PK'd by WD...

Hardcore
I know I'm not the first to have this happen. Seasonal barb dead. MoH shield (from monk in group), Cota (Together as one), 1500-1600 lightning resist, ~20ish million toughnes...

Full health to dead before I can even react. Instant death. Lightning pack aggro'd by RoT/fetish doc.

Rerolling right after this post. But had to get it of my chest first. Blizzard really needs to look into the lightning damage to melee classes...its absolutely absurd when playing in group with fetish doc or m6 dh. Am I just not supposed to play with those builds...seems that way. I had been noticing it for quite some time but finally had a build that seemed to be able to deal with lightning in group...guess I was wrong.

Seriously though it needs to be looked into and addressed because it is not conducive to group play if you are a melee character. And while they are at it...fire chains does way too much damage as well. Look I'm all for the game being tougher but instant death is not what I'm looking for.

/rant
As a melee character, this is how I deal with your issues:

Electrified affix for melee characters: back off from the monsters and let the ranged and/or pets finish the job.

Fire chains for melee characters: slow them or blind them and then stick and move.

- D.

Edit: messed up the 'underline' function.
Electrified affix for melee characters: back off from the monsters and let the ranged and/or pets finish the job.

Yep, that's the move. Thankfully barbs have two great sets focused on movement skills to help us back off and let the other guys finish the job.
I'm a Barb,

The 1st thing I do is check my party composition. If there is even 1 WD or DH (highly likely) I have no choice but to hang back. Blizz sucks
Dang..so sorry to hear this my brother! I'm about to be home and I can definitely help PL you tonight....

RIP to your T5.T6 Barb!
RIP in peace. Thank you for sharing your death, as it will serve as a warning to others to beware of the circumstances that got you killed.

But as you reroll, look on the (very, very) bright side of this: your hero had an incredibly glorious death amid all that fantastic lightning! What a spectacular, brilliant way to go! =)

RIP in peace

It was a matter of time before a thread like this popped up... I seen too many close calls on both sides of the coin playing WD as well as melee characters.
Electrified is the bane of melee classes right now.

This I think describes your situation best.
http://www.despair.com/mistakes.html

I will raise my cup in your honor.
Got my GG raekor set in my stash, just waiting on 2nd unity. So all good. Gonna try something different for group that will keep me alive better for those situations.

I still think lightning damage is an issue that needs to be looked at as far a melee characters are concerned. Especially in group.

Back to 70...gonna try something new

Thanks
RIP in peace? Rest in piece in piece.

Cool story bro. Rest in pepperinos.
RIP - Return If Possible

anyway, was thinking for a while how to restrat my barb knowing all the barb rants. i think it's about time to include a ranged skill? thoughts?
Weapon throw, threatening shout, war cry, group sprint, group ignore pain, perma ancients. Watch your teammates kill things. Fun Game.
Simple solution. Dual wielding shields.
RIP

Thanks for the heads up.
Much glory to the fallen, a good death.

I just have to say... I'm a M6 DH and I stand in that stuff all the time. Why does melee class with innate 30% damage reduction get eaten by electric so bad?
09/19/2014 07:10 AMPosted by Rav1n

I just have to say... I'm a M6 DH and I stand in that stuff all the time. Why does melee class with innate 30% damage reduction get eaten by electric so bad?

Rav1n, it's not that melee gets destroyed by electric, it is the amount of times it procs when WD fetish or DH turrets spam attacks on the elite. 1 on 1 it is nothing for melee but since it is a proc-on-hit affix, add 5 turrets and 15 fetish to that and you've got a lightning storm.

also, @Rav1n - it's always safe to port on me ^__^

Signed,
Rainbow Dash
I lost my first Raekor's barb in a similar situation OP. What I do now is blindly charge everything that I see, especially if I'm at the front of the group, then I back off if my health drops too much (yes, genius I know) b/c that means there is elec or fire chains. On t5 solo at least I can kill everything so fast that it doesn't matter if it's elect + fire chains, my life hardly moves. If I'm on t6 or a higher lvl GR then I look for affixes first and pop IP before charging into fire chains or electrical. If the doc or dh has already started attacking then I just charge at the edge of the group to freeze it, or, if the light show is really bad, then I sit back for a few seconds until it's dead. If seems kinda weak, but for us to sit back for 5 or 10 seconds is nothing compared to the lame m6 or wizard "dump and run" tactics.
09/19/2014 07:17 AMPosted by Actiq
09/19/2014 07:10 AMPosted by Rav1n

Rav1n, it's not that melee gets destroyed by electric, it is the amount of times it procs when WD fetish or DH turrets spam attacks on the elite. 1 on 1 it is nothing for melee but since it is a proc-on-hit affix, add 5 turrets and 15 fetish to that and you've got a lightning storm.

Signed,
Rainbow Dash
Dude, that's what I'm saying. I stand in that wonderful shower of sparks and bathe in the energy with 4 turrets and all my pets procing the effect. Only once have I procd awareness- and that was because I lagged out with arcane and molten all over the place too.

I know it's safe to port on you...for now...you're too weak to be in content that would kill me.
09/19/2014 07:29 AMPosted by Rav1n
09/19/2014 07:17 AMPosted by Actiq

Signed,
Rainbow Dash
Dude, that's what I'm saying. I stand in that wonderful shower of sparks and bathe in the energy with 4 turrets and all my pets procing the effect. Only once have I procd awareness- and that was because I lagged out with arcane and molten all over the place too.

I know it's safe to port on you...for now...you're too weak to be in content that would kill me.

Maybe you're just getting lucky? I dunno...

whenever I see electrified as melee I put on my "nope boots" and gtfo.

Signed,
Rainbow Dash
09/19/2014 07:31 AMPosted by Actiq
... Dude, that's what I'm saying. I stand in that wonderful shower of sparks and bathe in the energy with 4 turrets and all my pets procing the effect. Only once have I procd awareness- and that was because I lagged out with arcane and molten all over the place too.

Maybe you're just getting lucky? I dunno...

whenever I see electrified as melee I put on my "nope boots" and gtfo.

Signed,
Rainbow Dash
Man you need to trail behind me and pick up some loot. I need a new arch nemesis since Bobafett apparently gave up trying to kill me.