[idea] together as one, 50%->healthlink?

Barbarian
We already have multiple sources of 50% reduction, double unity, ip, striding giant. Many times ill be at full health and my ancients are about dead, I propose a change to the rune to allow our health pools to be joined, they dont die, unless you die and vice versa.

Since the player can heal faster, from more sources, this will allow you to manage them a bit better.
Something to help with thier lack of healing when using the rune, whaddaya think?
09/18/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Pillion
Off on tangent: if four people are all wearing unity, is the damage divided between the party?

I believe that's how it works, but though it sounds good in theory it's not so great in practice. Imagine if your party is made up of 2 ranged and 2 melee. The ranged who is use to just totally avoiding damage suddenly inherits damage from the melee. They won't be alive for too long.
I use together as one for HC seasons with IK/Raekor's/Vile Ward ... the key being IK boulder breaker. I don't have unities (ugh) so it makes GR 25-30 tolerable but still risky.

If you're in softcore though, I imagine the damage loss from using lightning COTA versus say fire, is pretty significant. Same with using IK pieces over potential better pieces... like Furnace.
I don't play barb anymore, but it sounds pretty good.
I think your onto it Koala. The ancients die too fast while you have a full pool, joining pool seems like a better idea.

I tried using the ancients for damage reduction as well as wearing double unity and the ancients seemed to die just as fast. I thought I would take less damage with double unity and they would just about live forever but the ancients seemed to get just a damaged as if I were not wearing unity. Just thought it was worth a mention.
This could have been done if they just didn't nerf the legendary gem enforcer rank 25 bonus where pets don't die.
Agreed, I reckon this is a good idea. And, in fact, with the upcoming change where our pets inherit our defensive stats I wonder if that will be dynamic so they'll benefit from IP etc. Hmm, I hope so.
Makes sense and fits the "together as one" theme.

I think with the oncoming pet survivability improvements, this idea will even be better. If they do this now, we'll end up dying in blood marsh, anarchs, barbed lurkers more often.

So step 1 = improve pet survivability
Step 2 = do this suggestion
Step 3 = thank RK

Though my main issue with together as one is that fire cota is too good to pass up on most builds... But that's another matter :p
^^
Yep, there's definitely a few instances where this suggestion will be bad right now, really looking forward to the change to pets, figured this would be an interesting implementation, and sorta mix things up a bit from the standard :)
Good idea.

As it is right now, it's hard to keep them alive. Health Globes are OK when you're fighting trash mobs/elite packs, but once you get to an RG and globes don't really pop out unless you have items/skills to make them do so (which you won't since they mostly suck), ancients just crumble under your weight.

At the least, they need to benefit from our LpFS and LoH.
09/18/2014 05:47 PMPosted by PrvtPiLe
Agreed, I reckon this is a good idea. And, in fact, with the upcoming change where our pets inherit our defensive stats I wonder if that will be dynamic so they'll benefit from IP etc. Hmm, I hope so.

09/19/2014 10:37 AMPosted by foreignreign
At the least, they need to benefit from our LpFS and LoH.

I've heard about them getting our defensive stats, any news on whether they will also benefit from our replishment?

And fyi, turning together as one into a "health link" type of setup is probably a bad idea. The people using it are pushing themselves into content that they couldn't normally handle, and the ancients are most valuable in that scenario during your most challenging elite encounters (2/3/4 packs with tons of bad affixes for example). The last thing that you need in something like that is to be taking damage from 3 ancients that are sitting in the elite affixes just when you needed them to be taking damage away from you instead of adding on even more for you to endure.
Well, youd have quadruple pools basically, I dont have any trouble till they die myself, then its a surge of unexpected damage. Thays worse than cakewalk then getting a 50% whammy.

They do almost better without using the rune for surviving by themselves due to their better protection against elite affixes.

Sustained mitigation would allow you to get a better feel for where you truly stand.
rk is a genius.
Please blizzard. Do something like this. It disgusts me when I enter a t29 rift and my first pack is either fire chains or arcane orb and my ancients die in 8 seconds and I'm forced to dip in and out of battle for the next 2 minutes until I can resummon my pets :(. Or give them your life on hit/healing regen stats or something. They are like paper. They die too quickly.