No one at Blizz plays a monk

Monk
There is a four piece set bonus with a semi spamable effect for 3500% weapon damage, and a six piece set bonus with a charge capped 3000% weapon damage effect. Is there really any further proof needed?
*Infinitely spammable* if you know how to play.
6 set is garbage... still a work in progress. Dashing strike finally got a lightning rune and cooldown reduction on charges.
09/18/2014 10:38 PMPosted by DreUd
*Infinitely spammable* if you know how to play.

jawbreaker... lol
are monks still using one-handers?
No... I remember in one of the blizzcon the devs showed that they play every other class except the witch doctor and laughing about the character.

It then caused a small uproar and they buffed the WD hence the glory days of the powerful WD
If you want to spam it, you need proper gear including the 3 sets + rorg.
You can't really infinitely spam w/o the proper CDR and one of the helm that give up to 50% cdr for BoH. And also, if you think monk 4 set is op, then how come monk is not that competitive compare to wiz, dh, wd?
09/18/2014 10:45 PMPosted by Noliver
No... I remember in one of the blizzcon the devs showed that they play every other class except the witch doctor and laughing about the character.

It then caused a small uproar and they buffed the WD hence the glory days of the powerful WD
lol they also showed us devs didn't play/tested Monk for RoS (no Monk played when beta ended, monks where just released in RoS, they simply nerfed the spells every1 used while getting nothing in return...there was a reason we didnt play those other skills/talent....) and still here in 2.1 we are still by FAR the worst class RoS has 2 offer....and we also had a big uproar....figures i guess ;-)

Oh well Monks are crap and i can guarantee this wont change....ever....(They refuse 2 play monks and we can't really force the devs (just 1 hour is enough for them 2 see how weak we are compared to others) GL with this hopeless never ending battle doh!
Monks seem to be required in 4 player groups to do 40s-50 grifts.

Granted they are there to group mobs with cyclone strike and provide several damage buffs/debuffs rather than DPS themselves, but still.
Even if they were both equally spamable the one requiring two less pieces still does literally 500% more weapon dmg. I mean their math can't be that bad can it?
09/18/2014 11:17 PMPosted by Borg
Granted they are there to group mobs with cyclone strike and provide several damage buffs/debuffs rather than DPS themselves, but still.
this was 1 of the uproars...Monks are just followers, they get laughed at, spit on, are used and abused (and these lines should be in "info" because if Blizz wants us 2 be this garbage people should have know when they created a Monk (i would never have made a monk if i knew this all, i dont want to be a follower)
09/18/2014 11:23 PMPosted by Spite
Even if they were both equally spamable the one requiring two less pieces still does literally 500% more weapon dmg. I mean their math can't be that bad can it?
6 set has an ICD of 6 or 8 seconds = fail and then u have the issue of motion sickness ;-) so it is the choice of motion sickness or spamming a button which no normal person can do for hours in a row without breaking them in the end :) They sure know how 2 make epic sets ;-)
09/18/2014 10:40 PMPosted by Gorthon
6 set is garbage... still a work in progress.

...Unfortunately, from what I gathered, the devs are not going to make any changes to the Raiment set, anytime soon or in the forseeable future. From what I gathered, if they do decide to make changes, they would rather create a new legendary that has better synergy with the set.

I seriously doubt that no one at Blizzard plays a monk, but considering all that has happened, it really makes one wonder, especially when they stated that they were fine with where the monk was at. So I understand the sentiment.
Correction: Devs don't really play this game. Even if they do, it's just for couple hours.

They don't even hire, if any, proper beta testers before the game/patch release.

Simply put, devs don't have any motivation to make this game better. You already bought the game and you are not paying any additional fee to them.
09/19/2014 12:19 AMPosted by VoidOfOne
I seriously doubt that no one at Blizzard plays a monk, but considering all that has happened, it really makes one wonder, especially when they stated that they were fine with where the monk was at. So I understand the sentiment
Devs showed their account with pride and it showed no monk on it so i hope i took away your doubt....Maybe they have their "Milton" in the basement who is playing a Monk...maybe they should check him out and ask his feedback....
Monks have a lot of problems that make them last on solo leaderboards

The obvious one is beeing melee, compared to the other melees we only have 2 viable defensive skills and one of the only works if you have the right secondaries. We´re also required to stand still all the time and have no viable ranged builds, unlike the others melee.

We have bad AoE and rely entirely on procs, which has bugs like BotT not working on them. We can´t really change our skills to cover this shortcomings because the build is pretty much set in stone

But the main reason I think is the complete lack of sinergy between skills and items, like this guy said on another thread

09/17/2014 06:19 AMPosted by Zanathos
Look at our sets. Now that we have mantra of salvation, Inna's is pretty decent. But, because everyone uses Sun Wuko and Inna's 3pc bonus destroys one of the best ways to proc clones, few if anyone is using it. Sun Wuko and Raiment give us procs, they don't boost skills.

People over paragon 600 are not spending points in utility also. Our sets give us fixed damage procs instead of boosting our skills like almost every other class specific set in the game. They also give us no defensive stats and in the case of the only viable in higher Grifts, SWK, lock us down into one single leg weapon
09/18/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Spite
There is a four piece set bonus with a semi spamable effect for 3500% weapon damage, and a six piece set bonus with a charge capped 3000% weapon damage effect. Is there really any further proof needed?

Yes they do, they are the ones with casts on their wrist from carpel tunnel surgery. That is why monks dont get the play time as they should because the monk team is all on short term disability from repeatedly smashing the same 3 buttons over and over and over and over and over.
In Tavern's talk, I remember, one of the devs commented that he would be playing HC monk come season 1. I wonder how's the progress so far.
09/19/2014 07:40 AMPosted by Yesaul
In Tavern's talk, I remember, one of the devs commented that he would be playing HC monk come season 1. I wonder how's the progress so far.

I think he got so upset with the computer game that he became a real monk.