My Act 6 Prediction *SPOILERS*

Lore and Story
So based on the prophecy of end days, we only have 2 remaining lines:
"Valor shall turn to Wrath"
"as Fate lies shattered forever."

We also have interviews stating that the writers would like us to go into hell/ the netherworld and rescue Leah.

I think the story arc is going to be around us trying to bring Leah back. As Leah is already dead -- Fate (Itherael) will refuse to let us revive her. In a blind rage we fight and kill him (First or second mini boss).

Doing this, enrages Imperious and he decides to destroy mankind/the nephalem.

End Boss = Imperious.

Act 7 (if it happens) would probably circle around Inarius and Lilith.
Love the ideas! That would be fantastic and I have been thinking / hoping for the same of Act 6. I hadn't considered an Act 7 based around Inarius and Lilith. Have you ever read the Book of Cain or Book of Tyrael? It sounds as though you have, two amazing books that greatly expand on what A7 - if it were based on this - could very well be.
The story in diablo is kind of like the story in a !@#$ movie, its there but not needed.
It seems you read my mind. Haven't read Book of Tyrael yet but I also envisioned the return of Inarius and Lilith based on the teasers we have in Act V. Imperius' becoming a villain is a given. Personally, I wish they would also explore the story or even bring Uldyssian himself in the game lore. The Edyrem would be a great addition to the game as well.
So much Lore that isn't used. So many dungeons and events that could be put into the game that would give you so much to do.
Whatev' we all know they'll be introducing a playable "demon" character in the next expansion and the plot will revolve around a threat so great that agents of Heaven & Hell must put aside their differences to combat the new "evil".
09/22/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Nith47
Whatev' we all know they'll be introducing a playable "demon" character in the next expansion and the plot will revolve around a threat so great that agents of Heaven & Hell must put aside their differences to combat the new "evil".

That will be amazing. =D Cannot wait!
I would love if it the story were to help demonstrate more of how we become inherently evil. Like the gear we put on is evil, but it's the power of evil that allows us to continue doing whats right. Even though our judgment and thoughts become clouded by the Prime Evil(s).

Like putting on the Armor of Bartuc! Which is also just like wearing the One Ring. ;-) Just different powers.
I see us at some point fighting the angel thats been against us from the start and only grudgingly accepted us in the expansion *half expected him to lock fromj getting back to earthly plane*
Would give us an actual chance to fight the real Diablo, who's probly more annoyed at Azmodan and Belial, though he'd likely be flattered to know that two of his brothers equals him times two when they DBZ fuse together via a soulstone.

Remember people, the black soulstone was never near any of the evils that were killed before Diablo 3, so it cannot imprison them, since it's luring properties work in proximity, and the prime evils had soulstones of their own.
The game's own lore states or implies that upon destruction of an angel-made soulstone, the demons inside are banished straight to the hells.

Actual demon lore also states that any demons killed in any realm are reborn in the hells.

However... this will be a moment (if we do go into the burning hells) that we see the real strength of Diablo and his brothers and sister, since it's rather common knowledge for anyone who knows even a bit about demonic basics, that being in the mortal plane reduces their abilities and holds them back, since they always need a vessel, which is contained.

Although we can likely ignore this rule for demons who aren't powerful like the champions of hell such as mallet lords, the SBAB (Siege Breaker Assault Beast), Belial, Azmodan, Andariel, Duriel, Rakanoth, Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Cydaea, The Butcher and Izkatu (Though based on a possible typo of the achievement for beating him at max level in torment, Izkatu might just be what he is, and that there's many of them), since they're mostly existing due to the presence and powers of the Evils, Andariel, Azmodan, Belial, Diablo, Mephisto and Baal.

For the most powerful demons, they have no choice to abide by this rule, atleast for entering the realm, though after Diablo 1's events, Diablo didn't become reborn where you'd slain him, so it's reasonable to assume that the worldstone had been restricting demonic travel without an evil, in that they cannot exist in Sanctuary without a vessel of some sort.

Although ofcourse Heaven is completely different in these rules, the Prime Evil we found at the pinnacle of Heaven was nothing but two lesser evils combined into one, creating another Prime Evil.
The two were even put into Leah's body, which likely caused them to combine, and form a second diablo.

Make no mistake, it's mostly bad, awful writing at work here, but Diablo was never initially imprisoned as i state earlier in this post, alongside everyone in Diablo 2 or 1.

TL;DR
If we next go to hell to recover Leah we will find Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Andariel and Duriel with a second Diablo, or Belidan (since Belial and Azmodanare likely combined).

The reason being: We never contained Andariel, Duriel (Duriel maybe), Mephisto, Baal or Diablo within the black soulstone which was left undiscovered since before the events of Diablo 2.

Demons killed, are reborn in the hells. It's the core basics of demons, of the concept of demons. Demons trapped within angelically-made soulstones, are banished back to the hells when the soulstone is destroyed, 1 way trip. That last sentence is told to us in the games themselves.

We'll fight everyone, but Belial and Azmodan will be either one, or not and they'll be the same as before. There is no Prime Evil, but the Prime Evils still exist.

If they wanted to end Diablo once and for all (atleast without a major time skip again, though I'm thinking maybe a century or so :3) They could operate upon the theory that a demon killed in hell, kills it permanently.
The problem is you are missing the end of days prophecy.

While the expansions don't necessarily need to be based it, or utilize it... it's an unfinished story arc.

Other than that, we also have the scoundrel arc unfinished.
09/22/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Nith47

That makes no sense. Keep in mind that the character does not begin their story at act 6. They have to fit in with the existing story. I mean how big of a plothole would a Demon Hunter partying with a demon be?
I hope they let us fight all the brothers again I.E Baal, Diablo and Mephisto, as the Black Crystal was broken and all trapped inside was released.
Oh dear, I sure hope not. I was fed up with Leah one act into the game. "I too have great power within me" SHUT UP.

We're going to the Schovos Isles and we're going to learn us some Druidism.
I don't think Itherael would keep the Nephalem from doing anything. Humans are outside of the cycle, and for that matter it is not Itherael's MO to even get involved. He is a pacifist. I think, if anything, something will kill him due to his pacifism, as it's simply another potential thread of history that he foresaw, and he wishes not to impede on the stream of fate.

But "Valor shall turn to Wrath" is definitely an indicator of Imperius's descent. He's clearly angry at the Nephalem for basically showing him up at every turn. He whined like a baby about us having to kill his brother (did he call Malthael brother? I don't remember). He's obviously not pleased with what the Nephalem have incurred. It's very obvious that he's going to be a boss, if not the final boss, of an expansion.

I have a hard time believing Imperius would lead a full fledged assault on mankind, though. For as much as he hates humanity, the other angels, I feel, aren't so easily swayed, especially since they kind of saved the Heavenly Host's keisters. But that doesn't mean there can't be a one-man crusade. You saw how Imperius slaughtered demons so easily outside Pandemonium.

Malthael was able to sway his followers with the revelation that death itself is wisdom, (and a convincing proposal to end the Eternal Conflict) and they followed him in that regard as his adherents. But the angels in Heaven witnessed the Nephalem vanquish Diablo. They single handedly assaulted Pandemonium Fortress. And for that matter, will neither Auriel's or Itherael's take on the Nephalem have a standing with the angels of Heaven?

Actually, that brings something up- perhaps Itherael is killed by Imperius for his disagreement. Remember, Itherael voted to preserve humanity, and it's likely he still stands by his vote. I imagine Imperius is angry about that.

It could also be that Blizzard doesn't go with anything obvious and they pull something like the Black Soulstone right out of their backsides and calls it a day.
I think they will announce the next expansion at blizzcon.

They have no form of recurring revenue now that the rmah is gone. It's in their best interest to release faster expansions now.
09/22/2014 08:49 PMPosted by Deconstruct
Oh dear, I sure hope not. I was fed up with Leah one act into the game. "I too have great power within me" SHUT UP.

We're going to the Schovos Isles and we're going to learn us some Druidism.

+ 1000

Any more of that crappy middle school drama club dialogue and I'm handing an old iron coin to any man from Braavos and saying "valar morghulis", getting trained as a faceless man, and then going all bickety-bam woverine style on these garbage story writers.
very interesting thoughts!

Was sitting with popcorn while reading
It was a little bit of a downer that Andariel and Duriel weren't in D3, although there were Cain's notes on them, and I think I saw a few references elsewhere. What were those two doing while the other Evil's were trying to take over the world? Again.

"Hey Andariel, Duriel, me and the guys were gonna go take over Sanctuary. It's going to be super fun, you should come!" Belial.

"Thanks man, but I've got some errands to run that I've been putting off, and I really need to wash my hair and catch up on laundry." Andariel.

"Yeah, I'm swamped at work and by the time I get home, all I want to do is drink ice tea and play Sims. I really don't have time to help mastermind another genius plot to take over the world of the living." Duriel.

Hahaha.