
The reason people do not play that way is because they would be dead, start again and never really get the gear required to push harder.
Stop wasting time in this thread, you have all been baited by a troll.

CONGRATULATIONS

---- Close Thread ----
You'd quit on your first serious death. I'm sorry to hear that you've finally come to the realization that ANYONE can achieve what you can given time and infinite attempts.

I wish there was a death counter a wall of shame... I'd love to see how often you've died...
So even if the OP might just be another troll, I can second the gist of the post, since many (not all!) hc players seem to have quite a superiority complex. I played HC quite a bit myself. I died 22 times in hc, most of them because of dc and desync and a few times because I pushed too hard.

I got fed up because everybod kept telling me, that I needed to gear for a dc. And that not ever should I play if my health even had the chance to go below 75%.

Everyone declared me crazy, because I was not stacking toughness primarily to the point where I could facetank EVERYTHING. I lived on the edge. NEVER have I encountered another hc player who did this. I am sure they are out there though, but the majority, in my experince, simply stacked toughness to no end and played lower difficulties than what was appropriate for the power of their toon. I had a few discussions with other hc players about that, many agreed with me, that they would prefer not go total safe mode, but that there was just too many things that could go wrong, so they felt forced to do it.

I went back to SC. I still get irritated by dc and rubberbanding/desyncs etc. ... but at least I can better push myself to the edge.

The argument: "real men play hc because they can lose more!" is flawed.

In HC most people play it "safe", because the punishment is very severe. The higher the punishment, the more you do to avoid it. That does not mean everybody plays it safe.

In SC people have the option to push harder, because the punishment is less severe, doesnt mean they all push hard.

In SC there is still a punishment that no one should ever underestimate: you fail! And you can fail a lot, thus making this a experience where you actually live on the edge psychologically speaking. Pushing hard usually means 80% of the time you fail and yet you have to keep pushing (which is about the ratio that studies have shown is about optimal for resilient learning, pushing at boundaries to overcome, and which is one big reason why grifts are a big fail right now at higher levels, because the fail tries go up to 95%-99% due to grift RNG at higher levels).

In HC, it is a lot more difficult to "experience" that 80/20 push ratio, because the game structure only offers 0,001/99,999. Good HC players need to create their own 80/20 ratio inside the game to push themselves, which is quite a difficult task, and probably not too many do that.

So, neither HC, nor SC are the "real men". Both offer different structures in which you can push yourself. Though SC tends to offer you a structure that more naturally offers you to try and push, while HC tends to offer a structue that is more fit to "playing it safe".

I am only talking about d3 here. In d2 for example, hc felt to me more "push-friendly" than in d3, for various reasons, not the least being the difference in net code, dc and sync behavior on top of the concept of unavoidable dmg.
0/10. Terrible troll is terrible (and without a pair of balls).

Now I remember why I stopped coming to these forums as often as I used to. The people here are braindead.

Cant push past lvl20 and he's talking... another bitter softcore baby trolling... gg kiddo, g/l with reaching lvl 30..