[GUIDE] 2.3.0: The Carnpendium

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 78 79 80 93 Next
06/15/2015 04:46 PMPosted by OftRepeated
06/12/2015 01:16 PMPosted by duchU
Just did 67 (no 0-dog). Try Aughild instead of Steady Strikers/Lacuni. I think it's much better this way.

This reinforces my conclusion that the gear trades at the highest endgame levels (Augh vs. PSK+Lacuni, mojo roll, exact DoD DPS) aren't nearly as important as fishing for the right GR map+mob+elites+RG.

Aughild vs SS - I meant lag problem not DPS. For me it seems that with Aughild there are less lags. Still I played yesterday with +1000 p wizz and it's really unfair what this class can do (cos of DPS and no lag issue)...
I was trying to push 51 yday, failed. Same problem as always. Low density maps or mobs that adds nothing to timer.

:(
Does someone got a good Carnevil Build for Trials 58-60 for solo. Wanna push Leaderboards but most time i dont find groups to make trials.
06/16/2015 12:45 PMPosted by Baskenater
Does someone got a good Carnevil Build for Trials 58-60 for solo. Wanna push Leaderboards but most time i dont find groups to make trials.

Nobody can farm 58-60 keys solo, unfortunately. Certainly not consistently. Someone correct me, please.

I like BBV slam with GI passive (can "almost" perma BBV), just stand to the right of that pit in trial to stay close enough to proc GI yet stay away from jumping baddies. Sader and or monk will keep them at bay for the most part

Other skills I use are, death is life rune for globes for GF passive, and nado to help in grouping.
pretty the same I use for high runs as well.

Pull EP monk and or sader is best for trials, (2 man)
06/16/2015 07:02 PMPosted by REAPER666

I like BBV slam with GI passive (can "almost" perma BBV), just stand to the right of that pit in trial to stay close enough to proc GI yet stay away from jumping baddies. Sader and or monk will keep them at bay for the most part

Other skills I use are, death is life rune for globes for GF passive, and nado to help in grouping.
pretty the same I use for high runs as well.

Pull EP monk and or sader is best for trials, (2 man)

What lvl keys can you solo reaps?
06/16/2015 08:00 PMPosted by Fathead

TBH Fat?...I haven't tried or had to run solo trials

Unfortunately with the way broken trials work, we must use support to get high keys.

Cant wait for this to change....
06/16/2015 08:00 PMPosted by Fathead

I farm mostly between 51 and 54 keys. Sometimes I am unlucky and get 48-50 but rarely.
For trials I use Tribal Rites instead of Gruesome Feast because I can't run around to gather globes. Tribal Rites + Grave Injustice + 'Nado are great for trials. Also I use strongarm bracers.
I believe that I can farm 55 keys also (haven't tried that much solo trials).
GR55 - 12:20 (Telamon)
DoD*, Z6*, (ias)CoE, Mara`s, RoRG, WH, Aughild's*. carn*
BBV, GotD:DiL, SW:J ,FA:LoD, Nado, Snake
PtV,GI,SV,FS
SS (63), BotT (62), Enforcer (62)
http://postimg.org/image/o28g7nytx/

So far in all my 50+ keys i haven't rolled a poison boss yet lol. 5th try on 55.
Did Grift 65 in 4 player group as Carnevil WD
For all who wanna see group gameplay in high Grifts heres a video from the Grift.

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/baskenater/c/6867357
Rank 44 EU no ancient dod!

Keep depths location, one-shots, reflect, thunderstorm, jumping mobs. Awesome. Spent 7 keys.

GR55 - 14:08 Warcryer
DoD, Z6 (torso*, gloves, boots*, legs, mojo*, ring), CoE, Travellers pledge, WH, SK pauldrons*, Steady strikers*, Carnevil
PD-SttF, Piranhas-FP, ZD-CttB, SV-Jaunt, FA-LoD, GotD-DiL
PtV,GI,SV,FS
SS (71), BotT (74), Enforcer (71)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTiLdj_QPM
Downed GR51, finally! Damn! That Stone Singer as RG fvcked up my time :/

GR51 - 14:10 BugaUga
DoD, Z6 (torso*, gloves, boots*, legs*, mojo*,), CoE, RoRG, Xeph, WH, Aughds* (bracers/shoulders), Carnevil
PD-SttF, Nado, GotD DiL, SV-Jaunt, FA-LoD, BBV SD
PtV,GI,SV,FS
SS (53), BotT (53), Gogok(50)

Got new DoD. I will try 52 soon :)
The cube change is amazing and WD's will have so much potential with extra MOJ/RoRG/smk passives.It actually somewhat solves our 120 cd FA problem indirectly and will definitely put carnevil in a great spot for next patch.

We finally have a chance to rival DHs and wizards now. The problem is keeping it that way and we dont want to get it nerfed before next patch. If you are going to play PTR, the absolute worst thing you can do is to push for high solo rankings or whatever metrics devs use. Do not talk about how good WDs are going to be on ptr forums or even worst, on General discussion forums.In fact, don't even say anything or provide any meaningful feedback on any forums.

Does anyone remember what happened to barbs on the 2.2 PTR? and the nonexistent Mortick's Brace? And the subsequent barb QQ afterwards? Lol, apparently some barbs thought it was ok to push PTR solo leaderboards past what our overlord DHs are capable of and that is not acceptable to blizzard to any extent.

Demon hunters. They are always good every patch so very few people talk about them so they get away with having major buffs over other classes and fly under the radar every single patch.

Whatever you do, I ask the high ranking WD cummunity to please not
-Push ptr leaderboards to stupid levels
-Post on ptr forums
-Especially do not post on general discussion

Those people will come out with pitchforks if they hear WD's are remotely good and we will get nerfed so fast. If we want to be good next patch, we also need to keep a low profile and become like the DH community and avoid the mistakes of what barbs did.
Got Grift 66 down as Carnevil in 4 player group (rank 596)
For all who wanna see the video.

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/baskenater/c/6877326
Downed GR58

GR58 - 13:36
DoD*, Z6 (torso*, gloves*, boots*, legs*, mojo*, ring,), CoE, EoJ, SteadyS, PauldronSK
PD-SttF, Nado, GotD DG, SV-Jaunt, FA-LoD, BBV SD
PtV,GI,SV,FS
SS (66), BotT (67), Enforcer (66)

Typical fishing rift with lots of Unburieds and Impalers
Had to skip 3 Elites due to thunderstorm and jailer
RG was Orlash
Typical fishing rift with lots of Unburieds and Impalers
Had to skip 3 Elites due to thunderstorm and jailer
RG was Orlash

One of the disappointing things in the game. Lazy mobs that do no damage and easy to kill give the best progress.
Hi All,

Is me the noob again... -.-"

after taking some advice, i've boost up the IAS.....

now here comes another problem............ i was very much a super duper glass canon......

was like playing contra........ 1 hit KO.................

if im not with a WD Tiki build, very much like "god knows wth im playing" mode...............

was planning to sacrifice a gem to put in a defensive 1........ any idea are appreciated..
It's been a while for me but better late than never. I'd like to partake in season 3 as well. Cheers OftRepeated. :)

GR50, 14:56, Surijak
Carnevil*, DoD*, Zuni(chest/gloves/pants/boots*/mojo*), Aughild(Shoulder*/Bracer), Ouroboros*, RoRG*, CoE, WH
SS 51, BotT 51, Enforcer 50
SttF, FA:LoD, SW:J, Frozen Piranhas, GotD:DiL, Poison Haunt
FS, PtV, SV, GF
06/25/2015 07:05 PMPosted by Maxswei
now here comes another problem............ i was very much a super duper glass canon......was like playing contra........ 1 hit KO.................if im not with a WD Tiki build, very much like "god knows wth im playing" mode...............was planning to sacrifice a gem to put in a defensive 1........ any idea are appreciated..

No
Get used to playing as a "glass cannon", because that's where the darts build is these days. You could put 3 defensive gems in and it still won't help much. Instead focus on avoidance and killing mobs faster ( before they can kill you), and realize that there are grifts that you just need to leave- that by staying you will only be torturing yourself.

06/28/2015 02:50 AMPosted by Surijak
It's been a while for me but better late than never. I'd like to partake in season 3 as well. Cheers OftRepeated. :)

GR50, 14:56, Surijak
Carnevil*, DoD*, Zuni(chest/gloves/pants/boots*/mojo*), Aughild(Shoulder*/Bracer), Ouroboros*, RoRG*, CoE, WH
SS 51, BotT 51, Enforcer 50
SttF, FA:LoD, SW:J, Frozen Piranhas, GotD:DiL, Poison Haunt
FS, PtV, SV, GF

Grats Suri!
Hi Guys, just dropped an ancient lacuni prowlers with the following stats:

+592 int
+579 vit
+7% AS
+ CHC 4.5
+11% movement

Which stat should I reroll to +poison? vit or movement?
Thanks

If I reroll movement speed, I'm able to gain +110 int from paragon.