Remove the Realm of Trials and make Orek a vendor

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 24 Next
I hate the trials because halftway through I outright have to stop. If I plow hard through the trials, it puts me in a rank way god damn higher than I can do. I'd like to be able to climb the tiers organically rather than have some horribly engineered and poorly tuned "evaluation rift" tell me "naw son you got this".

And then I spend half the rift facespawning the 6 elite/champ packs that were standing outside the door when I walked into the rift.

Yeah, this dude's idea is the best way to handle this. The current system is just bad.
i want a response to this thread please
The only way to get rank 43+ keys for me was to get them in party. So now i can't get rank 43 keys for my wizard, basicly the only way to get them now is lvl up dh and get top gear that will allow me to get rank 43 keys solo. And i have no idea even how i can get like rank 45+ for my barb. So whats the point playing, getting gear etc if i can't even use it to get higher ? Thanks blizzard, no reason for me to play anymore.
The blue silence is heavy in this one.
I would like to have some stability with this game because over arching changes keep coming to fast in my opinion. D2 had many changes but they came slow and were generally minor tweaks however with D3 they swing so wide with the changes. I think many folks have a strong sense of ownership on their account class/items and blizz keeps toying with that.
from a personal stand point i would really like it if i could just start at GR1 and work my way up every time kinda like say a survival mode. as i get to higher GRs my end reward becomes greater and greater.

i would also like to think that at the end of every GR i should have a 50% chance to up grade my game 1 rank, or less chance depending maybe a 15% or chose to end my GR streak and get a relative gem rank chances based on how fast and how many lvls of the GR consecutively completed.

i dont view GRs as a competetion and i never will, i view them as a test of my character which i think they have stated many times about it.

my idea may seem tedious and slow down the progression but because of that the reward for doing so will be far greater, and as an added bonus because i know some people dont have a lot of time a resume feature at the end of a completed GR level will be offered if you would like to pause your run.

so a break down;

can start at GR1 and work your way up every GR level.

get a 15% chance to upgrade your gems one rank per completion or end the streak for increase multiple chances on upgrading your gem.

longer streaks can yield greater loot and more completion rewards at the end of each rift up to a possible 50% chance to upgrade your gem at say GR 15+

pause feature so if you get bored or wish to take a break at the end of a GR level you can pause your streak and resume again later.

the experience of being able to get higher and higher GR levels should be exciting and make you feel that if you could just get to the next one for the next big pile of loot. I dont like skipping around just because oh, i beat GR8 in 4 minutes go to GR16. WTF? i want to upgrade my gems not waste time trying to get a trial stone, do 10 minutes of that start at rank 6 because turns out a monster ran off into one direction and the map marker disappeared. then go from GR6 to GR14 because i roflstomped GR6 losing all my gem upgrades but ending my GR streak just because i wanted to upgrade my gem.

while getting increased amount of loot in a GR is great its not the only thing i want, and finding a balance where i can continue to Grift and upgrade my gem even if its one rank every 5 Grifts. i would much rather have that over, do a grift, upgrade my gem, then repeat annoying process over again.
I BUMP THIS ! Please find some other way to get GR keys than doing realm of trials. The latter is the most boring aspect of the game, especially if you are sitting on 50+ keys...

Besides...what is the point of this whole thing? just let us choose whatever GR we want to do...if it is too hard we will fail, if it is too easy we will increase the difficulty ourselves.
bump
+1
Trial rifts are pointless, but Im not too sure about this method. But something needs to be done, trials are now even worse with this last patch.
Aaand...bump again.
How about Death's Breath? If you want to do a trial then it is free but if you would rather pick what lvl gr you want it will cost you DB. This way you still get to do GR when you are just starting out by doing trials but once you have done all your training, crating a few pieces of armor, maybe a few weapons to start out w/e (gems only cost 1) and the Death's Breath start pilling up (I'm already at almost 3k), you now have a place to use them.
I don't agree - I think trial keys should be eliminated altogether. There should just be greater rift stones and you use a slider bar in the obelisk menu to indicate what level you want to spawn. Completing normal rifts in torment should unlock sections of greater rift levels for you, or you could unlock higher levels via the angel at the end of the greater rift (instead of upgrading your gem).
09/24/2014 01:34 PMPosted by Odin
I don't agree - I think trial keys should be eliminated altogether. There should just be greater rift stones and you use a slider bar in the obelisk menu to indicate what level you want to spawn. Completing normal rifts in torment should unlock sections of greater rift levels for you, or you could unlock higher levels via the angel at the end of the greater rift (instead of upgrading your gem).

or that, just throwing something out there instead of just complaining, maybe an idea will spark their interest you know.
09/24/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Zamdarg
09/24/2014 01:34 PMPosted by Odin

or that, just throwing something out there instead of just complaining, maybe an idea will spark their interest you know.

Ya I'm all for good feedback, and I think the OP idea is better than the current situation. I just think it's flaw is Trial Keys because if you take away trials then there is no reason to have a stone that is named "Keystone of Trials". Also, I think the stone should not have an obligatory level attached to it. Players get stones from rifts and they save em. When they want to use them in a group scenario they dont need to do anything special but have the stone in their stash. the person actuating the obelisk does all the work. I'm just trying to brainstorm the most simplistic approach to resolving this issue. That's what I am coming up with for myself.
Bump
I'm not sure if this has even been mentioned or not in this or any other post but not only did they screw everybody wanting to do the higher lvls that others have already achieved to compete or upgrade gems (for what ever reason they have, that is not important), but now with this new system, apparently I should be able to do a higher GR solo than with a monk with me lol. I can get 41's consistently on my dh solo but when I do with my monk/wd partner we are only getting 38/39 keys. so again not only does it screw everybody, it is also broken!
so again Blizz pls read, listen and hear what everybody is trying to say and do something, anything but what you have done PLEASE!!!!!!!
09/21/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Poinas
What if Rift Guardians dropped certain level grift keys?

T1 guardian = Lvl 8 key
T2 = 10
T3 = 12
T4 = 15
T5 = 20
T6 = 25

And you could then choose any level upto the key's value. But I guess a better mechanic for rifts 25+ is needed also.

Because GR's don't work like that. Torments pale in comparison to certain levels of GRs. And I'd much rather start at 1, and manipulate the time frame to get as many Greater rifts from my trial stone that I can. More bosses=more loot.
Definitely a good idea. It would make Leveling the rift keystone much more worthwhile because at the moment i always choose to level up my gems since i can just do another trial to increase my level.

Trial being tedious is an understatement. I often don't want to GRift just because I have to do the trial...
+1

I'm just agreeing with ANYTHING that in the end would result in the removal of the Trial.

It. Is. So. Boring.

Remove it and I'll actually play GRifts much more often.