How would you change the M6?

Demon Hunter
M6 6-pc bonus:
Your self-cast Hatred generators and spenders deal 5 times their damage. (400% damage amplification)
Sentries cast your equipped Hatred spenders at 50% of their damage. (50% damage reduction)

(tweak the numbers)

"Philosophy"
- Encourages you to directly deal damage.
- Encourages the use of generators because of above.
- Sentries are still useful.
- Viability of other M6 variations:
- With RORG, you are no longer "forced" to use TNT.
- Opens up the viability of other weapons/gear pieces as you self-cast more of your abilities as opposed to relying completely on sentries for damage.
I wouldn't because I like it the way it is.
09/22/2014 12:31 PMPosted by krio
Your self-cast Hatred generators and spenders deal 5 times their damage. (400% damage amplification)
Sentries cast your equipped Hatred spenders at 50% of their damage. (50% damage reduction)
Those are some ridiculous % just from m6. I think they should just buff the spenders and generators. Make Sentries clones of the DH that follow the DH around and shoot nearest target in sight of DH with whatever spender/generator the DH is using at a fraction of the damage(after buffing the spender/generators). This will at least reduce the dependency on M6.
Until they release more OP gear for higher grifts ..... I think the change is they work with all gems. .... then we would be in business for more damage in the grifts.
I wouldn't change the build and anyone that would is stupid imo, without it we suddenly are like monks pre 2.1 but with no EP. IE f***ing worthless.
Try this exercise instead, make a list of the classes but only list the number of builds they have that are T6 viable under 10m clears and beat GR ~32 while getting the option to upgrade keystone.

DH: 1
Wiz: 1
WD: 1
sader: 4
Mnk: 1 or 2 , not sure and dont play it
Barb: dont pay attention to this class, 2?

See where I'm going with this.
M6 6-pc bonus:

(tweak the numbers)

"Philosophy"
- Opens up the viability of other weapons/gear pieces as you self-cast more of your abilities as opposed to relying completely on sentries for damage.

Ok, and when you get one shot while standing there trying to cast at elite mobs in GR38+?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
09/22/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Gzip
M6 6-pc bonus:

(tweak the numbers)

"Philosophy"

Ok, and when you get one shot while standing there trying to cast at elite mobs in GR38+?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Use your brain.

Even if you are self casting damaging skills, nobody expects you to just stand your ground and NEVER move.

Do you also complain why DHs have to stop moving when they cast sentries?!
09/22/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Maverick31
I wouldn't change the build and anyone that would is stupid imo, without it we suddenly are like monks pre 2.1 but with no EP. IE f***ing worthless.

This is an opinion thread. It could either go both ways and it's a personal thing rather than a balance thread. So what if you don't like someone else's personal preference in a completely opinionated thread, not like any of what's mentioned here is going to actually happen.

Post your preference and move on. Only a few players in this thread are actually doing this.

09/22/2014 02:03 PMPosted by Maverick31
Try this exercise instead, make a list of the classes but only list the number of builds they have that are T6 viable under 10m clears and beat GR ~32 while getting the option to upgrade keystone.

DH: 1
Wiz: 1
WD: 1
sader: 4
Mnk: 1 or 2 , not sure and dont play it
Barb: dont pay attention to this class, 2?

See where I'm going with this.

Yes I do, but it would be nice if you actually included correct information. For certain, I know the DH one is way off. I've taken 3 specs I personally created to GR 35 and below 5 min T6 clears and I'm just one person. I can only imagine what others would/could have done. You sound like a bandwagoner that's not very familiar with a DH outside of the M6 set you kadala'd tbh :/
I'm really underwhelmed by the M6 set to be honest.

I think to really spice it up they should make it so the Sentrys fire other classes legendary weapons with perfect rolls. Really give them something to get pissed about.

/end sarcasm

I actually like the set as it is.
"Sentries shot the most expensive hatred generator in your action bar"

This way I can have at least 2 more usable skills in my bar.
A silly & lazy idea ^^ :-

Allow Sentry to proc effect, then disable it when using M6. No harm to existing builds but I have chance to make fun builds.
09/22/2014 09:44 PMPosted by gbasso
"Sentries shot the most expensive hatred generator in your action bar"

This way I can have at least 2 more usable skills in my bar.

Don't you mean the most expensive hatred spender? Just wonderin.

I think sentries should be able to use vengeance and be engulfed in the aura, shooting whatever rune you chose. I also think there should be an extra piece of gear something like a bracer (to make it m7) that works in tan-gem with the nutsack quiver. Once all 5 sentries are placed on the field within 40 yard radius of each other, they merge together to form "Sentatron", a mobile mechanical behemoth that only fires a single atomic beam, capable of demolishing everything in it's path.

To make sure it remains balanced though, the Sentatron's beam can only be casted while standing still and has a 1.34 second cooldown between shots and disassembles upon leaving the game.
09/22/2014 10:08 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
the Sentatron's

Is that Metatron's cousin I didn't know?
I would leave m6 alone.

However, I think there's a pretty necessary tweak needed.

First, the default number of sentries should be three, not two.
Second, engineering should boost this from three to four, not two to three and third, rucksack should not add any additional sentries, but INSTEAD it would deploy them two at a time.

I think that would go a LONG way towards creating some build diversity.
I enjoy the set the way it is to be honest. I think M6 gives DH's an edge to finally stand on 2 feet again. Now that dodge has been removed, the true dodging is to not get one shot by using skill, luck, and fast reaction times to avoid insane damage coming your way.