Blood Shard Prices

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I'm ok with Blood Shard prices going up with increased chance of legendary going up to compensate.
Fewer trips back and forth between Blacksmith and Kadala.

However, the cost of rare crafting materials required to reroll / craft items should also be lowered to compensate, otherwise this is going to be a net nerf to our ability to reroll and craft items.
Lets be real. It been couple weeks since i gotten anything worth rerolling. Im sitting on 110mil in gold. I was at 65 mil. Usually by now, i would had use the gold to reroll something. Man it just seem it all dried up now.
"Rift Guardians and Greater Rift Guardians now drop more crafting materials"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16043922/patch-211-now-live-9-23-2014
09/23/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Goodbrew
"Rift Guardians and Greater Rift Guardians now drop more crafting materials"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16043922/patch-211-now-live-9-23-2014

23 reusable parts, 6 arcane dust, and 1 veiled crystal

Not nearly enough to compensate.
I have noticed more white and blue mats, but not veiled crystals. One of the best sources for those was from K.
Hey there I see a lot of threads popping up on this topic so I wanted to stop in for a visit and explain the changes. The Kadala change is primarily meant to be a quality of life change for players. Having to fill up your inventory and run back and forth to the blacksmith could be a mildly cumbersome experience and we wanted to improve that. All items on Kadala had their cost increased, when this was done the chance for her to give you items was also increased but by more than the cost justified. For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items.

Since we wanted this change to be purely better for players and we know that many people get their crafting materials from Kadala we also decided to add a lot of extra crafting reagent drops to Greater and normal Rift Guardians. The overall impact should be that you are getting roughly the same amount of crafting materials, except instead of getting primarily yellow mats like Kadala gives you, the mats on the Guardians could be white, blue, or yellow. This should help even out the quantities of assorted material types instead of flooding players with just one type like Kadala was inclined to do.

We will continue keeping on eye on all the effects of the changes. If we find that these changes had any meaningful negative impact on the ability for players to generate crafting materials we will make further tuning adjustments to the amount of material dropped by Rift Guardians.

TLDR - You get more items than you used to!
09/23/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Travis Day
ey there I see a lot of threads popping up on this topic so I wanted to stop in for a visit and explain the changes. The Kadala change is primarily meant to be a quality of life change for players. Having to fill up your inventory and run back and forth to the blacksmith could be a mildly cumbersome experience and we wanted to improve that. All items on Kadala had their cost increased, when this was done the chance for her to give you items was also increased but by more than the cost justified. For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items.

Since we wanted this change to be purely better for players and we know that many people get their crafting materials from Kadala we also decided to add a lot of extra crafting reagent drops to Greater and normal Rift Guardians. The overall impact should be that you are getting roughly the same amount of crafting materials except instead of getting primarily yellow mats like Kadala was include to give those mats on the Guardians could be white, blue, or yellow. This should help even out the quantities of assorted material types instead of flooding players with just one type like Kadala was inclined to do.

We will continue keeping on eye on all the effects of the changes. If we find that these changes had any meaningful negative impact on the ability for players to generate crafting materials we will make further tuning adjustments to the amount of material dropped by Rift Guardians.

Thank you. All we wanted.

Over the long term. But in the short term, some players will experience bad RNG and it will look like a much worse system. So be prepared for a lot more complaint threads over the next couple weeks.
Can we get a puppy from her now plzzzz...
Hey there I see a lot of threads popping up on this topic so I wanted to stop in for a visit and explain the changes. The Kadala change is primarily meant to be a quality of life change for players. Having to fill up your inventory and run back and forth to the blacksmith could be a mildly cumbersome experience and we wanted to improve that. All items on Kadala had their cost increased, when this was done the chance for her to give you items was also increased but by more than the cost justified. For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items.

Since we wanted this change to be purely better for players and we know that many people get their crafting materials from Kadala we also decided to add a lot of extra crafting reagent drops to Greater and normal Rift Guardians. The overall impact should be that you are getting roughly the same amount of crafting materials except instead of getting primarily yellow mats like Kadala was include to give those mats on the Guardians could be white, blue, or yellow. This should help even out the quantities of assorted material types instead of flooding players with just one type like Kadala was inclined to do.

Honestly, I see more people complaining about it than actually testing it. You cannot take a sample group of 100 shards, spend them, and then come back and complain you did not get end game gear.

I was personally 1k shards in on Khadala without a legendary, so I am excited to test this. People might complain they have to pick up more yellows in rifts, but so be it... just kill the RG and get your craft mats as well.

I am excited to test this when I get home.
Thanks for the updates and I'm glad you are keeping an eye on it. Like most I !@#$% from time to time but the number of hours I've put into this game means I enjoy it and overall the game is day and night better than on launch.

Then why bother? if you scaled the drop rate to work with the prices, why not just keep everything as it was and lower the max number of shards u can hold? it would have been the same effect. unless there is more to this that is not being told....

Can you make one of those items Witching Hour pretty please?
Travis, I want my rue chambers ring... thanks :)
All items on Kadala had their cost increased, when this was done the chance for her to give you items was also increased but by more than the cost justified. For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items.

So, if something costs 25 shards(5 before), Kadala has a 6.5-7x increased droprate?
I am going to assume you meant 3/1 more legs because 1/3 would be a huge nerf considering that wench hardly ever gave me legs in the first place.
1/3 more
one third more or one to three times as much?
We at Blizzard deny that there is any problem with smart drops in Seasons. Just because you get a lot of legends for characters you do not have and very little in the way of legends for characters u do have does not mean that there is a problem and because as a wizard u use a 1 handed weapon (wand preferred) we will continue to drop more 2 handed weapons for you . As u can see we have fixed Kadala to cost you 5 times more to try and get a legend you need instead of getting it in the game as a drop to make it more of a challenge for you.

Have fun !!!
Increase the blood shards from 500 to higher to carry.
the problem is the amount of crystalls needed is so high on things like chest/ offhand items while its not hard to get enough blue/white material since the items destroyed left a higher number of mats, yellow items destroyed only net 1 crystal.

even if t6 rift guardian drop 6 more crystals we now get per 100 shards 16 less items, which mostly were yellows. so even if we get 6 veiled crystals in best case mroe from RG we lose 10 from before and most people run only low on veiled crystals >>-

destroying items never was a problem - just go act 1 , the 500shards cap was way more annoying and will be even worse now.