Seasonal Legendaries for 2.1

Console Discussion
I know we're not getting seasons but I was curious to see if we are getting the Legendaries that were specific to seasons still. And if we are, make them Nemesis specific Legendaries or something of that nature. I feel the Nemesis is very underwhelming in terms of reward but the fight itself is intense and very fun to engage in. Run or kill are the only options. Managing to slay one of these things should reap a nice reward and I think if we do get the seasonal Legendaries he would he a good keeper of these new powerful items. Thoughts?
The answer I got from the diablo 3 twitter account was no we won't get them right away
Thanks for the feedback. I don't use Twitter haha. I'll be happy enough with 2.1 for now coming god knows when but at least we will get them.
That's a pretty good suggestion, though. I know they are considering ways to up the reward of Nemesis kills. Hopefully they will take this into account.
Cool idea except it hoses the Hardcore crowd. I think they should allow the nemesis in Hardcore but allow it to have a higher chance at legendary/set drops for you and whoever it killed since death in HC is obviously much worse. Either this or it would be cool to come up with some other mechanic for the Hardcore crowd as a bonus for going that rout.
I don't feel the need nor the desire to cater to the HC crowd. This is by no means an attempt to sound rude either just speaking bluntly, but being HC is a choice you make for extra bragging rights and achievements, not a higher percentage at drop rates. Leaving the idea of the nemesis to keep these items would make me respect the HC crowd even more for taking the same risk and walking away with that Legendary. I understand your complaint though. "No one dies in HC or shouldn't." Yet... people still do. The Idea will most likely not see the light of day but if it ever were, I'm sure the idea would be heavily criticized and tweaked until it was beneficial and consequential for any player.
Because the Seasons will not be included in patch 2.1.0 for next-gen consoles, the Seasonal Legendaries will also not be included. We haven't released information for plans beyond 2.1.0 yet; however, as info becomes available we'll be sure to share it with all of you.
Well that makes sense, even though those that do not participate in seasons on PC will get a chance to find them once a season closes and they are "rolled into the regular loot pool". But these items will be omitted from console patches because seasons will never take place?

To me it sounds like the console version is going to receive minimal love in the first year and probably nothing after that until the next expansion, this makes me sad as it plays so much better in my eyes on the consoles.

Honestly if it's some kind of additional cost to roll out patches on Sony & MS consoles, give us some reasonably priced DLC to cover those costs.
09/19/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Digimortal
Well that makes sense, even though those that do not participate in seasons on PC will get a chance to find them once a season closes and they are "rolled into the regular loot pool". But these items will be omitted from console patches because seasons will never take place?

To me it sounds like the console version is going to receive minimal love in the first year and probably nothing after that until the next expansion, this makes me sad as it plays so much better in my eyes on the consoles.

Honestly if it's some kind of additional cost to roll out patches on Sony & MS consoles, give us some reasonably priced DLC to cover those costs.

Agreed
Sorry to go on, (I'm quite passionate about this) I'd really like to stress that variety in items is what makes the game so compelling, I love that new dungeons, rifts and secrets are being added, but they pale when it comes to re-playability when compared to the new options and play styles new Sets and Legendaries open up.
09/19/2014 01:18 PMPosted by scooterkid
09/19/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Digimortal

Agreed

add me as a third vote. I am sure there will be more than enough players who would pay for DLC to make it worth Blizzard's while. Whether it is seasons and/or additional legendaries, it does keep the game enjoyable and would be worth paying for.
09/19/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Araxom
Because the Seasons will not be included as part of Patch 2.1.0 for consoles, the Seasonal Legendaries will also not be included. We haven't released information for plans beyond 2.1.0 yet, however as info becomes available we'll be sure to share that.

There is absolutely no logic in this post.

The seasonal legendaries have nothing to do with the actual seasons. They don't disappear when the season ends, they aren't themed for seasons, they're just additional items.

Not putting these in kind of sucks, especially since a couple of them are build making.
Because the Seasons will not be included as part of Patch 2.1.0 for consoles, the Seasonal Legendaries will also not be included. We haven't released information for plans beyond 2.1.0 yet, however as info becomes available we'll be sure to share that.

There is absolutely no logic in this post.

The seasonal legendaries have nothing to do with the actual seasons. They don't disappear when the season ends, they aren't themed for seasons, they're just additional items.

Not putting these in kind of sucks, especially since a couple of them are build making.
Keep in mind, there is always room for things like that to change, especially after patch 2.1.
Yeah hopefully the season legendaries will be added later on to console. Would really suck if not cause there are quite a few that would really compliment some of my characters builds.
If you're not going to release the seasonal loot with 2.1, I get it - PC users had to go through extra hardship to acquire it, but when it rolls into the regular loot pool, a patch should absolutely be released to consoles to make that loot available here too.

Getting to level 70 takes a few hours. The value in the game is constantly looking for the next best upgrade. You've done the hard part of play testing and balancing the new gear, make it available to consoles after the season ends on PC!