I refuse to play GRs.

General Discussion
09/18/2014 10:17 PMPosted by Defense
I just cleared a solo GR 45 on my monk with 2 min to spare. Melee is FINE. Instead of QQing like a crybaby maybe you should just learn to play.

No you didn't.
09/18/2014 10:32 PMPosted by Lilith
09/18/2014 07:26 PMPosted by Kotobeast
They are just not fun. No density. Retarded Rift Guardians. No loot. Melee can't survive or needs 10 min to kill RG.

Please fix these things and I'll consider it. Until then, I will not play GRs.

No patch no play.

U r like a newblet nt even paragon 100, i dont know what u r talking about. Though yes it is harder for melee players, u r no where near in the experience range to say so yet. Judging by ur profile.

You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about and nobody is agreeing with me. Everyone who did so in this thread is actually me on different accounts.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

U r like a newblet nt even paragon 100, i dont know what u r talking about. Though yes it is harder for melee players, u r no where near in the experience range to say so yet. Judging by ur profile.

You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about and nobody is agreeing with me. Everyone who did so in this thread is actually me on different accounts.

What i dont get is, people complaining about certain aspects of the game without fully mastering it or near mastering it. Ur experience with ur wizard tells me u dont even need to grift yet in the first place, and who the fuk plays melee wizard these days anyway. U can start complaing once u have a monk above plvl 400 who cant go past grift 36+ because that at least sounds legit.

Of course this is not valid if you have a profile in another region with a high experienced character class. Which i seemingly missed out on.
They are just not fun. No density. Retarded Rift Guardians. No loot. Melee can't survive or needs 10 min to kill RG.

No patch no play.
i also have said this before, i heared of GR's and i thought cooooool finally something 2 do so i played it 24/7 for a couple of days, in the end i got so annoyed and frustrated i broke a lot of stuff and the whole neighbor hood could hear me curse! i am sick and tired of benching this game over and over again.

I just cleared a solo GR 45 on my monk with 2 min to spare. Melee is FINE. Instead of QQing like a crybaby maybe you should just learn to play.
Thank u for making me ROFL....i wonder why u woke up and came here to post about it? if i do that i get banned for sure :)
The real issue is the lack of choices of viable builds for higher GR's. Don't get me wrong not every build should be able to do higher GR's but as it is right now each class has one maybe two builds that might be capable. There are plenty of diverse builds that are fun to play to you have to know going in that 90% will have severe limitations and that can be the frustrating part.
09/18/2014 11:18 PMPosted by Roadtrip
The real issue is the lack of choices of viable builds for higher GR's. Don't get me wrong not every build should be able to do higher GR's but as it is right now each class has one maybe two builds that might be capable. There are plenty of diverse builds that are fun to play to you have to know going in that 90% will have severe limitations and that can be the frustrating part.

Well, they are called fun builds for a reason... and you said it yourself not every build should be able to do higher GRs.

Thing is a lot of builds can farm T6. Which is supposedly hardest difficulty.

after T6 it is about more efficiency and power and unfortunately this is where builds narrows down into 1 or 2.

For nearly every game with nearly infinite difficulty scaling, there will only be 1~2 builds that are capable of the highest difficulty players can play.
Don't you think there's something wrong with the system when the top players on the leaderboard are just shopping trials and greater rifts to try and get a dense floor with zombies? The whole system is a total joke. Blizzard opens up a PTR for feedback and then listens to none of it.

I already gave up on the seasons concept entirely.
09/19/2014 12:04 AMPosted by pronebar
Blizzard opens up a PTR for feedback and then listens to none of it.

You bring up a very good point there. I wouldn't say that Blizzard doesn't listen to it, but it's too easy to make that assumption, given how the seasons ran. From what I understand, people already knew how to level up real quick in PTR, without going the standard route, and several people pointed this out on the forums. The seasons went live, the issues weren't addressed, and lo and behold, within 2 hours there were already people with paragon levels. Only after that were there fixes, basically taking away specific bounties.

It's like they wanted to believe it wasn't an issue, until it came back at them. Seems to be their MO.

Same with Greater Rifts. People were talking about this issue, and nothing was done. Only later, rather recently, did the devs make some official responses to what has been going on, and what issues people were facing.

Makes me feel like this game will forever be in beta.
09/18/2014 08:39 PMPosted by Yuhanz
BOO-HOO

your rant is invalid when you said there is no loot / meelee need 10mins to kill RG.

mybe u suk

Rant is valid. Damage scaling just gets incredibly stupid. The only builds that will ever do the extremely high GRift levels are pet/avoidance builds. No point in mitigation. If you find a pack with off-screen auto-kills (jailer, thunderstorm, etc) then you just die, and skip that group. This is why DH are so prevalent right now, simply because they can just plop all their turrets down, and go hide in a corner until the group is dead.

The only change, and the change that must happen, is to put a cap on how much monster damage scales in GRift difficulty. Eventually, say at GRift 30, the damage will not go higher. Life totals will still increase, being the actual deciding factor in whether the GRift is too high for you (since they are, in a sense, built for speed clearing.)
09/18/2014 08:39 PMPosted by StormyFacade
Hey guys, don't forget how Greater Rifts have a Knockback fetish apparently.

Every GR I've ever played, there's either tons of monsters with attacks that do knockback effects, or elites with the knockback affix.

Unlike normal Rifts, there hasn't been a single Knockback-less GR.

Kinda has made me wish that elite affixes were once like those in Diablo 2, like WAY LESS stunning or control-impairing affixes, and more like Aura Enchanted (Which had like... 5 different versions, my favorites being Might (increases damage), Prayer (Gives lots of life regen) and Thorns (Self-explanatory, only it returns 200% damage given usually), Elemental Immunities, Extra Strong (Increased Damage, usually 50% or more), Stone Skin(Defense is doubled and gives a 25% damage reduction for all damage), and my all-time favorite... Mana Burn (Attacks drain mana/the primary resource).

There are knockback immunity bracers in seasons.

Haha, says the guy hiding behind a WoW profile. How about showing us your Monk, so we can see this awesomeness? So salty.
09/19/2014 12:04 AMPosted by pronebar
Don't you think there's something wrong with the system when the top players on the leaderboard are just shopping trials and greater rifts to try and get a dense floor with zombies? The whole system is a total joke. Blizzard opens up a PTR for feedback and then listens to none of it.

I already gave up on the seasons concept entirely.

Yup, I have 200+ GR keys just sitting pretty right now and I have absolutely ZERO INTENTION of doing hours and hours of trials just to get a 10% chance at zombie rift.

That's not gameplay, that's bashing your head bloody into walls of an insane asylum
Yup. GR's are a freaking joke as melee. So much unavoidable crap as melee. Electricity LOL. My toons are prettty geared and I am ready to ditch them for a DH. No point when i can invincible sentry and just walk away. Melee have no ability to be competitive when so many abilitiies are harder on melee due to range restraints.

Then you have tot add the fact you have to stack mass CDR to be competitive and anything below a 3 pack is skipped. Stacking CDR also takes away from your crit which makes it harder to do damage. IMO this whole expansion is pretty badly designed so far for melee.

No patch no play.

So what. Blizzard needs to put a pouting corner in the game for people like this.
09/19/2014 01:25 AMPosted by Pillion
09/18/2014 10:39 PMPosted by Lilith
What i dont get is, people complaining about certain aspects of the game without fully mastering it or near mastering it.
The only way to master *not getting knocked back* is to roll a seasonal character and get Krelm's Buff Bracers.

Lol I was being more general, if u want to be specific the list goes on.

Thanks for the huge laugh, literally. The highest monk on the leaderboards has only beat GR 40. No monk has even come close to 45. LOL Such a liar you are.