Died in HC, not sure what happened

Hardcore
Just died to T3 act 2 keywarden on crusader with 15m toughness. I was 3 shotted in akarat mode, and I admit I wasnt ready for it because T3 never did that kind of dmg to me before so I was slow to pot. After I died, my friend fought him and it did nothing to him.

The keywarden was the only enemy near/on my screen, so maybe if someone know how/what happened, it'd be great, if not, fellow HC be careful I guess.

If anyone tell me how to post the screenshot, I'll post it

http://i59.tinypic.com/2yowsqt.jpg

Conclusion:
I killed myself, good to know
There's actually a topic in the general discussion forum that monster damage seems to have been increased.. so.. there's that..
sounds like a glitch then, since i took major dmg while my friend took nothing

i expected to die sooner or later, but this way sucks
That keywarden reflects damage when he starts spinning if I recall correctly.
You might've killed yourself with the damage you inflicted when it was being reflected back at you?
Prophet rune?
I use firestarter

scanning the forums for the past 30 mins or so, seems to be only crusader's affected by the reflect dmg?

any non crusaders experience this?
This particular keywarden does indeed reflect damage (I almost died twice due to applying the firebird dot to myself). The most likely scenario is that you killed yourself.
considering the amount of damage firestarter stacks, most likelly u died with reflect.
My friend who's a WD has procced his spirit vessel twice on two different ocassions trying to fight this warden. He stays well clear of it now. :)
When the act 2 warden spins he doesn't just reflect damage he reflects projectiles which can be much much worse since any ranged characters and you can shoot each other and anyone near him is more likely to take the hits. Before his damage got nerfed ranged characters could almost instantly kill friends and themselves. I remember when 2.0 first came out my wizard procced off only a second of firing magic missiles.
Same happen to me!! but I survive after my cheat death CD... I blame the reflect damage and the Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver smite for 70m
09/23/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Viesczy
When the act 2 warden spins he doesn't just reflect damage he reflects projectiles which can be much much worse since any ranged characters and you can shoot each other and anyone near him is more likely to take the hits. Before his damage got nerfed ranged characters could almost instantly kill friends and themselves. I remember when 2.0 first came out my wizard procced off only a second of firing magic missiles.
You're almost spot on, however it has nothing to do with how much damage the warden can do. It's the same as if you stepped into the Scorched Chapel- you are taking player damage which can be significantly greater than T6 monster damage.
ahh he strikes again, i remeber you would have to take off your hell fire ring fighting this guy or the fireball would come back and 1 shot you (while levelling obviously)

the more you know!
That particular guy can bounce attacks back at you. In fact all the spinners from Act 2 can as well as Act 2 giant guys that crawl out of the Sand. When the spinners spin or when the giant guys get a "sweeping wind" around their chest, ranges attacks and some other attacks can be swatted and bounce of him harmlessly but crush you or anyone else that happens to be in your attacks path.

Its not reflect, but turning your entire attack against you. Whatever damage you would have done, you get hammered with.
Back in the old days act 2 keywarden would one shot folks who level up with their hellfire rings on. Used to be funny as hell hearing them go 'WTF!' on teamspeak when their OP ring would reflect its damage onto them and die from a one shot. Good times that was when in a group with everyone wearing them.
It's particularly noticeable on the key warden due to his missile damping field, but yea what Emmett said.
I call it "Rebound" effect instead of Reflect.

DH Impale and Ball Lightning rebounds hit hard. The posion from toxin Gem seems like it can be rebounded too. Can anyone confirm? He quickly switched that gem out.
There's a demon hunter item that whenever the demon hunter dodges, or gets hit it fires a missile back its the attacker, but technically they attacked themselves since they were reflecting their own attack. So the missile would be fired at themselves in an infinite loop until they died. Act 2 KW is dangerous stuff.
You killed yourself actually. His reflect dmg is tough. The reason I don't run any DoT gems.
09/23/2014 09:13 PMPosted by Viesczy
There's a demon hunter item that whenever the demon hunter dodges, or gets hit it fires a missile back its the attacker, but technically they attacked themselves since they were reflecting their own attack. So the missile would be fired at themselves in an infinite loop until they died. Act 2 KW is dangerous stuff.
Blackfeather.