So...No Key of Evil?

General Discussion
Three of the 4 keys are now "group drops," meaning if the key drops for one party member, it will drop for all party members.

But what about the Key of Evil?

Surely Blizzard knows that 4 keys are required?

Or was the same idiot who did the Kadala buff/nerf also working on the Key project?

Steve Austin
Maybe it was a typo in the patch notes. Seems silly to only include 3 of 4 keys...
>>>Or was the same idiot who did the Kadala buff/nerf also working on the Key project?

Hey. To their credit Im sure it was a few different idiots.
The Key of Evil is apparently already a group drop to begin with, so it's not included amongst the other three described in the patch notes.
09/23/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Jaetch
The Key of Evil is apparently already a group drop to begin with, so it's not included amongst the other three described in the patch notes.

This is correct (and thanks to Jaetch for jumping in to answer).

The Key of Evil was already a group drop, and this change just brings the other key drops in line with that one. I understand the confusion, though, as it's been a while since the change to Key of Evil, and most people will have forgotten about it at this point.
09/23/2014 12:46 PMPosted by StoneCold
Three of the 4 keys are now "group drops," meaning if the key drops for one party member, it will drop for all party members.

Or was the same idiot who did the Kadala buff/nerf also working on the Key project?

Steve Austin

Luckily for us, it wasn't the idiot who thinks he's stone cold steve austin working on it.
So what does "group drop" actually mean? Does that mean 400% efficiency in a group or is the same aggregate drop rate but it's an everyone or nobody drop?
09/23/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Andr0idOS

Steve Austin

Luckily for us, it wasn't the idiot who thinks he's stone cold steve austin working on it.

be honest, how cool would it be to have a pro wrestler working for blizzard in the ideas department?

I bet barbs would be even more roided out and have wrestling moves.

Female characters in bikinis only.

Chairs would be usable as a weapon.

I think you're on to something.
09/23/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Snapshot
same aggregate drop rate but it's an everyone or nobody drop
09/23/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Andr0idOS

Steve Austin

And thats the bottom line cuz Stone Cold says so!

Steve Austin
Speaking of "So no Key of Evil"... Has anyone else not received any key drops from the A4 warden today? I just killed him 6 times on solo t6 and he didn't drop. I also ran 3 A4 wardens with a buddy on t6 earlier today and, again, no key drops from him. The other wardens seem to be dropping fine.

Anyone else having the same problem with A4 warden? I know I could just be unlucky, that's why I'm asking if I'm the only one...
I have the problem with the act2 warden.. 10 kill t6 an no key.. all other wardens dropped keys.. seems a little bit strange
You just experiencing rng at its fineist, ive killed 9 odd in t5 today, gotten roughly 5 each key.
lol. Poor community managers take so much abuse from nasty manchildren, yet they're always so polite.
09/24/2014 01:11 AMPosted by Executer
I have the problem with the act2 warden.. 10 kill t6 an no key.. all other wardens dropped keys.. seems a little bit strange

I just did him and all of the wardens in T2 this morning. First game I got the act 2 and 3 keys. Next game I got the act 1 and 4 keys. I ended up making the machine of gluttony and got some vial.

You sure you're killing the right guy?
09/24/2014 06:11 AMPosted by Andrew
lol. Poor community managers take so much abuse from nasty manchildren, yet they're always so polite.

Clearly you weren't around when Tseric was still a CM.
09/23/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Tyvalir
09/23/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Jaetch

This is correct (and thanks to Jaetch for jumping in to answer).

The Key of Evil was already a group drop, and this change just brings the other key drops in line with that one. I understand the confusion, though, as it's been a while since the change to Key of Evil, and most people will have forgotten about it at this point.

More like they were to lame to even realize it. I have the op on ignore and this just reminds me why. They know next to nothing about the game and whine about everything.